Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 109679 times)

Echostatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #285 on: July 08, 2014, 09:57:08 pm »

I have been wandering around a dark fortress trying to find the goblin lady so I can kill her and take over. All I see are towers though, with civilians on top. So sort of central structure that would show me where she might be. I did find and behead an administrator. I'll just carry his head around as I keep searching.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 08, 2014, 10:09:20 pm »

Kids, man.

I think this is pretty much DF in a nutshell
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 08, 2014, 10:13:58 pm »

Loving the new sheathing. As someone who likes to play outsiders being able to strap my weapons to my body and free up my hands is awesome. I no longer need to leave meat behind to keep my weapons.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 08, 2014, 10:21:52 pm »

My game's been pretty stable so far, wrt fast travelling and sleeping. One annoying crash was when a random civilian had an iron boning knife that I wanted, but I didn't have enough trade goods on me to cover the cost (love that, btw. If an armed fighter has a weapon you fancy, you can just ask them nicely and give them something to pay for a new one). I demanded the knife, and was told "over my dead body!". So I punched them in the arm and demanded it again. The other inhabitants of the house started muttering about the robbery I'd just committed, but I didn't have the knife in my inventory. I tried again, and the game crashed. Lost a fair amount of progress.

My latest adventurer was greeted by fleeing goblins, who were being slaughtered by the dwarves in the fortress. Apparently I'm the chief medical dwarf of the place, so naturally my first instinct was to scoop up all the unwanted clothing and sell it back to the fortress in exchange for some armour. Then I dragged it around the wilderness for a bit while looking for people who had swag that was easier to carry than mine.

There were loads of goblin corpses at the bottom of that long shaft with the ramps around it. I don't know if the dwarves were pushing the goblins in, or if the goblins were climbing in to escape and then failing their Climb checks. Probably the latter.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 08, 2014, 10:42:34 pm »

I started a world where dorfs are at war with elves. I proceeded to the nearest elven settlement and killed about 20 of the tree huggers before they retaliated. Arrow to the heart and death by suffocation. Not bad.
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

adasdad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 08, 2014, 10:46:53 pm »

tackling elves out of trees is fun
There are no words to describe my state of euphoria right now...
euphoric?

Bartholomew The Pious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 08, 2014, 11:07:06 pm »

Man that's some lag, found reason for most lag in cities (like in human towns, some things never change)
I can't quote for squat, but this is very true. Credit to PTTG?? for this insightful comment.
~Haven & Hearth has always been a terrible game with great promise. That promise kind of faded away, and now it's mainly a way for a few dedicated scumbags to annoy the few new people who drift in.~

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 08, 2014, 11:12:39 pm »

This looks like a job for slayrace! Oh wait, DFhack hasn't updated yet. Oh well, guess we'll have to euthanize them the old fashioned way. The good news is we can get away with it as long as we leave no witnesses.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

DarezZerad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 08, 2014, 11:16:14 pm »

Bogeymen got difficult... I really do fear the night in this version. They're relentless, and so much more skilled than ever before.

calico103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 08, 2014, 11:20:07 pm »

I just announced to some guys that I was taking over their fort, and their responses were the usual "This must be stopped with all our blah blah blah..." along with some random guy who "[didn't] care one way or the other."

...Oh, and some other random guy who came up to me and said something along the lines of "Guess what just happened? Some lunatic announced they were gonna take over the fort!"
This is the bomb!

And it's set to go off in fifteen seconds...

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 08, 2014, 11:21:23 pm »

This looks like a job for slayrace! Oh wait, DFhack hasn't updated yet. Oh well, guess we'll have to euthanize them the old fashioned way. The good news is we can get away with it as long as we leave no witnesses.

I don't know I up and tried to force an armorer to give me the clothes of his back and then proceeded to kill him in full view of a trade depot full of civilian dwarfs. All they did was comment on how terrifying it was and after that I retired said adventurer in the same building. I didn't try reloading him though.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

Bartholomew The Pious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 08, 2014, 11:33:26 pm »

The good thing about health is, Insta-Non-Lethal-Healing abilities are still here!

And After
http://puu.sh/a3bgF/171cb0e4d9.png

Oops badlink! Y'all get the idea
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 11:52:02 pm by Bartholomew The Pious »
I can't quote for squat, but this is very true. Credit to PTTG?? for this insightful comment.
~Haven & Hearth has always been a terrible game with great promise. That promise kind of faded away, and now it's mainly a way for a few dedicated scumbags to annoy the few new people who drift in.~

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 08, 2014, 11:43:15 pm »

I heard there was a camp of bandits in a small isolated region, so I head out.  Don't find a camp, do find a single lasher claiming to be a Lieutenant for a person I don't know and on an important mission.  Given the surrounding geography it seems likely enough that reason is banditry, but I leave anyway.  They start following me around for long distances, so I kill them on the grounds that they are Too Suspicious To Live.

Then I get actually accurate directions to a bandit camp and go there instead.  I tell them about the bandit ("bandit"?) that I killed and they all start running away, hiding in trees or prone on the ground.  The Boss is a marksman who climbs one z level up a tree, which would have been bad except he was too scared to shoot me.  I walk under him and aim a precise stab above my head, decapitating him. Then I walk around individually slaughtering bandits; no one on either side helps anyone except at then end where my companions started beating an unconscious wrestler who I had already convinced to give up her coin purse.

My Crossbowman Buddy: "Death... so much death".  Buddy you haven't been in the soldiering business long, have you?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
« Reply #298 on: July 08, 2014, 11:45:31 pm »

Does anybody else have the problem of bandits in camps being indifferent to you?

Yes. On one occasion they fled as soon as they spotted me, babbling about horror. I'm trying not to take it personally. :'(

I crash when I shout to "everyone" when no one is actually around (if there really is no one around, I don't know).

Also happens to me, but only to characters with a God. If you pick an outsider with no God, the "everyone" shout doesn't cause a crash. I'm guessing that you automatically shout to your God if nobody is around, causing the known God-talk crash.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 11:53:23 pm by mikefictiti0us »

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 08, 2014, 11:50:44 pm »

It seems that my companions turned "no quarter" to me when I attacked the indifferent chieftain of a bandit camp. Huh.

Then when I tried to block an attack of one of my ex-allies, my game crashed. Welp.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 52