Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 109404 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #300 on: July 08, 2014, 11:55:04 pm »

When I attacked neutrals my allies turned on me but always agreed to end the fighting.  Entertainingly enough they would also follow me through fast travel, in a conflict with me all the while.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Half-assassin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 09, 2014, 12:08:32 am »

Oh look, another interesting thing happened to me.  Almost like I'm playing Dwarf Fortress.

So I made someone I thought could be pretty sneaky, mostly a swordsman, with some sneak, (nice sneaking system by the say I seriously recommend you press S and try it out.) and set off.
Nothing seriously interesting happened, I went to a 'bandit' camp where there was one guy frantically running west, when I finally caught him and asked him why he was traveling, he said he was looking for work.  I asked him to join but he said he wouldn't have any share of my glory (I had 2 followers).  So I go to the nearest town to see if anything interesting happened, and well I got a run for my money.  Went straight to the castle, and I walked in on a necromancer commanding a dead person to brutally murder a lady.  I think there were children (creepy fucking children  :o that were saying weird shit about death).  I tried to kill the zombie, but after only a few hits on it I saw the text that said  *Zombie (it wasn't a zombie, it was a dead guy with an actual name) hits lady in the head from behind.  It explodes.*  Then the zombie turned to me, and when I hit *block (dabbling)* command, it crashed.  Byotiful.

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 09, 2014, 12:24:21 am »

So far I can't play the same world twice--usually crashes at calendar screen but sometimes on the processing.  Got three plays out of the first world, one out of the second and third before this issue began appearing.  I've tried putting basically everything to its bottom rung and making pocket worlds, doesn't seem to help much.
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

Bartholomew The Pious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 09, 2014, 12:32:27 am »

Yep the undead being tough as usual
I can't quote for squat, but this is very true. Credit to PTTG?? for this insightful comment.
~Haven & Hearth has always been a terrible game with great promise. That promise kind of faded away, and now it's mainly a way for a few dedicated scumbags to annoy the few new people who drift in.~

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 09, 2014, 12:36:42 am »

I'm glad it's finally dropping me off in a city instead of leaving me to search for a town. For some reason though, it looks like everyone else in the town is a child.
Now I'm seeing my adventurer's deity all over the marketplace and I can only speak to my deity. Like other people, it's causing my game to crash as well.

Wait are you seeing your deity everywhere? Or are you opening your talk menu and only getting your deity as an option?
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 09, 2014, 12:41:12 am »

Anyone know what the deal is with "Dark Pits" sites? All I have seen indicates they are just shallow, narrow canyons.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 09, 2014, 12:46:02 am »

IT seems to me that Dark pits are abandoned Goblin Pits.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

blazing glory

« Reply #307 on: July 09, 2014, 12:46:55 am »

Started game.

Genned a world with 100 years or so of history.

Noticed that the time passing when making a adventurer was painfully long.

Made a peasant adventurer.

According to the townsfolk there's a goblin gang roaming the streets and harassing people.

Went outside,saw goblins.

Started attacking,managed to overwhelm a pikegoblin.

Got killed by townsfolk.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 09, 2014, 01:01:08 am »

hm it seems that with the seperate neck and throat body parts work like parts of the head some things hit that thing others just hit the head as a whole
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 09, 2014, 01:37:39 am »

oh my armok theres a lot of dwarfs in this drinking mound

Necalli

• Bay Watcher
  • amusing ourselves to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 09, 2014, 01:41:09 am »

So the first task I picked was to kill some kobold bandits. My axeman arrived at the camp at night with two meatloa companions while in stealth mode. There were six of them lying on the groundl; couldn't tell if they were sleeping or not, as some of them clearly witnessed me creeping around. They weren't aggressive, and didn't mind me choping each and every one of them to pieces like there's no next release. And thats where comes the fun part: I open the inventory and see SMEARINGS of my characters TEARS all over his eyes, some kobold blood around his mouth, then I checked my companions - same shit, they were crying. And then if it wasn't enough, one of them says something along the lines of: "We shouldn't walk around hurting random people".

Imagine someone crying and sobbing while he pulverises a bunch of sleeping kobolds.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 09, 2014, 01:42:21 am »

Does anyone else get the sadistic urge to drop a pissed off hydra down one of these hill dwarf holes and barricade the hatch?
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 09, 2014, 02:11:44 am »

im in a great big goblin fortress no idea how im gonna find the kidnaped child but i dont care about that any more the constant screaming does get a bit annoying at times though

im bashing goblin heads in like i just dont care
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:13:40 am by tuypo1 »

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 09, 2014, 02:12:44 am »

demanding a yield is hilariously abusable

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 09, 2014, 02:15:45 am »

Stealth is extremely overpowered now.
I entered a dwarven fortress and realized it was abandoned, so I enter stealth mode, walking around I find a forgotten beast: firebreathing jay.
Luckily it was lookimg at the wall so I "silently stabbed it form behind" 200 times until it bled out.
My adventurer is just a peasant.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 52