Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 113097 times)

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.02 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #630 on: July 12, 2014, 07:42:55 pm »

Hydras be cheating:

"Attacking you with quickheavywildprecise bite"
I see program in back left.

BillyTheKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 12, 2014, 08:13:54 pm »

It kind of sucks that the one time you make an adventure with a bite profession, you sneak into a tomb and a trap throws you a spinning two handed sword at your back, severing nerves in the upperspine. But I could still walk and punch things. The only thing that I couldn't do anymore was biting, and I have no idea why. But it's really terrifying to find that out after having wrestled some boars in the forest for 10 minutes....

Started out with a new advenurer. It was for the best.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 12, 2014, 10:29:39 pm »

Hydras be cheating:

"Attacking you with quickheavywildprecise bite"
I guess the different heads have different attack styles. I wonder what would happen if you gave a Hydra [CAN_SPEAK]? Would all of its heads talk separately, or in unison?

I can imagine this:

Hydra head 4: Just now, I attacked Urist McUnluckybastard.

Hydra heads 2, 1, and 7: (in unison) It was Inevitable.

Hydra heads 5 and 6: (in unison) It was for the best.

Hydra head 3: Death is all around us... I must withdraw!

Hydra heads 7, 5, and 1: (in unison) Goodbye.
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 12, 2014, 10:46:36 pm »

For now no, that kind of thing is planned though.

More for the sake of Ettins I think, and all those scenes in movies where there's someone with multiple heads and they argue with each other.  Toady talked about it in... I don't know, some DF talk or another.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 12, 2014, 10:57:01 pm »

More for the sake of Ettins I think, and all those scenes in movies where there's someone with multiple heads and they argue with each other.  Toady talked about it in... I don't know, some DF talk or another.
Cmd+F turns up nothing about ettins, their heads, or them arguing. Y U LY???

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 12, 2014, 11:15:02 pm »

This is kind of terrifying

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd like you to note that above that sentence another owl was talking about how they personally attacked you.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 13, 2014, 01:11:40 am »

Because I apparently have more confidence in my own memory than is warranted.

I could have sworn Toady had a conversation with someone about how the two heads of an ettin could have an argument and whether one head would control the left side and one the right side or what.  But I've searched the DF talk transcripts, future of the fortress threads, and finally Google and nothing came up (except this thread) so... huh.  Guess that happened.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 13, 2014, 01:32:51 am »

We must be sharing the same hallucination then.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 13, 2014, 01:38:56 am »

I could have sworn Toady had a conversation with someone about how the two heads of an ettin could have an argument and whether one head would control the left side and one the right side or what.  But I've searched the DF talk transcripts, future of the fortress threads, and finally Google and nothing came up (except this thread) so... huh.  Guess that happened.
Could be a video interview.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 13, 2014, 01:45:15 am »

I seem to remember Toady mentioning something about Ettins somewhere too. It was in the context of having multiple souls per body, or something like that.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 13, 2014, 06:06:04 am »

Went on a quest to slay a night hag, found the drunk hammerdwarf who knew her whereabouts, then recruited him to come help me.  We got to her lair and it was deserted, so I decided to take a nap.  As we napped an asterisk sprinted to our location and when I woke up the night hag was sprinting after the dorf.  I gave chase but by the time I reached them she was shaking him around by the head and most of his blood was all over the ground.  I killed the night hag but she didn't fight back.

That seems to be a common theme here.  Most "enemies" except titans for some reason never actually fight back.  Even when i get attacked by wolves half of them won't fight me.  I go into a bandit camp and start murdering people and maybe if I'm lucky one guy will try to fight me.

Maybe I'll try murdering my lord and see if the hearthsmen try to fight me.
Shoes...

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 13, 2014, 06:39:31 am »

Yeah, I have that problem all the time.

I just went into a goblin fortress to find someone who was kidnapped, for some reason there was a civil war between goblins and trolls (The trolls were winning, of course). No one is an enemy to me except some goblins which occasionaly enter no quarter combat, but they all immediately run away in terror. Interestingly, the trolls are totally content with my existance.

The do occasionally fight back though. Earlier I encountered a goblin pikeman who suceeded in crippling me, but despite the fact I was lying in a pool of my own blood and in pain, he then proceeded to run away screaming "Help! Save me!", leaving me to just crawl away and fast-travel away my injuries. How anti-climactic :-\.

...now that I think about it, I think that was the only time a goblin really tried to fight me (Except crossbowmen, who seem to shoot while running away. Those fucking crossbowmen...)
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

AMTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 13, 2014, 09:07:26 am »

So the Undead don't ignore necromancers anymore?

I put all my points into ambushing, and of course, one to reading.
 Asked everyone in the whole fortress I started in to come along, stormed the tower, while sneaking but everyone else stormed the tower.
 Found the book with the secrets in it, it said i'd learned them, take three steps towards the door, an elf corpse spots me, then I'm dead.
 my icon is a wiggly topped N after I'm dead which suggests I was a necromancer.

Undead have affiliation? remember friends and allies or something?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 13, 2014, 09:55:52 am »

So the Undead don't ignore necromancers anymore?

I put all my points into ambushing, and of course, one to reading.
 Asked everyone in the whole fortress I started in to come along, stormed the tower, while sneaking but everyone else stormed the tower.
 Found the book with the secrets in it, it said i'd learned them, take three steps towards the door, an elf corpse spots me, then I'm dead.
 my icon is a wiggly topped N after I'm dead which suggests I was a necromancer.

Undead have affiliation? remember friends and allies or something?
more so undead will beat up other people, this kinda means they only have ties to their masters which makes walking into an tower much harder, but outside of that all the necromancer would be either dying in their towers or trying to escape since all their minions hate them, luckily undead have horrible observation skills and you can easily sneak past them if you put in enough points into ambush and plan out the fastest route to get the slab/book to give you necromancy.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 13, 2014, 10:16:03 am »

They do ignore vampires completely.  You can go prone and just crawl through the swarms of undead to get to the books.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 52