Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My d key is busted.  (Read 791 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
My d key is busted.
« on: July 08, 2014, 02:42:11 am »

Okay, here's the thing. My d key is busted (I'm copy pasting them). d Is unfortunately rather vital in dF, so yeah. does anyone happen to know of a list of all of the commands in dF? Or at least any that use d.

Similarly are control bindings anywhere in an editable file so I can save this binding setup/edit it out of game, or will I have to redo it whenever a new update comes out (Not often, but it pays to be prepared)?

Alternately if anybody inexplicibly knows of a way to play the game without using d OR remapping it, that's also acceptable. Although I feel like that's a long shot.

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My d key is busted.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 03:38:17 am »

Another possible workaround is remapping some different, useless key (looking at you, caps lock) to be the new d!

Not sure how easy this is on various operating systems besides Linux, but you could try googling it.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 06:07:36 am »

Okay, here's the thing. My d key is busted (I'm copy pasting them). d Is unfortunately rather vital in dF, so yeah. does anyone happen to know of a list of all of the commands in dF? Or at least any that use d.

Similarly are control bindings anywhere in an editable file so I can save this binding setup/edit it out of game, or will I have to redo it whenever a new update comes out (Not often, but it pays to be prepared)?

Alternately if anybody inexplicibly knows of a way to play the game without using d OR remapping it, that's also acceptable. Although I feel like that's a long shot.

"/data/init/interface.txt"
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 04:52:54 pm »

words

"/data/init/interface.txt"

Ahaaaaa, thank you! That helps so, so much.

Another possible workaround is remapping some different, useless key (looking at you, caps lock) to be the new d!

Not sure how easy this is on various operating systems besides Linux, but you could try googling it.

And knowing a useless key to remap to also helps quite a bit,as the initial issue I ran into was remapping d into some other key that the game uses, resulting in a big goose chase. Thank ya!