Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 109448 times)

sensei_shade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2014, 11:31:28 pm »

Just stumbled upon a gremlin in the caverns...it greeted me politely, and pleaded with me as I grabbed its throat. I ended up bashing its skull in, and at some point during that it started crying.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2014, 11:35:02 pm »

I've never played much adventure mode before now, but I figured with the update I should at least check out the new sites. I was not disappointed. I had some trouble getting used to climbing at the elf site, but the mountain halls were pretty impressive. There's a hill site a short ways to the south, maybe I'll get to murder something on the way there.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2014, 11:43:03 pm »

Started as a female dwarf in a fortress. After a ton of wandering, I found a large mineshaft that leads straight into a cave. Seeing how they added jumping, I decided to take a leap of faith.
Those poor dwarfs had to scrub the floors for days after that.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2014, 11:46:40 pm »

oh man might unlock goblins just to see how they play out.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
!
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2014, 11:48:31 pm »

Started an adventurer, wandered outside my house and immediately ran into the bandits that were harassing the town. The followed me around a bit and one of them punched me. We traded blows for a while, then I bit his toe. His friend immediately drew his bow and shot me, then the others hacked me to pieces with their axes. Thus ended the short life of Medi Stonepig.

Bite attacks initiate lethal combat! Good to know.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2014, 11:54:28 pm »

Animal people are quite chatty.

As I was training swimming in a murky pool a group of thrips men kept talking about some poor bastard they killed.

I guess they have literally nothing else to do.

EinsteinSatDown

• Bay Watcher
  • Return to the Corn Fields
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2014, 12:00:36 am »

Well, she's still alive.
After killing two emus, navigating a myriad social interactions and settling in for the night, everything looks good.

Thus far I've found no game-crashing bugs, though they'll appear I guess.

I enjoy the social interactions and the updated combat.
Will have to explore further.
Utterly epic.

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2014, 12:03:43 am »

Also, I talked to a "night creature" -- a "shadow woman wrestler" who claimed to be a soldier on an important mission and didn't care about me one way or the other. ...Is that... new? Normal? She was green, capital ~N and flashing if I recall correct. Definitely not something I've encountered before.
Forgot to mention an important detail: Guess how she reacted to being accused of being a night creature? Same way anyone who isn't one does: confusion, mild offense, no lasting impact. It's like she's not *really* a night creature on some level, even though she stopped my fast-travel.
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2014, 12:06:34 am »

Started as a Dracon guard and went out of the town into the wilds.

Came across an asterisk moving, once I ran into it I got ambushed by bandits.

The ambush pretty much consisted of one crossbowman firing at me as all of his buddies 'gracefully' failed climbing checks and tumbled out of trees horribly crippling themselves.  Unfortunately the crossbowman alone was enough to spell my end, but at least I decapitated one of the fools that fell out of a tree next to me.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Gnomeknows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2014, 12:14:33 am »

Liking everything so far, except the crashes, and the FB statue with this description:

This is a granite statue of a forgotten beast.  The item is a image of a forgotten beast in granite.
In fact, we should really say, that beards are born with babies.  Since beards are sentient it is quite possible they style themselves or even that they grow styled.
I'm totally convinced dwarven babies are born with beards. How those get braided, combed or shaved before birth is one of the arcane dwarven mysteries.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2014, 12:19:04 am »

So I genned another world that seems to have been overtaken by goblins. Humans are the only surviving civ against the goblin menace, and the goblins are at war with them.

Upon starting my adventure a fight breaks out in the castle. A couple non-hostile goblins scream about the horrible fighting while my human comrades help fight off the invading goblins. I get shot in the gut but help a pikeman fight the offending crossbowgoblin. It eventually bleeds out and I get credit for the kill.

The attacking goblins by this time have got outside the castle. I can't keep track of what's going on because I'm nauseous and my speed is terrible from all the retching. eventually the sounds of combat die off for a bit, and I talk with the friendly goblins who were standing around and watching the combat the whole time and commenting on the horror. They tell me about the marauding armies and bandit attacks going on between the humans and goblins.

Then something scares my goblin buddies and they run away, drawing aggro from the human soldiers and prompting them to kill these goblins. The entire time the humans were killing them the goblins were screaming about the battle and the horror and begging to be spared. No idea why hey were killed, they were neutral the entire time and sounded like they were a part of the human civ. Then another goblin attack comes out of nowhere and a goblin bowman shoots me and kills me.

That escalated really quickly.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Echostatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2014, 12:23:34 am »

My weapon keeps getting embedded, but I can't figure out how to twist it. ...Help?

On a positive note, my ally and myself have killed off some goblins harassing a hamlet. Yay us! Is it possible to capture enemies? It'd be cool to have these guys detained.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2014, 12:23:57 am »

Thus far I've found no game-crashing bugs, though they'll appear I guess.

Try talking to your god and introducing as good listener.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2014, 12:30:04 am »

My weapon keeps getting embedded, but I can't figure out how to twist it. ...Help?

On a positive note, my ally and myself have killed off some goblins harassing a hamlet. Yay us! Is it possible to capture enemies? It'd be cool to have these guys detained.

SHIFT+I then select your weapon, it should be red. Alternately just move towards the enemy your weapon is stuck in and the automatic attack should be to remove the weapon.

Zale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2014, 12:31:52 am »

Real reason for the god crashing is due to gods don't have a unit tied to the game for the player to talk to.
So in doing so the game just crashes trying to find someone to tie the conversation down. the solution I found in the deity thread was to stick the god into a new body when ever you want to talk to them.
though this kinda means any time you want to talk to a god you're kinda creating a new unit.

Interesting, can you direct me to this thread?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 52