Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 109235 times)

blazing glory

Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #465 on: July 10, 2014, 06:20:59 am »

My group of soldiers were torn apart by a band of goblins.

Kindly direct me to these goblins,all the ones I find are complete wusses who won't fight properly.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 10, 2014, 06:33:20 am »

Yeah, when I attack goblins at one of their sites they don't really fight back, but these guys were soldiers on patrol.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nachtprophet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 10, 2014, 07:16:22 am »

This version...
I began in a human fortress with a group of local leaders. The moment the game starts one of the lords screams and runs down the stairs into the catacombs. I realize that you spawn with drawn weapons so I put away my axe and follow him.

Downstairs I meet a goblin chieftain instead who tells me that the runaway lord was some evil vampire who took over the city.
He must have thought the revolution had started when I appeared.

Returning to the surface I talk with one of the other leaders and see in the dialogue options that the vampire ran into some random troglodytes and attacked them. She then tells me to go slay a troll in a distant valley.

On the way there I'm ambushed by an Olmman Blowgun Vampire and the game crashes.

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 10, 2014, 07:32:22 am »

I'm just going around instantly decapitating anything foolish enough to challenge my skilled swordsman(ship) and my iron two-handed sword.
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

XArgon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ATTACK_VERB:wink]
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 10, 2014, 07:57:55 am »

Just a short observation (of my own impressions) - suddenly, with this version, Adventure Mode began to seem MORE hardcore and complicated than fortress mode. :D

Gonna get used to it again... what with being unable to tell if someone is hostile to you or not until you get a bolt through your head. Which is realistic. :D (In the previous version it was just very, very predictable.)
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 10, 2014, 08:00:44 am »

Just a short observation (of my own impressions) - suddenly, with this version, Adventure Mode began to seem MORE hardcore and complicated than fortress mode. :D

Gonna get used to it again... what with being unable to tell if someone is hostile to you or not until you get a bolt through your head. Which is realistic. :D (In the previous version it was just very, very predictable.)

You can actually tell by looking at them if they're hostile and exactly how hostile they are.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 10, 2014, 08:13:27 am »

Non-lethal you say? Why keep punching me in the head while I'm unconscious! It will work out!
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 10, 2014, 08:47:06 am »

Non-lethal you say? Why keep punching me in the head while I'm unconscious! It will work out!

Yeah, I have been beaten to death a few times in "non"-lethal combat because of this too. It's hilarious, but also makes fighting back quite risky.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 10, 2014, 10:27:27 am »

My first Adventure as a Human started as me as a Hearthsman to a Lord of a Hamlet. I walk about the Hamlet, and decide to kill a guy or two. I slash a guy up, and he draws his knife to fight me. I cut off his slash arm, and decapitate him. I grab his corpse, and throw it into his house, and shout my victory,

"It is terrifying"

I yell again.

"It was inevitable"

I returned to the hearth (is that the name of the Lord Fort?) still a little lusty for power. So I told the ruler that I was in charge now. He said I must be stopped by any means, so I stabbed him. He ran away tail behind his legs, and I became the Lord.

Love Adventure mode so much.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

mineforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 10, 2014, 10:28:06 am »

So I killed the king and every other royal person in the room. Then I went to tell the king daughter that her father is dead, she said that was inevitable. Afterwards she became my hearth person.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 10:32:02 am by mineforce »
Who's born in the fortress, die in the fortress

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 10, 2014, 12:16:29 pm »

By the way, what is No-Quarter Combat?
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

kittyfluffins

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is, in a word, dusk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 10, 2014, 12:19:27 pm »

By the way, what is No-Quarter Combat?

A fight to the death. They won't yield.

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 10, 2014, 12:32:56 pm »

I am only six pages through this thread and I am laughing me ass harder than I ever have, even at a movie or TV show.

Gotta love DF's releases--glitchy as fuck and filled with people trying all sorts of dumb things.
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

XArgon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ATTACK_VERB:wink]
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 10, 2014, 12:41:22 pm »

You can actually tell by looking at them if they're hostile and exactly how hostile they are.
The first time I saw someone with the "Lethal" tag, it SEEMED he went after me... then, after running away from him for a while, I turned around and figured he was just running around in terror...

That moment is kinda shown in my picture in "Draw your adventures"... it's the Maceman running around, proclaiming the end of the world. :P (linked)
Welcome to the 40's

Then again, today I saw some terrified peasants who were displayed as my "Allies" after I slaughtered a raiding goblin before them. The other goblins didn't see it, so I just walked up to them and told them about it. They didn't attack me, surprisingly. One just ran away, seemingly crying.
Oh, and all my companions run away the moment they saw the goblins. Raiding their home village, nonetheless.
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 10, 2014, 01:00:44 pm »

Oh man.

I started an adventurer, travelled out, jumped off a tree, broke my foot, travelled back to a town, and then silently killed an unsuspecting person. Also your character appears to have no bad thoughts towards cannibalism as mine butchered and ate the person I killed with no qualms.
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 52