Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 109440 times)

Zan Oltaridor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #150 on: July 08, 2014, 07:19:38 am »

This update is absolutely awesome!
The third day was relatively dry and many things happened. After leaving Bucklecreed Noloc and i ran into a groundhog. I killed it, delicious groundhog meat, aahhh. Noloc didnt seem really happy with it though, when we made a break to eat and drink i told him how i killed the groundhog in disturbing detail and he only said: "It was inevitable." as if he is so sad about it. Come on Noloc it was just a groundhog man! :D He does seem to have a nice elf killing aunt though. :D

And then we arrived at a dwarven hillock tavern and the first thing that happened upon entering it was a drunken dwarf throwing his fist into my face, causing me a broken nose. God this game, i had the best grin on my face seeing Noloc beating the dwarf up while the other dwarves were chatting, drinking, fighting and generally having a good time. Visit a hillock guys, you will like it :D
This thread is why I love dwarf fortress. We start at engravings of wagons and end up using necromancy to raise them from the dead, and were-wagons.
I jumped off a ramp in a cave and exploded.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 08, 2014, 08:12:38 am »

A weird hamlet sent me to some criminal's town so I was traveling there, went into a house and saw 2 humans and a goblin, I was shouting them hello and they were like IS THAT AN ATTACK?! and I don't know why but I began to open the goblins arteries with my sword and suddenly one of the humans started attacking me. Well, I was trying to block, but the game decided to crash. :3

Edit: Next try, this time as a human outsider. I spawned on a elven tree and I really couldn't find out how to get on the ground so I jumped. Seems like all my bones are broken. :|
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 08:19:55 am by rumpel »

The W axis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 08, 2014, 08:20:27 am »

Oh balls. Adventurer 40.1 was lost to a segfault at the end of the first day when I was putting him to sleep until dawn. I guess he was just looking for a place to crash. YEAAAAAAAAAHHH

Observation: You can climb a saguaro without getting stung to hell.
I killed several of them and it hasn't made a difference, I will try killing more to see if that fixes the problem

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 08, 2014, 08:41:17 am »

To those not in the know drop your shield and learn to dodge if you try to block the game will crash.

I recently spotted a suturer climbing the tavern so I immediately climbed up after him and threw him off. He climbed back up and we engaged in an epic duel.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 08, 2014, 08:45:24 am »

Silently assassinated the Lord in his sleep, and sneaked ran away to some random house in the town, and went to sleep. 9 hours later, and spoke to this gem setter a tile away. Apparently he's been replaced already because the Lord became a Lady, although I don't think he mentioned about the assassination, maybe because I'm an outsider? Anyway when I asked him about the trading partners of the town the game suddenly crashed. DAMN IT!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 08, 2014, 08:48:35 am »

Silently assassinated the Lord in his sleep, and sneaked ran away to some random house in the town, and went to sleep. 9 hours later, and spoke to this gem setter a tile away. Apparently he's been replaced already because the Lord became a Lady, although I don't think he mentioned about the assassination, maybe because I'm an outsider? Anyway when I asked him about the trading partners of the town the game suddenly crashed. DAMN IT!
Succession is instantaneous, you'll actually notice that when you strike down someone with a position their name changes from "lord" to "farmer" or some other profession because they were fired and replaced the instant they died.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 08, 2014, 08:51:14 am »

Killing innocent elves is a great feeling. The first one had my spear stuck in his neck until he gave in to the pain. The second lost a lot of his teeth after I punched him dozen times in his face while he was already laying on the floor. Also I dislike how they nag about my weapon and how complex their tree cities are.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 08, 2014, 08:54:40 am »

Elves are falling out their tree houses and dying while their friends cry out in horror and it's freaking hilarious.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 08, 2014, 08:57:47 am »

you can butcher sentients now and collect their skulls!
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

JonathanCR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 08, 2014, 08:57:59 am »

Can someone tell me what's a hearth person?

A Hirthman or Hearth Man was the Anglo-Saxon term for a noble warrior loyal to the local king. Think of the companions of Beowulf, or Eomer in Rohan, or the Knights of the Round Table but in an early medieval setting.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 08, 2014, 08:58:14 am »

Ahh I see. That's why he became a peasant. So on my second try, I successfully assassinated him again but this time I took action beforehand by claiming the site. It worked. I now control a town. YES. And that ruler won't be missed either, apparently someone said that this I'm in town was controlled by a criminal complex.

Kessadir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 08, 2014, 09:06:11 am »

Love the new reactions.

A child so cold and ruthless!

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 08, 2014, 09:08:46 am »

Damn is it difficult to find a shop. I searched the mountainhome and found nothing. I only want to sell my loot from the night creatures! Continuing on, I picked up a marksdwarf and headed down to the elves to see if I could trade there. Once again, nothing. I did however notice them brawling with a goblin. I figured I might chip in and fired off a bolt at him. Cue the elven horde coming out of the woodwork, punching and kicking. I pull back while my marksdwarf gets peppered and goodness knows what else. A few elven peasants follow me. I tried reasoning with them, but either they're drunk or idiots. So I pull out my copper dagger, strangle three elves and kill them with stabs to their heads. I think I still have the horde coming after me though.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Snukkems

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 08, 2014, 09:14:38 am »

I was told a man's son had been kidnapped and taken to a goblin fortress. So, I made my way there with a few recruits, and went to town. I went up two buildings, where lots of goblins were clustered on the roof. Mostly civilians. The slaughter was great. Start fighting and many of them cower in place, curled in the fetal position crying profusely.

I have found that the new "neck" body part is VERY vulnerable to slashing. Even when the blow can't land squarely, I can still usually cut the head off with a slash from my silver sword.

You don't cut off the head, though. Just the neck.  The part you pick up off the ground is the neck, the head is still...attached to the body.

Some how.

Although, I like throwing necks at people.

"The Spinning Ostrich neck hits the kolbold in the right hand, which explodes into gore!"

Yeah, take that you filthy kolbold.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 08, 2014, 09:26:18 am »

Am I the only person unable to claim a site? I keep having 'I've forgotten my bold pronouncement' message.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 52