Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 109289 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #750 on: July 21, 2014, 12:15:21 am »

fun fact about NIGHT_CREATURE_BOGEYMEN that was still there in the old release but was super limited on what you can do with it.

now you can run a civ that at night spawns naked men and women that run around trying to avoid the local bogeymen, then when the cackling ends it takes them out, and any non cackle spawn residents of the same race out.

I haven't tested if  an reaction that remove the tag would save them... but it's a try.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 21, 2014, 03:36:50 am »

oh wow it seems the areas underneath goblin towers can link to caverns i found a heap of peacefull trolls some with profesions they cant talk though that must be what was causing all that lag i was having

hm tower of slade link between worlds seems interesting
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:06:47 am by tuypo1 »
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 21, 2014, 06:53:58 am »

found another shadow freak - got headpunched through the helm again, those things are incredibly strong i guess :D
to be fair, this particular adventurer was already down to one functional limb, so it isnt too great a loss. that thing tanked the silver whip hit like its nothing though, damn pain immunity. I think i need some super powers to be able to take those on - can I expect to not get brained instantly if i have very high strength/toughness? armor doesnt seem to help

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 21, 2014, 02:46:17 pm »

found another shadow freak - got headpunched through the helm again, those things are incredibly strong i guess :D
to be fair, this particular adventurer was already down to one functional limb, so it isnt too great a loss. that thing tanked the silver whip hit like its nothing though, damn pain immunity. I think i need some super powers to be able to take those on - can I expect to not get brained instantly if i have very high strength/toughness? armor doesnt seem to help
no super powers just tackle them with a jump and use a Heavy Attack from behind.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 23, 2014, 01:15:52 am »

well thats interesting when the queen is married to another woman the other woman takes the title of princess rather then being a second queen which you would expect giving most sociatys have a king and queen not queen and prince

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #755 on: July 23, 2014, 03:07:37 am »

well thats interesting when the queen is married to another woman the other woman takes the title of princess rather then being a second queen which you would expect giving most sociatys have a king and queen not queen and prince

Actually, not in the real world?

The queen's spouse is usually a prince in european countries.
A king's spouse is still allowed to be called a queen. No clue why, but that is how it works.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 23, 2014, 03:14:26 am »

Actually, not in the real world?

The queen's spouse is usually a prince in european countries.
A king's spouse is still allowed to be called a queen. No clue why, but that is how it works.

interesting

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 23, 2014, 03:39:08 am »

its quite annoying that i cant perform multiple wrestling moves at once i want to chock 2 enemys at once i can think i no reason i would be unable to do that

its quite nice that chocking dosent take ages now though
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 03:43:00 am by tuypo1 »

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 23, 2014, 06:06:19 am »

i have made a realisation with the climbing feature i can climb down the inside of a volcano and hang above the lava

edit: oops i acidently climbed into the lava itself but i think i will survive
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 06:07:50 am by tuypo1 »

Burnup

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill until you can't, Then savescum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 24, 2014, 12:36:09 pm »

I was closing in on a bandit group that was taking shelter within a local tomb. This disgrace upon my ancestors would not go unpunished. I stealthily made my way through the twisting passageways, A trap! This is good, no amateur work here. A filled to the brim weapon trap. Would have killed me in one go. I tip toe around it and onwards.

*Ghasp*

So many bodies.. What has occured in this place?! It was then I saw it. The sarcophagus. My world seemed to slow to a crawl, The darkness consuming the frayed edges of my vision. It beckoned, goading me, demanding that it loved me. And Damn me if I didn't yearn to return that love! That seemless trust!

NO! I pull my mind back within myself and turn away closing my eyes. I. Must. Focus. I grit my teeth into a ghastly full face grin, opening my rejuvenated eyes once more. Those bandits must pay!

I make my way beyond the sarcophagus room, and up a high stairway. And there, within a room filled with pillars, I-

Combat Log of my surprise:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After the first unexpected attack, I recieved one choice (One tick). I chose to try to step back the way I came. This thing just kept on coming at me me as I stared in horror at the mush hanging off me that once was my right arm..

In Game Picture:

All in all, A (floating?) x+copper halberd+x boxed against me. I lost..
What does a halberd "strike" with?

Edit / P.S.: This update is absolutely awe striking  :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:40:26 pm by Burnup »
Just tell her that you were merely doing what the voices in your head were telling you to do.

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 25, 2014, 04:49:13 am »

in my latest game, my adventurer had a buddy, a dwarven necromancer. it was all fun and games for a while, the necro never actually raised anything, until we slew a troglodyte in his lair. He raised the troglodyte which then proceeded to kill us both. I tried to run, but there wasnt enough space to maneuver, and the thing was not exactly slow.

is it always like that right now, that raised undead have no loyalty towards their master? the troglodyte killed the necromancer first, right after being raised... I should go visit  tower on the next dventurer, that coul be fun.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 25, 2014, 05:52:36 am »

it seems that now that climbing has been added caves have been adjusted so you sometimes need to climb to get in and out of the caverns

Gindew

• Bay Watcher
  • kissykins.weebly.com
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #762 on: July 25, 2014, 07:22:02 am »

Dwarven Hillocks usually get raided by Bogeyman in the middle of the night, which is funny... but it disturbs my sleep. so i got slaughter them all.
------------Dwarf Fortress = Life ------------------
My Blog --> kissykins.weebly.com
YouTube --> youtube.com/user/redgindew
-------------------------------------------------------

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #763 on: July 25, 2014, 10:10:53 am »

it seems that now that climbing has been added caves have been adjusted so you sometimes need to climb to get in and out of the caverns

No, I remember that happening last version too... I fell in a cave and had to climb. but I couldn't climb, so I died.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 25, 2014, 10:18:40 am »

in my latest game, my adventurer had a buddy, a dwarven necromancer. it was all fun and games for a while, the necro never actually raised anything, until we slew a troglodyte in his lair. He raised the troglodyte which then proceeded to kill us both. I tried to run, but there wasnt enough space to maneuver, and the thing was not exactly slow.

is it always like that right now, that raised undead have no loyalty towards their master? the troglodyte killed the necromancer first, right after being raised... I should go visit  tower on the next dventurer, that coul be fun.

I feel like it's probably only because he was allied with you, so when the zombie became hostile to you, it became hostile to the necromancer, and thus lost its allegiance with its master.
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52