Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 109422 times)

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #240 on: July 08, 2014, 05:41:03 pm »

My first impressions:
-Oh hey there god-- And there goes my game
-I licked off all the water from my clothes yet I'm still thirsty!
-Hey there Dark Fort Master!  Hearing about your evilness is cool and all in conversation, but I can't respond because you are strangling my vocal cords.
-I'm trying to rescue you human child, why are you just lying there?  I know it is terrifying, but I had to kill the goblins so you wouldn't get put back in the cell.

And now I cannot play at all because every time I enter Fast Travel, adventure mode crashes.  :(

Foggy Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 08, 2014, 05:51:52 pm »

Sprinting and jumping at the roofs reminded me the "Assassin's Creed" game series xD Maybe eventually there will be more air for thieving stuff, climbing or jumping into houses through the windows and stealing valuable things? Evading guards and servants? I might have confused at some point, but I think I read something like that in the development reports, or didn't I?
Nobody is truly free

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 08, 2014, 05:56:21 pm »

Enemies yielding suffers from the Skyrim Syndrome. Once you FINALLY get them to yield without either irreversibly breaking them or them ignoring you despite bleeding wounds, they do yield. Then once you turn around they went back into ATTACKATTACKATTACK mode.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 08, 2014, 05:57:25 pm »

Now, I have someone with me who is fine with me usurping the lord, but how exactly do I usurp him?
Beat him to death and the witnesses, too?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 08, 2014, 06:01:55 pm »

Now, I have someone with me who is fine with me usurping the lord, but how exactly do I usurp him?
Beat him to death and the witnesses, too?

You could actually just force him to flee the area. I gave a lord a stiff punch in the nose and he surrendered a hamlet to me.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 08, 2014, 06:10:36 pm »

I'm just going to kill him, the law-giver, and the child who is clearly insane, since he keeps trying to climb a wall.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 08, 2014, 06:12:52 pm »

So cool! Took me an hour to download but worth it.
I just died while climbing a volcano and for some reason it just seemed awesome.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 08, 2014, 06:23:24 pm »

I absolutely love how indifferent everyone is to random murder.  I walked into a room literally stuffed full of people and hacked someone down.  Only about a quarter of them turned hostile, most said things along the lines of "I am a bit angry" or "I have no feelings of rage" and one of them even appeared to join in and help me

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 08, 2014, 06:27:09 pm »

Apparently the fear and morale system causes everyone to freak out at the sight of a talking megabeast adventurer.

That's logical, mind you, but I can't play as bronze colossi anymore.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 08, 2014, 06:28:16 pm »

The funniest thing happened.
Killed a law-giver, lord, and my hammerman ally who saw the events, as well as three children who were witnesses (they died fast, don't worry).
Told an axeman underground that I killed the lord, some combat later, he's in my team without his axe and a hearthperson of mine.
I'm using a bronze maul.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 08, 2014, 06:30:52 pm »

Am I the only one who can't seem to use coins as currency?  I can trade them, but only as items instead of currency.   I want to make sure it's not related to modding in some way shape or form before going to the bug tracker to report it.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 08, 2014, 06:38:38 pm »

Am I the only one who can't seem to use coins as currency?  I can trade them, but only as items instead of currency.   I want to make sure it's not related to modding in some way shape or form before going to the bug tracker to report it.

IIRC you can only use them as currency in their civilization of origin, otherwise they're worth as much as the material they're made out of.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 08, 2014, 06:38:53 pm »

How do you twist weapons around in people/pull them out now?  I can't find anything on either the wrestling or striking menus, and moving towards enemies doesn't do it either.  I can only pull out weapons by moving away.

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 08, 2014, 06:43:33 pm »

Sleeping until dawn crashes the game

Did you happen to talk to god or ask about trade partners before sleeping? My only sleeping crash came after doing one of those things successfully (i.e. not immediately crashing during the conversation)
Yeah yeah yeah!

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 08, 2014, 06:45:06 pm »

Playing as an ape elf to test falling mechanics.
ALL THE INJURIES.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 52