Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone tried the insurrections stuff yet?  (Read 7473 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Anyone tried the insurrections stuff yet?
« on: July 08, 2014, 05:00:17 pm »

I haven't really had much luck, time or opportunity to make them work, and I haven't seen anyone post about them either.
But if you did successfully start one...Tell us how that went. I'm too busy murdering out hamlets in the night to really rebel against evil occupants, mostly because there aren't any of these around...

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone tried the insurrections stuff yet?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 05:07:53 pm »

They're surprisingly easy. I went to a stronghold, went down into the basement and a dwarf agreed to start an insurrection. Then I walked upstairs, told the lord I was applying for his job, stabbed him, and then after he ran away nice blue message popped up saying my group now controlled the hamlet and my dwarf buddy celebrated.

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 05:42:36 pm »

Yeah, I did one. The depressing thing is the lady cried when I announced my takeover. Then she ran off, then she returned and apparently took back control so I decapitated her and got to watch her child and last two loyal guards cry on the floor as well.  :(

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 05:48:35 pm »

Just got myself involved in one :) .

It'd be really nice if I could just straight up ask people, "Hey, whose side you on?", but for now it's very roundabout. Closest I got was when I asked about the local ruler, and got a further menu to ask about the leader's hold on the land and such, but even then the one I was talking to wouldn't just say "I am a supporter of the leader" or "I am a supporter of this insurrection!".

I think the goblins in this human town are the ones I need to be killing, but it's hard to say for sure :P .

Quote from: A conversation with the lord
@: You: Does anybody else still have a stake in these lands?
1: Gil Doņasruni, lord: There are no fewer than twenty-four other groups
1: vying for control.
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 05:51:27 pm »

DF 40.01 - first Game of Thrones simulator!
._.

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 06:52:09 pm »

It'd be really nice if I could just straight up ask people, "Hey, whose side you on?", but for now it's very roundabout. Closest I got was when I asked about the local ruler, and got a further menu to ask about the leader's hold on the land and such, but even then the one I was talking to wouldn't just say "I am a supporter of the leader" or "I am a supporter of this insurrection!".

I think the goblins in this human town are the ones I need to be killing, but it's hard to say for sure :P .

You kinda can, I think that anybody who will join the insurrection will say they hate the ruler when being asked about him/her.
I also think you were taking place in a siege by another party, not a insurrection.

Your character, btw, i'm pretty sure is the only person who can start a insurrection whilst your on the site for now.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 05:34:35 pm »

*Goblin's eyes dart*
What? Nooooo, we're your friends...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:36:17 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 06:24:52 pm »

Yeah, I did one. The depressing thing is the lady cried when I announced my takeover. Then she ran off, then she returned and apparently took back control so I decapitated her and got to watch her child and last two loyal guards cry on the floor as well.  :(

Yeah, all this crying that people do now really makes me think about what I'm doing when I cut off their limbs and bludgeon them to a pulp with them. :(
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 07:00:07 pm »

A problem I noticed is that for each site claim you have to make a new group for yourself to control it. For example if you become the lord of hamlet 1 for your group, The Helms of Unhappiness, then you go to Hamlet 2 and make a claim you must make a new group and cannot claim it in the name of your other group. So if you want to control multiple sites you must have many different groups which isn't much of a problem but is just strange. Also, I didn't get any kind of announcement when someone else took control of my site.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 07:01:14 pm »

What are even the benefits of taking over?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 07:04:45 pm »

More people hate you.

Taking over the world is just for kicks at the moment.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 07:44:18 pm »

You get the right to call yourself a lord and all the free spit you could ever want.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 10:38:20 pm »

You get the right to call yourself a lord and all the free spit you could ever want.
If that were a feature of old DF, I would take that deal. Be like getting offered a free drink no matter where you go.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread