Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: the age of goblins  (Read 861 times)

nomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
the age of goblins
« on: July 08, 2014, 05:11:22 am »

i have never seen this before

this is on a small world with high natural savagery and number of megabeasts.
the other races don't seem to be extinct though.

also worldgen was super quick, about 20 seconds for 250 years.

this is going to be interesting
RARRR... I'm a big bad Falcon Demon named Murray who doesn't know what a Legendary Miner is. I'm a MONSTAAA! RARRRR! Oh, oh, pick in my brain. Down I go.

Sallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: the age of goblins
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 12:56:28 pm »

PTW

CypherLH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 01:21:24 pm »

Yeah, I generated a small default world in the basic generator and Goblins control about 90% of the map. Goblin pits are spammed everywhere. There is one human civ clinging to life in a semi-arctic corner of the map and one dwarf civ with one mountain-home clinging to life as well. Also one Elven civ :) I assume the new Goblin pits must be unbalanced or something, giving the Goblin civs some advantage in worldgen? Or maybe its just random chance, not sure.

I played a human adventurer and that one human civ is just barely holding on. The one town is half in ruins and when I went there there was random chaos going on, the population was very low and seemed to be half human, half goblin. Bandits were stalking me in the ruined half of the city(the stealth stuff is AWESOME!!!) and even the "good" half of the town is about half abandoned, with hostile creatures running around in some parts of the city. Maybe I can try to help out somehow. FUN! Adventure mode is amazing now, the active/alive world makes a huge difference!

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 04:49:11 pm »

I think it's likely to do with the goblin occupations. Not once in this release have I seen a civilization take over another site other than the goblins. They're probably just more aggressive, plus they are all immortal and not restricted to forests like elves.

Though in all honesty I've seen more dwarf sites than goblin sites in the worlds I've genned! Those hill dwarves are everywhere.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.