Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 109295 times)

elloo98

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #735 on: July 17, 2014, 04:07:01 pm »

I took over a keep but the tantrum spiral that ensued in the village were the guards used to live made me masacre an entire town. I had one vilager climb up on the roof after i had choped of both his arms, either that or i had a few to many beers in the tavern.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 17, 2014, 04:56:49 pm »

uh yeah when I exited the travel menu the game auto closed.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 17, 2014, 10:47:55 pm »

You must have died of old age while traveling.

That or hacked the game like you usually do.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 18, 2014, 12:37:06 pm »

You must have died of old age while traveling.

That or hacked the game like you usually do.
I was a bronze colossus. do bronze colossus die of old age?

edit: wait the crash was from something from that fortress entrance
finally got bogeymen out side of the cackling.

though I had to murder them all to get the extra frame where the game didn't remove the corpses to allow them to be reanimated.
this only proves that a vanilla necromancer has to be hella strong and really lucky to not pulp the corpse and also not have any corpse companions of their own to unlock undead bogeymen companions.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 02:31:49 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 19, 2014, 09:11:41 pm »

I find it amusing how animals can go extinct. so now you'd have to be a bit more careful with you hunt or it may never be seen again. :P (though its ok with me if giant desert scorpions go extinct)

well, that unicorn blood tasted delicious. will keep the meat for later...
now all the game lacks is some kind of crafting so i can make myself a unicorn skin hood and decorate my pants with the horn.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 20, 2014, 01:49:31 am »

So I wanted to take over the civilization (the Humorous Unions) but it only lets me claim the site (Raydie). I can't kill to claim the civ - the position hops to someone else in the line of succession.

Spoiler: long quote (click to show/hide)

Also people are rather stubborn in the face of heavily armed demigods.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 20, 2014, 03:15:26 am »

I find it amusing how animals can go extinct. so now you'd have to be a bit more careful with you hunt or it may never be seen again. :P (though its ok with me if giant desert scorpions go extinct)

now all the game lacks is some kind of crafting so i can make myself a unicorn skin hood and decorate my pants with the horn.
the game lack any kind of vanilla crafting. but there's wanderer's mod
"body swapping and YOU!"

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 20, 2014, 06:15:02 am »

the game lack any kind of vanilla crafting. but there's wanderer's mod

good tip, i'll check that out...the idea of making jewery out of the heads of my foes just seems really appealing :D

gotta say, this update made adventure mode feel so much more complete, its amazing.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 20, 2014, 09:06:06 am »

So I wanted to take over the civilization (the Humorous Unions) but it only lets me claim the site (Raydie). I can't kill to claim the civ - the position hops to someone else in the line of succession.

Spoiler: long quote (click to show/hide)

Also people are rather stubborn in the face of heavily armed demigods.
I eagerly await the day when you can hop into the next-in-the-line-of-succession and kill the king/queen to claim the throne for yourself.
._.

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 20, 2014, 11:25:40 am »

all fun and games until a "shadow freak wrestler" comes out of nowhere, spots me through the sneak instantly and punches my head into gore right through an iron helmet :D

are those things new? never seen that one before

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 20, 2014, 01:11:01 pm »

It's new for them to be wandering around.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 20, 2014, 06:34:39 pm »

hah, interesting - couldnt find the thing on the wiki, does it have some kind of detection or did i just get complacent with being invisible all the time? Sadly i never got a hit off to test how tough it is, might go back there with the next adventurer :D

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 20, 2014, 08:32:34 pm »

I think they can see through stealth. They do have natural levels in Observer, though the current range of that is unknown (in .34, it was good for a few tiles out. Might have changed, might have not). The only tokens I can find in world.sav that stand out to me are [NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER] and [NIGHT_CREATURE_BOGEYMAN], with [SUPERNATURAL] coming up a distant third. I don't think there's a specific token for [ADVENTURER_STEALTH:NOPE].

Is there bloodvision now? Toady provided a screenshot at one point probably last year, but I can't find it in the Creature Tokens wiki page or in the example interactions or the mosquito creature entries. Could be tested by creating a bloodless adventurer, I suppose.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 20, 2014, 08:40:05 pm »

I think they can see through stealth. They do have natural levels in Observer, though the current range of that is unknown (in .34, it was good for a few tiles out. Might have changed, might have not). The only tokens I can find in world.sav that stand out to me are [NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER] and [NIGHT_CREATURE_BOGEYMAN], with [SUPERNATURAL] coming up a distant third. I don't think there's a specific token for [ADVENTURER_STEALTH:NOPE].

Is there bloodvision now? Toady provided a screenshot at one point probably last year, but I can't find it in the Creature Tokens wiki page or in the example interactions or the mosquito creature entries. Could be tested by creating a bloodless adventurer, I suppose.

[CE_SENSE_CREATURE_CLASS:START:0:CLASS:GENERAL_POISON:15:4:0:1] is essentially STEALTH:NOPE as the creature can sense you through walls or other obstacles. This is the "blood vision".

hah, interesting - couldnt find the thing on the wiki,...

It is a procedurally-generated night creature, and the name is random from a list of possible words, so you have to look here:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Night_troll

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 21, 2014, 12:08:07 am »

i only just noticed that you can still get the locations of sites shown on your map if you ask for directions to them but because theres so many buttons to repeat the process now it can get a bit boring
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52