Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cooking and Brewing cancelled - Needs unrotten source  (Read 4473 times)

Burnzy503

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cooking and Brewing cancelled - Needs unrotten source
« on: July 08, 2014, 07:53:42 pm »

I've been having this issue lately with my fortresses. I've been keeping up really well with farming and I have a plentiful amount of plump helmets, yet every time I try to cook or brew them into something the job is cancelled due to NOT having the raw uncooked source. I checked my stocks and I have over 80 plump helmets yet they're not being used. Any ideas? Am I missing something? Thanks for the help!
Defeating deities and dying to llamas!

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
Re: Cooking and Brewing cancelled - Needs unrotten source
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 08:23:59 pm »

This could be the old someone has taken the barrel/pot to pick up a single plump helmet thing or the stockpile being linked to something but not to your kitchen/still. I am assuming the stocks you checked were the ones accessed by z as opposed to physically checking they are available in your stockpiles.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

Burnzy503

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 08:30:42 pm »

You're correct! I've been checking through z, but I hadn't thought of someone taking the barrel. Is there any way to get around this issue or am I just going to have to keep a better eye on things?
Defeating deities and dying to llamas!

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 08:40:42 pm »

I turn barrels off in my plant only stockpile next to the still.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 08:41:26 pm »

There is a bug with the new version that it could be as well. I myself didn't experience it and I can't tell from your post whether  you mean I was correct only about you checking through the z stocks or if you checked and someone taking the barrel actually  was the issue.

If it was the barrel thing I commonly set up a larger food stockpile that accepts only from links and will use barrels and a smaller one that accepts from anywhere but doesn't use barrels along one of the larger stockpiles edges set to give to the larger stockpile. That way the barrel spends a great deal less time unavailable because it is in transit.

Stargazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 09:33:10 pm »

Is the barrel bug fixed in .40? I was always rather annoyed throughout the last version how dwarves would pick up a WHOLE bin and drag it to the item they wanted to store instead of simply picking up the item they wanted to store and taking it to the bin.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 09:52:32 pm »

I have seen dwarfs take barrels for a single plant so it isn't fixed AFAIK.

Obibun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 12:45:21 am »

Hi, I just realized I am having the exact same problem as you ---- this must be a bug.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 07:37:16 am »

Is the barrel bug fixed in .40? I was always rather annoyed throughout the last version how dwarves would pick up a WHOLE bin and drag it to the item they wanted to store instead of simply picking up the item they wanted to store and taking it to the bin.

It's not a bug.  It's an intentional change in the hauling system.  If you want your fortress to run efficiently, you need to design around it.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz