Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 109673 times)

JohnieRWilkins

• Bay Watcher
  • @_@?
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #270 on: July 08, 2014, 08:12:05 pm »

I killed a lord and lady, retired as a lord, unretired and now the game crashes whenever I leave the site. Can't even unite the humans under my rule.
- But honestly, if you think
If we could miniaturize things, we would have everybody wielding drawbridges and utterly atomizing

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 08, 2014, 08:17:27 pm »

Quick question, how do you spit on people?
It's in the x menu under natural abilities or something like that.  Same place where dragonbreath and stuff like that is accessed.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Walrusking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 08, 2014, 08:28:12 pm »

I'm glad it's finally dropping me off in a city instead of leaving me to search for a town. For some reason though, it looks like everyone else in the town is a child.
Now I'm seeing my adventurer's deity all over the marketplace and I can only speak to my deity. Like other people, it's causing my game to crash as well.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 08:47:19 pm by Walrusking »

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 08, 2014, 08:44:00 pm »

I keep crashing every time I try fast traveling. If I go anywhere near a settlement, it's over. Guess I'll have to do it the slow way.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 08, 2014, 08:54:43 pm »

Blocking seems to crash for me every time, sounds like this is for everyone.

But I hear people talking about companions, which haven't been working for me...at all. They agree to follow me, then continue going in whatever direction they were already travelling. They only follow me on the travel map, but that crashes every time. I can only tell them to leave my party until I'm alone again. Then there's no more crashing.

Is there a trick to avoid this bug?

Lexyvil

• Bay Watcher
  • Serenading the folk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 08, 2014, 08:56:53 pm »

I crash when I shout to "everyone" when no one is actually around (if there really is no one around, I don't know).

It's interesting how you can ask for the whereabouts of people you're looking for until it all leads to your target. I'm trying to rescue a human from a kidnapping.
My post ends here.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 08, 2014, 09:03:15 pm »

I crash when I shout to "everyone" when no one is actually around (if there really is no one around, I don't know).

It's interesting how you can ask for the whereabouts of people you're looking for until it all leads to your target. I'm trying to rescue a human from a kidnapping.

Happened to me too. I guess 'everybody' includes whatever god your character worships, and trying to talk to them has been crashing the game since 2012. If there's nobody else around to pick up the phone, it defaults to the deity and down goes DF.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 08, 2014, 09:04:30 pm »

I'm glad it's finally dropping me off in a city instead of leaving me to search for a town. For some reason though, it looks like everyone else in the town is a child.
Now I'm seeing my adventurer's deity all over the marketplace and I can only speak to my deity. Like other people, it's causing my game to crash as well.

When you try to talk to someone are you selecting them with the cursor?

As a stopgap if you play as an outsider you have no god and can't accidentally talk to them.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 08, 2014, 09:09:13 pm »

Yeah, asking for directions to a specific person reminds me of Elder Scrolls Arena and Daggerfall. Maybe could use a little more polish here, but definitely cool.

Just got shot in the head by a bolt, chipping my skull and making me give in to pain. My first bandit camp in this version, and the leader just HAD to be a x-bowman. Lots of wrestlers too afraid to fight though. Makes sense when they see my two handed sword, and me bragging about slaying a vampire.

EDIT: Tried to start a new adventurer. DF crashes every damn time on the second day of that horrible calendar screen. Sucks when it takes my laptop a full hour to get through that to begin with.
Already new world time :(
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:14:09 pm by yougiedeggs »

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 08, 2014, 09:29:36 pm »

I keep crashing every time I try fast traveling. If I go anywhere near a settlement, it's over. Guess I'll have to do it the slow way.

I have been having a similar issue, which crops up especially near settlements as well.  I really hope it gets fixed.

Actually the longer I play, the more crashes I get in increasingly random situations.  I can't really adventure that much.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 08, 2014, 09:31:41 pm »

The new update is unplayably hilarious.

We need to get the Draw your Adventures classics down before it stabilizes.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Half-assassin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 08, 2014, 09:46:48 pm »

I had a nice first adventure.  I made a dwarf.  I was apparently a guard for the fortress, who set out on adventure but forgot what he was doing in the excitement (sounds familiar) So I rushed out and met up with a farmer I apparently knew.  After browsing the conversation menus, I asked about the leader, whom he didn't know much about, and accidentally asked him to help me kill him.  So then I tried to find the exit (my new friend would tell me where the nearest satanic rituals were taking place whilst traveling) when I happened upon a meeting hall.  The meeting hall was filled with mostly dwarves, seconded by goblins, and had a couple of humans in it.  We were eaves dropping on the local conversation when suddenly a goblin butcher shouted that he was being attacked.  After about 5 minutes of everyone rushing towards the commotion spreading rumors about it, and me struggling like mad to crawl out through the mass of bodies, apparently another goblin shoved the attacker back so hard he exploded onto the ground.  The attacker was a human.  After promptly leaving, (and nabbing a couple of Plump Helmets, apparently it's first come first serve in dwarven society) and getting licked by multiple cats, my game crashed.  This is the most beautiful thing I think I've ever experienced.  :D

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 08, 2014, 09:47:42 pm »

Uh, my group is being followed by a group of goblin soldiers, but when ever I stop to talk to them they kindly tell me they're on an important mission and wait for me to fast travel again.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 08, 2014, 09:53:44 pm »

I found out that if the bandits that ambush you come from a race that can fly the bandits will spawn in the air.  Which is really neat.

But it turns out that these bandit groups are often mixed race.  And it only seems to care only about the leader's ability to fly when placing bandits in the sky.   What I used to think was bandits hiding in trees and failing climb checks turns out to be non-flier bandits spawning in low orbit and exploding on impact.

As a bonus it panics the bandits that did live to see their buddies exploding into soup all around them.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 08, 2014, 09:54:54 pm »

HAH! I led the goblins into a human fortress where they got butchered the the lady's hearth people. Taught them to follow me around.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:59:34 pm by ClorrProdigal »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 52