Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 109378 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #450 on: July 09, 2014, 08:36:59 pm »

Pretty repeatable now, I've spent the night in one of the dwarven hillocks. Well, they don't count for squat against night creature attacks.

But a group of night creatures spawning amidst ~40 sleeping dwarves is just the beginning....

Because the dwarves, seemingly in terror or because bug, start attacking each other. A no-holds bar close quarters melee erupts, filling my screen with combat spam. The Night Creature bug out after, honestly, just a few rounds. But the carnage they unleashed goes on for many, many more turns. You hear some dwarves begin to realize what's happening. "So and so is dead, I must not let grief reach me.""I have a part in this, this might require an answer." Many others cry out for salvation or mumble numbly at the horror they've just seen. Others are quick to enact revenge, starting the cycle over, as a stream of dwarves (and myself) pour out the entrance of the hillock through the smoke left by the Night Creatures, and the brawl continues on.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

blazing glory

« Reply #451 on: July 09, 2014, 08:45:49 pm »

Pretty repeatable now, I've spent the night in one of the dwarven hillocks. Well, they don't count for squat against night creature attacks.

But a group of night creatures spawning amidst ~40 sleeping dwarves is just the beginning....

Because the dwarves, seemingly in terror or because bug, start attacking each other. A no-holds bar close quarters melee erupts, filling my screen with combat spam. The Night Creature bug out after, honestly, just a few rounds. But the carnage they unleashed goes on for many, many more turns. You hear some dwarves begin to realize what's happening. "So and so is dead, I must not let grief reach me.""I have a part in this, this might require an answer." Many others cry out for salvation or mumble numbly at the horror they've just seen. Others are quick to enact revenge, starting the cycle over, as a stream of dwarves (and myself) pour out the entrance of the hillock through the smoke left by the Night Creatures, and the brawl continues on.

Hurrah! Tantrum spirals are in adventure mode!

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 09, 2014, 08:50:49 pm »

Just created a new human adventurer. Demigod. There's a large goblin civ surrounding a human civ enclave, so I decide to play as a human from that enclave.

I go to the local mead hall. Humans and goblins seem to be intermingling here. I recruit some companions and find out that a force from the goblin civ is going to attack a town in the south. I decide to head that way.

On the way, I see a star. I head towards it. Goblin ambush. I look around. There's not that many of them, this should be easy enough. I take a step to the west.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 09, 2014, 09:08:33 pm »

So uhh yeah looks like once you hit a high enough lordship you can start issuing orders and demands to ladies.

As soon as you're lord of your own group you can try to demand tribute from another group. I've never seen it work. I tortured a lord for a legitimately frightening amount of time and even as he died in agony he refused.

I managed to get some bandits to agree to pay tribute to my home site's government. They didn't even try to attack me, and I didn't even need to break any kneecaps. I did this as a hearthperson btw.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:37:28 pm by Archereon »
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 09, 2014, 09:11:15 pm »

Just created a new human adventurer. Demigod. There's a large goblin civ surrounding a human civ enclave, so I decide to play as a human from that enclave.

I go to the local mead hall. Humans and goblins seem to be intermingling here. I recruit some companions and find out that a force from the goblin civ is going to attack a town in the south. I decide to head that way.

On the way, I see a star. I head towards it. Goblin ambush. I look around. There's not that many of them, this should be easy enough. I take a step to the west.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

welp good to see ranged combat still works
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 10, 2014, 01:21:13 am »

Ladyworlds--it's just occurred to me across 5 gens I have never received a male char nor encountered an entity I remembered as explicitly male other than Lords, and it's just as often I find Ladies.  I believe all combatants I've examined and fought for a significant amount of time have been female.

Is this new, or merely a fact of the game that was already in place?
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 10, 2014, 02:26:26 am »

So... I recruited an Axedwarf and a goblin axeman from my squad in the mountain home. About half way through day two the axedwarf started spitting on our other companion. The she started to hate me, possibly because I killed a kea. Then she began vowing vengeance against... someone, I couldn't really tell if it was me or the ravens. Finally we ran into a group of keas and the goblin went to town, the axedwarf swore vengeance and declared that she could not stand idly by, SO SHE BEGAN TO DUEL THE GOBLIN! When I came over to see what the hell was up she began a non fatal fight against me (the duel with my other companion was to the death) I backed off and shortly thereafter the goblin cut off the dwarf's head and exulted in his victory. Meanwhile it appears I was crying.

I have no idea what just happened. :o
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 10, 2014, 03:04:58 am »

hm it seems that in the 2 weeks between adventurers a elf civ was destroyed thats a big plus for the world activation

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 10, 2014, 03:20:49 am »

wow you can fast travel in dwarven forts also theres a hole in the wall here leading to the caverns

ok theres a lot of holes and i dont think this is a fort it seems to be some sort of massive underground road

woo wasent the depot on the left on the way down i must be elsewhere in that same site
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:25:39 am by tuypo1 »

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 10, 2014, 03:28:48 am »

heh i new i couldent make the drop so i made a jump instead

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 10, 2014, 03:37:27 am »

i have no idea whats going on at this tower

newjrmint21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 10, 2014, 04:22:45 am »

so far... i am very happy. i can take over a town and assign people to do shit for me? bad ass. so far really buggy. cities are pretty bad... each step was a crawl as the question marks that i assume indicate the sound of movement appeared in every building. so far, i am getting next to no resistance from the locals as i chop off their heads one by one, nor from any creature at all really.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 10, 2014, 04:44:34 am »

In goblin dark fortresses they have better rooms for the prisoners than for themselves. Also their holding cells have easily breakable doors and convenient armories unguarded nearby.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 10, 2014, 04:46:10 am »

In goblin dark fortresses they have better rooms for the prisoners than for themselves. Also their holding cells have easily breakable doors and convenient armories unguarded nearby.

a breakout means a fight who dosent want a fight oh wait thats orks

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 10, 2014, 06:16:36 am »

I've been playing for a while as a human vagabond named Gozi, who has somehow gained the name 'InkyStigma'.
Damn, there's a lot to do! Haven't had much luck with combat against notable enemies, so far. My group of soldiers were torn apart by a band of goblins, but Gozi managed to run the hell away, taking a few wounds in the process.
Once I'd lost them I crept my way back, testing out the new stealth stuff, and looted one of my companions for some half-decent gear.

Most recently, I decided that a copper battleaxe wasn't good enough and that I wanted one of the steel weapons I'd seen the hill dwarves parading around. So I went in there with a few new companions, demanded that a miner drop his pick, and then when he refused simply took it from him, told him to stop fighting, and walked out as the hilldwarves babbled excitedly about the scuffle. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 52