Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If the mechanics behind this RtD were simpler, would you join? (Only vote if you have not signed up)

Yes
- 7 (70%)
No
- 3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: Exiles of the Void -- Roll 27  (Read 41188 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Exiles of the Void -- Roll 26
« Reply #405 on: August 22, 2014, 10:04:47 pm »

Can we catapult ourselves from Artosis to Heracles, the refuel and go to Gaia?

((Your character probably doesn't understand this, but just in case Varee is watching...

DeltaV cost is the minimum requirement to catapult yourself. The ship can only do ~45,000 m/s, so the only way to slingshot to Heracles is if Artosis is moving at ~40k m/s, which is plausible, but it's unlikely considering that there is liquid water on the surface.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 22, 2014, 10:07:51 pm »

I am indeed watching but i got no clue on what we should do..... What the goal again?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 23, 2014, 01:04:15 am »

((Ok. I'm not doing much now, as we've already explored the ship and my character isn't really in a leadership role.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 23, 2014, 02:03:50 am »

I am indeed watching but i got no clue on what we should do..... What the goal again?

((Make a colony. You are a colony ship after all. There are thousands of people waiting.))

((Ok. I'm not doing much now, as we've already explored the ship and my character isn't really in a leadership role.))

((That's why I killed off the captain. There is no leader, you guys have to decide for yourselves!

I see this as a perfect social commentary of sorts, the way nobody's wanting to get involved right now xD))

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 23, 2014, 02:55:02 am »

VEx set course for a fly by of the radiation emition.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 23, 2014, 09:59:37 pm »

VEx set course for a fly by of the radiation emition.

[5] You gently thrust forward and enter a higher orbit, and allow the object to rotate around the planet. After a few hours, the radiation source is visible on the other side of the world. As it passes by again, you see it against the background of oceans and skies: a rectangular monolith, with thrusters on one end. The otherwise-featureless body is a smooth black, with no sensors or ports directly visible.

The computer warns you that the radiation would be very intense should you get closer. A regular human inside the safety of the grav-ring would be fine, but even minute levels of radiation are too much for those whose bodies have been frozen and thus suffer from slowed cell repair. Your robotic units can easily approach it, though, and the shuttles could probably be fitted with lead shielding to protect the crew, an old trick you used to use to deploy rovers on damaged rockets.

New Trait: Danger Close (+2 to rolls when in danger of radiation, heat, or explosions)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 24, 2014, 12:15:44 am »

-"ok guy that thing look important so let ry get it aboard."
Get rad shielding material on a transport shuttle and have it bring the thing onboard in a containment box

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 24, 2014, 02:15:26 am »

-"ok guy that thing look important so let ry get it aboard."
Get rad shielding material on a transport shuttle and have it bring the thing onboard in a containment box

The monolith is, judging from the radius of the planet and the radius of its orbit, about two kilometers in length and vastly exceeds the size of your ship. And boxes, for that matter.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 24, 2014, 03:42:31 am »

change of plan! send the miner to collect sample! get a rad shield for the sample instead

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 24, 2014, 11:24:37 am »

change of plan! send the miner to collect sample! get a rad shield for the sample instead

[4] The miner is designed to chip through stone, not hardened steel. You do learn about the composition of the hull from what you can scrape off, though. It seems to be a hardened steel alloy similar to the kind used in modern startship outer armor.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 24, 2014, 11:36:33 am »

-"urgg this god damn piece of junk. It is emitting immense power i we might be able to use it to fuel our nuclear engine but am running out of idea..."
Get to the beidge and attempt to shoot it with the rail gun.
(I have two more idea after this but it might not be the best to get to use plan d and plan x)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 24, 2014, 11:58:10 am »

-"urgg this god damn piece of junk. It is emitting immense power i we might be able to use it to fuel our nuclear engine but am running out of idea..."
Get to the beidge and attempt to shoot it with the rail gun.
(I have two more idea after this but it might not be the best to get to use plan d and plan x)

[4] You set the target for the computer, which then lays a firing solution. As you hit 'confirm,' the hull immediately shudders. By the time you look back at the monitor, there is already a burst of plasma and shrapnel expanding from the site of the impact.

Fortunately, there is no hostile response. You observe a surface a few meters beneath the outer armor layer, scarred but not punctured by the hypervelocity impact.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 24, 2014, 12:06:25 pm »

(( i feel like i should give the other time to respond before i pull an even more drastic measure on this thing.....  Plan d is to deorbit that thing, shouldnt be to hard right?))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 24, 2014, 12:15:34 pm »

(( i feel like i should give the other time to respond before i pull an even more drastic measure on this thing.....  Plan d is to deorbit that thing, shouldnt be to hard right?))

((Into the ocean? Better check if it floats first. Deorbiting it might take all your fuel, since its absolutely huge, but it's possible.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #419 on: August 24, 2014, 12:19:50 pm »

((Well, guess we'll never find out what that monolith does now...))
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30