Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 109274 times)

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #570 on: July 11, 2014, 12:11:26 pm »

"Added the short wait button to the adventurer manual -- you can use , instead of . to wait for one instant"

Oh yes please.

Does "," do something different than "."?
If I Remember Correctly, "," Waits for 1 step while "." Waits for 10 steps.
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.02 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #571 on: July 11, 2014, 12:14:48 pm »

How exactly would you mod in adventurer crafting?
The framework is already in place and several mods exist that create additional adventurer reactions.

Gallahan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 11, 2014, 12:25:51 pm »

Encountered a necromancer and his zombie friend in a regular camp.
Spoiler: Or maybe not (click to show/hide)

Zombie was completely friendly. I'm sure this works on the same level as dem friendly night creatures. Still funny to witness, though.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 11, 2014, 12:44:41 pm »

I've been talking to people asking for some guidance. They say that there is a guy who is well-travelled in a tavern, or some such. How do I distinguish a Tavern from a regular House? Also, how would I use a guide?
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Samat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 11, 2014, 12:47:54 pm »

So i went on a quest to kill a vampire, after finding him (well he sprinted fast before i talked to him) and revealing him he began to fly (or climbing on the wall i'm not sure) but he didnt attack me (he killed five hundred person before so i'm sure it's not out of sympathy). So i hack away his limb and he finally dies.

Eager to announce the news to the villagers i rush into a house, shout my victory and a kid spat on me as if i killed his puppy. So i head to the local ruler to announce her the news and she spat on me. I asked here what caused trouble in town, she says that the vampire i just killed do so i ask here where he is and she says he's dead.

So do not kills vampires that lives in a community, everyone will hate you after that (even if they task you to kill him).

@Nidilap: You can ask anyone to join you to find someone (or a location) a guide appears to know more of them. I think you can hire anyone to guide you to the guide.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 11, 2014, 01:05:24 pm »

I've been talking to people asking for some guidance. They say that there is a guy who is well-travelled in a tavern, or some such. How do I distinguish a Tavern from a regular House? Also, how would I use a guide?

Taverns have the little Urn symbol out front (Elven Retreat symbol on the quest map.)

No idea how you actually use the guide beyond that. I just pump them for locations of night creatures and such.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 11, 2014, 01:07:13 pm »

It has a backwards P on it for a sign, and will be primarily inhabited by Drunks.

Convo-angulate by asking for the whereabouts of the person and getting a cardinal direction from townees\companions ("Check first at the Bridled Candy, a tavern to the East\West/South\North of here").  Ya best bet.
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 11, 2014, 02:40:16 pm »

You can ask them to lead you to a location, in the same way you can ask them to join your party (but its a different option).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 11, 2014, 02:45:45 pm »

In my latest game I created a dwarven Demigod adventurer and started out in a hillock near the border of some human civilization. After recruiting some drunks, I set off to the nearby human settlement, looking for a job.

When I reached the nearby town, I noticed that its streets were empty, despite not being full of abandoned buildings. I went to the keep and found two goblins, a priest and a thief. From the priest's off-hand remark I've found out that an insurrection was going on in the town. Soon, my companions went missing and I went to the keep's basement, only to find them fighting the goblin thief. I killed the thief, but one of my companions refused to go anywhere, apparently because of a glitch of some sort ("k" - Let us avoid this pointless fighting! - Never! - Let us avoid this pointless fighting! - Never!). I gathered my remaining followers and absconded, leaving the other one crouching over the goblin's vomit-smeared mangled corpse.

When I left the basement, I was immediately attacked by the priest, but I quickly killed him. After exiting the keep, I spotted a seemingly friendly human crossbowman walking down the street. I asked him to join me on my adventure. His response was rather peculiar - a silver bolt to the head. I died instantly.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 02:49:10 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

newjrmint21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 11, 2014, 02:49:42 pm »

Zombie was completely friendly. I'm sure this works on the same level as dem friendly night creatures. Still funny to witness, though.

you report that?
---------------------
started a new adventurer and took over a fortified town, apparently stopped an insurrection despite the fact that no one attacked or anything like that... later became a vampire and ruled my city in a vampire way. feeding on my residents, turning my hearthpeople into vampires, slaughtering anyone who dared speak out against me... or anyone who dared to spit at me and call me a murderer.
really loving ruling as a vampire lord. not loving the fact that i lost all of that because of save corruption when you retire an adventurer.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 11, 2014, 02:55:57 pm »

you report that?
---------------------
started a new adventurer and took over a fortified town, apparently stopped an insurrection despite the fact that no one attacked or anything like that... later became a vampire and ruled my city in a vampire way. feeding on my residents, turning my hearthpeople into vampires, slaughtering anyone who dared speak out against me... or anyone who dared to spit at me and call me a murderer.
really loving ruling as a vampire lord. not loving the fact that i lost all of that because of save corruption when you retire an adventurer.

How did you turn your hearthpeople into vampires?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 11, 2014, 03:07:00 pm »

you report that?
---------------------

We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Wilm0chimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 11, 2014, 03:16:29 pm »

Hnnnnnnnnnng. Crossbowmen are way OP. Of all my deaths so far, EVERY SINGLE ONE that was caused by another character, it was a crossbowman shooting me to death.

Im sure they are (more) broken than usual. I just died to an xbowman, and he was firing a bolt every single turn. Previous version there was at least a hefty delay between bolts. Now its like a machinegun.

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 11, 2014, 03:20:17 pm »

you report that?
---------------------

Def want to know this, I've got a vamp and a dope possy I want vamp'ified.
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 11, 2014, 03:50:59 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I dunno why they're perfectly okay with a perverse master of life and death chillin' with them. Maybe they're all too drunk to notice.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 52