Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: [SPOILERS] 0.40 Secret Content Discussion [NOSERIOUSLYSPOILERS]  (Read 29092 times)

Zale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SPOILERS] 0.40 Secret Content Discussion [NOSERIOUSLYSPOILERS]
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2014, 01:20:45 am »

Yep, tested out the genned metals in the area.

5 vs 5 dwarves kitted out in Adamant/Genned Metal with longswords, those in Adamant won handily, taking only one loss.

The 5 vs 5 of Adamant/Genned War Hammers has turned into an endless slog of tired beating followed by exhausted collapses. Those wielding the genned metals won eventually.

PersonGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2014, 02:22:28 am »

Still has anybody found out what the slabs say and that is a bug if they don't do anything?

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2014, 04:36:45 am »

Still has anybody found out what the slabs say and that is a bug if they don't do anything?

Slabs say "I am (demon name), (demon name translated), once of the Underworld. By (god name with translation), I bind myself to this place."
Or well, that's what the slab I found says.
Even with practically invincible adventurers it takes a while to get to them. Especially with occasional crashes.

I believe most have similar writing on them. So far, the best use I found is smashing people with them. Translated, mine is actually named (the slab): Crushjewel, the Help of Driving. (They are all named before use, so I'm just doing what it says!)
Now here's where it gets interesting: the demon who made the slab and bound himself is called "Elo Takenrighteous". The demon calls himself Ithbiatal on the slab.
Elo, in the legends, is the master of a goblin civ and still alive. And stated to be a part of the living world that war might rage. He's doing a good job.

I'm going to see if I can get the slab to Elo. The legends say he rules from a slade spire. Though it's slightly fuzzy, I believe the goblin dark fortress capital was actually established because of that spire.
Elo has also tamed giant olms and giant rats during his trips to the underworld. This should be a fun trip.

EDIT:
I arrived to the master demon. Now here comes the epiphany:
The spoiler contains 3 pictures. Yes, it's a spoiler in a spoiler thread. Take a slab and talk to the demon that made it if you want to find out the truth for yourself.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 06:08:52 am by Wimopy »
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

PersonGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2014, 05:58:18 am »

Slabs say "I am (demon name), (demon name translated), once of the Underworld. By (god name with translation), I bind myself to this place."
Or well, that's what the slab I found says.
Even with practically invincible adventurers it takes a while to get to them. Especially with occasional crashes.

I believe most have similar writing on them. So far, the best use I found is smashing people with them. Translated, mine is actually named (the slab): Crushjewel, the Help of Driving. (They are all named before use, so I'm just doing what it says!)
Now here's where it gets interesting: the demon who made the slab and bound himself is called "Elo Takenrighteous". The demon calls himself Ithbiatal on the slab.
Elo, in the legends, is the master of a goblin civ and still alive. And stated to be a part of the living world that war might rage. He's doing a good job.

I'm going to see if I can get the slab to Elo. The legends say he rules from a slade spire. Though it's slightly fuzzy, I believe the goblin dark fortress capital was actually established because of that spire.
Elo has also tamed giant olms and giant rats during his trips to the underworld. This should be a fun trip.

I do wonder how much importance it has like if there is something you can do with the slab to affect the demon or the slade spire in some way or one can get reward or power of some sort by using it for a specific purpose as i think toady wouldn't mention it specifically as a part of the spire for it just to be a statement of something you can find out through legends mode.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2014, 06:05:43 am »

I do wonder how much importance it has like if there is something you can do with the slab to affect the demon or the slade spire in some way or one can get reward or power of some sort by using it for a specific purpose as i think toady wouldn't mention it specifically as a part of the spire for it just to be a statement of something you can find out through legends mode.

I updated my post with my findings so far as you posted. I added the slab's power in spoilers.
This is awesome.
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

PersonGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2014, 06:19:04 am »

That is interesting.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2014, 06:33:13 am »

That is interesting.

Then let's talk in spoilers:

I'm working on getting that second slab. Worldgens like placing vaults in hard-to-reach places. That other world was ideal, as I only had to walk for about half a week in game to get to the demon. Too bad it's corrupted now.
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2014, 07:27:41 am »

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2014, 07:43:33 am »

You beat me. Damn. Can't claim I'm the first player to

Ah well. Funny dialogue (spoiler!!!)

Legends say:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 07:47:40 am by Wimopy »
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2014, 07:59:37 am »

That pretty sweet we are starting to get into the whole
I've always been a big fan of the
stuff.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2014, 08:26:40 am »

Huh, cool. Though at the moment it seems kinda useless since

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2014, 08:42:30 am »

Wait, people can now throw things?
._.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2014, 08:48:13 am »

Wait, people can now throw things?

Let me fix that, I don't remember exactly what she did, but I think she punched or kicked her that hard that one hit tore upper torso from bottom and made it flew across the room.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 08:52:06 am by MaskedMiner »

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2014, 09:01:33 am »

Huh, cool. Though at the moment it seems kinda useless since

I dunno, the masters I encountered both ran at me boasting. Though I didn't give them a chance to escape.
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Jarod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2014, 09:10:02 am »

Just in case anyone wants to find an Underworld Spire (I didn't see anyone mention any) I found them in the centre of the dark pits near the goblin tower things but further in (I found them using Legends mode and seeing where the Demon ruled from and in what area it was), they're shaped similar to how the vaults are in your screenshot and they have long winding tunnels of what I assume are prison cells, you keep going down and then you get to this massive pit sort of thing that has holes that drop down further than my line of sight goes. These areas are filled with weapons just lying all over the place as well as crafts of differing quality. You can keep going even further down this long windy passage sort of thing that has no walls and sheer drops off to the sides, the stopped at different point and came to these sort of big room things that were just uninteresting and had entrances to paths that kept going down.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to go further than that because my character needed sleep and I was woken up (rather rudely I might add) to a crossbow bolt to the face. I assume they go all the way down to the underworld because there was no indication of the passage stopping.
If you go up from the ground you'll meet up with the demon and some weird dead end rooms and this massive room that was filled with just pillars.
I hope to go back and fully explore as a new character, will update when I reach the bottom.
"birthing is like the D-day landing for dwarf babies"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9