Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 109456 times)

Echostatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2014, 12:33:04 am »

My weapon keeps getting embedded, but I can't figure out how to twist it. ...Help?

On a positive note, my ally and myself have killed off some goblins harassing a hamlet. Yay us! Is it possible to capture enemies? It'd be cool to have these guys detained.

SHIFT+I then select your weapon, it should be red. Alternately just move towards the enemy your weapon is stuck in and the automatic attack should be to remove the weapon.

SHIFT+I is what I have been doing, which removes it without the twisting. Moving into the enemy just does an automatic attack, no twisting. Maybe it's a bug?

Gnomeknows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2014, 12:38:50 am »

"Spread the rumor of the Virgins of Holiness's presence in Tributesells."

Did I just spread the rumor of a newly opened brothel? 

Also, apparently Tributesells is in the Dunes of Swallowing, which isn't helping.
In fact, we should really say, that beards are born with babies.  Since beards are sentient it is quite possible they style themselves or even that they grow styled.
I'm totally convinced dwarven babies are born with beards. How those get braided, combed or shaved before birth is one of the arcane dwarven mysteries.

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2014, 12:48:39 am »

A group of goblins was picking harassing a small village so I took matters into my own hands

The result was rather satisfying
Unf.

QuillDipper

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2014, 12:59:10 am »

Started as a Hearthperson, my Lady is a goblin. Makes one wonder.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2014, 01:21:56 am »

Visited a tower it is full of non hostile human corpses.  After reading a few books inside it seems the necromancer is the mayor of a local community.

Huh.  I guess his key plans on dealing with the overflowing graveyards problem and increasing the military presence during the last election is going well.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2014, 01:38:32 am »

Fighting with some random animals, the auto-attack AI seems to be heavily favoring punching and other non-weapon attacks (scratching, kicking, biting) over stabbing/slashing with my sword, even though I have good sword skills and no skills in those other types of attack.  This may be because the sword gets stuck in and there doesn't seem to be an option to twist it out anymore; instead you just can't use the sword to attack until you manually [I]nteract with it to pull it out.  Alternately it may be because the combat hadn't escalated enough yet. Punching is brawling-level, right?  Well, I'm pretty sure I remember punching an ibex hard enough that it exploded, so I dunno.  Is that just the Superhuman Strength?

Also a little confused about how to follow directions I've been given to some bandit camp or another- that may be me just not knowing the new interface yet. 

Not only will random townsfolk (and your companions) chat with you on their own, they'll actually talk to each other sometimes.  Lots of combat chatter during the fighting, even when it was just hunting innocent One-Humped Camels. 

That particular adventurer came to an unceremonius end when he got encased in ice during swimming practice.  Some things never change.
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2014, 01:45:27 am »

I have been playing with the local children

aren't they addorable!!!

also... been training my peasant adventurer to be a boxer...

so i walked to the local castle to see what kind of ruler we have.... didn't find him, but i did find an iron throne...... pulled out my dagger, and a dagger i stole from the child and went game of thrones on the peasant and child who were inside..... didn't even get caught..... yet, although i do like that you can butcher sentients now, got a collection of skulls going

after that i offhandedly remarked that i was the new king.... wandered back into the fort and what do u know.... THE IRON THRONE IS MINE!!!! i retired him and we'll see if the game of thrones continues.... btw, if anyone starts a succession game about that, pm me, cuz i have rights!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 02:17:34 am by Megaman_zx »
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2014, 02:03:17 am »

I walked into a cloth shop and demanded that the store owner give me his pouch of gold, to which he said "Over my dead body!" After I choked the clothier unconscious in his shop and stole his coin pouch, I wandered into town where a Romeo-and-Juliet-style stabfest was occuring between the some of the goblins and humans in the market. Naturally, I joined in and stabbed a few dudes to death and looted their bodies.
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

TsiOriol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Survival game [In working]
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2014, 02:19:18 am »

While playing as a human I noticed that I could talk to the god My guy worshiped.  But it crashed the game.  Why can't I talk to the voices in my head!!!
Mongols: Hey guys, we are here now. We will just be over here doing our thing, and you can do whatever you all like.

Russian City-States: f you mongols

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2014, 02:45:10 am »

Started a large world, found that painfully slow, regenned with a pocket world.

Got a few companions, killed a forest titan who killed my village's Lord's son.  Became a hearthsman or whatever that's called.  Set off towards goblin territory to kill two night creatures who were in a lair.

Turned out the lair was surrounded by "Dark Goblin Pits".  "The strongest odor is cooked flesh."  I set out through the pits, halfheartedly sneaking, but... there were no goblins that I could see.  Did manage to parkour around a bit, the movement feels very satisfying compared to the previous version.  Companions are even derpier than usual, chatting to each other about all the various horrors that afflict our village while I'm following tracks and climbing around and being cautious and such.

Get to the lair to discover they aren't there, they're patrolling around.  Wait there, see them roaming the goblin pits from the fast travel map but can't cancel the wait.  Discover that anything to the north of the lair has horrible, horrible lag, decide to take a break.  Maybe there's something underground causing it all...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Lexyvil

• Bay Watcher
  • Serenading the folk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2014, 02:46:15 am »

While playing as a human I noticed that I could talk to the god My guy worshiped.  But it crashed the game.  Why can't I talk to the voices in my head!!!

I tried to greet my Deity, and that's exactly what happened to me too.

Apparently the gods of our adventurers don't like being greeted eh?
My post ends here.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2014, 02:46:43 am »

I never had so much fun while simply talking!

Perhaps, goblin snatchers would live another day while I'm occupied.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Lexyvil

• Bay Watcher
  • Serenading the folk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2014, 02:49:33 am »

I never had so much fun while simply talking!

Perhaps, goblin snatchers would live another day while I'm occupied.

I love all the new interactions!

All these changes so far already brings DF's adventure mode a big step closer into becoming the best roguelike game there ever was!
(Not that it already isn't~)
My post ends here.

Echostatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2014, 02:54:04 am »

I was told a man's son had been kidnapped and taken to a goblin fortress. So, I made my way there with a few recruits, and went to town. I went up two buildings, where lots of goblins were clustered on the roof. Mostly civilians. The slaughter was great. Start fighting and many of them cower in place, curled in the fetal position crying profusely.

I have found that the new "neck" body part is VERY vulnerable to slashing. Even when the blow can't land squarely, I can still usually cut the head off with a slash from my silver sword.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2014, 03:14:43 am »

I gouged out a lord's eyes and strangled him to death in order to gain control over a city. I wonder what one can do as a new leader?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 52