Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: You'z da Warboss now! [WH40KSG]  (Read 4581 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You'z da Warboss now! [WH40KSG]
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 05:39:47 pm »

((GM Hat: I don't care if there's overwhelming support, sorry, but a ship is something you guys are gonna have to work for. I knew I wouldn't let you start in space in advance, because I knew everyone would want to be Freebootahz, and that's not how I want this to start. You don't get a ship for free.))
No offense dude, but the reason people want to start in space is because that is what they think would be fun otherwise they wouldn't suggest it. If you're going to have such restrictions already figured out then outline them in the first post. >_> To be honest I don't think having to spend several IRL weeks working towards a ship is gonna be that fun when you seem to have it set out for a planetary based adventure.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 05:42:51 pm »

Alright, first lemme ask why you wanna start in a ship. Or why you want to get into space immediately so badly, rather than taking over a planet?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 05:47:33 pm »

Alright, first lemme ask why you wanna start in a ship. Or why you want to get into space immediately so badly, rather than taking over a planet?
Because Freebootaz are rarely done for one, you can read stuff about WAAAGHs in dozens of books or the Games Workshop rulebooks, but getting to follow the tale of a Freeboota doesn't happen, in fact I don't think there is a single book that really talks about them in any meaningful way or follows them for that matter.

Reason Number 2: I find pirating to be a more interesting adventure possibility than a war down on the ground, instead of just fighting a from city to city we can roam the stars looting and pillaging as we go. Space combat just seems more entertaining not to mention boarding other ships, and then fighting our way through them would be awesome.

Reason Number 3: Its a damn Freeboota :v

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 05:57:05 pm »

I agree with adwarf.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 06:39:36 pm »

In contrast, I dislike freebootahs, and pirating as a whole. My idea of fun is large armies storming across the battlefield, because, to me, that's what appeals to me about 40k and the orks.

Now starting in a spacehulk? THAT would be fun and IS how quite a lot of waaaghs happen.

Just my two cents and add another side to the coin.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 06:54:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

An' dun' go finkin' dat dis 'ere ship is anyfin' more den a bucket o' bolts!

So. You iz da Kaptin, eh? Well, alroight, ain't a Nob'z job to keschin da Kaptin. We'z was Blood Axes 'fore da last Kaptin got us dis 'ere Krooza. Took it from sum humie Kaptin di'nt know how ta fight real good like ar Boyz do. But now dat we gotz da Krooza, we'z is Freebootaz! Dats wot da Boyz is sayin, anywayz. We'z in da middle o' nowhere'z, least as da Weirdboyz sayz, but 'fore we can get to da good stuff, da uvver Nobz sayz I orta be da wun ta tellz you 'bout da ship and da krew. Da grotz been countin' da Boyz ever since you got da Kaptin's 'at, Kaptin. Dey sayz we gotz...well, we gotz a lot uv Boyz, dat's fer sure. Take a look at dese 'ere writin' markinz, mebbe dey'll make sense ta youz?

Spoiler: Da Giltid Fist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Da Krew (click to show/hide)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 10:47:06 pm »

In contrast, I dislike freebootahs, and pirating as a whole. My idea of fun is large armies storming across the battlefield, because, to me, that's what appeals to me about 40k and the orks.

Now starting in a spacehulk? THAT would be fun and IS how quite a lot of waaaghs happen.

You do realize most ships are massive right, like minimum of a few thousand crew for just frigate class ships large?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 10:51:05 pm »

You do realize most ships are massive right, like minimum of a few thousand crew for just frigate class ships large?
Dat's still not space hulk big, do', an' dem teeny hallwayz ain't optiminial fer a good WAAAGH!

...wot? I'z bin tokkin' ta da Mekboyz. Dun't judge me!

'Sides, few t'ousand ain't enuff ta git a good WAAAGH! goin' ennyway.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2014, 09:29:45 am »

Dat's still not space hulk big, do', an' dem teeny hallwayz ain't optiminial fer a good WAAAGH!

...wot? I'z bin tokkin' ta da Mekboyz. Dun't judge me!

'Sides, few t'ousand ain't enuff ta git a good WAAAGH! goin' ennyway.
An' fergit gettin' up close mosta time. Spess battle's leave gud boyz wit nuthin to do dan to bash other boyz' skullz in.

(in other words, yeah, what rolep said :P)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 11:42:26 pm »

Go do orky fings.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2014, 07:07:13 pm »

*jabs Rolep with something sharp*

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2014, 11:47:34 pm »

Boss, we'z can't take da Kroozer just ennywherez wi'dout you'z say so! And you'z needz more den a whisper to get hurd.

Sorry, boss, but we need more den just da wun voiss.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 11:52:20 pm »

Go looking for a ship to loot.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2014, 11:53:32 pm »

+1

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2014, 11:57:06 pm »

+1
+1, but I do believe you mean one that wouldn't lead to certain death!
Your threads aren't safe from me.
Take a closer look at this text!
Pages: 1 [2] 3