Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Updating world takes long  (Read 4508 times)

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
Updating world takes long
« on: July 07, 2014, 11:26:06 pm »

You probably noticed already that updating a world for use takes quite long (around as much as creating it or even more).
I made a 550 year old medium world, and, well I didnt take the time, but after I make an adventurer im saving in case I die a stupid death and would have to update again.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Updating world takes long
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 11:27:17 pm »

It's not all that long for me, but my world isn't spectacularly big nor is the history very long, so that's why...
Still, I think it's understandable why it would take it so long...

Gnomeknows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 11:34:01 pm »

Ya, but just think about all the FUN it's generating for your adventurer!
In fact, we should really say, that beards are born with babies.  Since beards are sentient it is quite possible they style themselves or even that they grow styled.
I'm totally convinced dwarven babies are born with beards. How those get braided, combed or shaved before birth is one of the arcane dwarven mysteries.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 11:37:42 pm »

I recall Toady mentioning that it's something that needs work and that the update time will be shorter in a smaller world with a shorter worldgen until it gets optimized.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Badfuzzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 12:05:45 am »

(hopefully I'll be able to make good progress on the calendar speed -- until then, smaller worlds with less history if you want to crank through it)