Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 52

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND! (Adventure Mode)  (Read 109287 times)

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 (Adventure Mode)
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 09:59:50 pm »

I went to go kill a vampire but I couldn't find it in the house everyone said it was in. It seems like finding monsters and stuff to fight will be more complicated in this version, but I'll probably get used to it. Also, I like the new dialogue system.

Even if they are not in the home look for flashing characters around the village.
Vampires should be legendary persons.
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 10:01:44 pm »

Combat is tits!

I just killed 5 wolves at once with the multi-attack system :D

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 10:02:19 pm »

Try talkng to god, it cashed the game for me.
Combat seems to me much easyer as the AI now gives up and is less crazy.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2014, 10:05:21 pm »

Just found an iron battle axe embedded in a coffee tree trunk in an elven site. Can't move into the tile to get it; the tree grew up around it, I guess? There's misc. human-sized armor scattered around.

Multi-tile trees are a sight to see.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2014, 10:15:05 pm »

Every time I have tried to play adventurer mode, I was able to walk around for a little bit, find some people, talk a bit, and then the game crashed.  Admittedly, every time was me playing as a dwarf, so I don't know if that might have something to do with it.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Balisong

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2014, 10:17:04 pm »

Finally got an adventurer up, found myself in a keep. Started chatting with a nearby swordsdwarf talking about the weather, and out of the blue, he told me to go kill a titan. I like this guy, maybe I'll take him with me.

Edit: went to a nearby hamlet, and got robbed. Stole my sword, they did. i followed them, but didn't see the sword on any of them. But one of the robbers had tears in her eyes. Feeling my Average Empathy take over, i offered to adventure with her. She heartily accepted, despite stealing from me moments earlier. I love this version already.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 10:58:25 pm by Balisong »
"Urist, quick, grab your ax! There's a troll rampaging through the decimal conversion chambers!"

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2014, 10:18:30 pm »

Every time I have tried to play adventurer mode, I was able to walk around for a little bit, find some people, talk a bit, and then the game crashed.  Admittedly, every time was me playing as a dwarf, so I don't know if that might have something to do with it.
I'm a human adventurer and haven't experienced a crash yet.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2014, 10:19:47 pm »

I talked to a guy, demanded his money, grabbed his throat, asked for his money again, then tried to block his attack, and guess what? Crash. This crashes a lot, as expected.
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2014, 10:21:25 pm »

I told a lord about all the murders I committed and he kept referring to them as inevitable. After we had a nice report going I asked to be made a "hearth person" and he joyously accepted. I think I just went on a job interview to be a knight.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2014, 10:22:00 pm »

Is it just me, or does it take longer to move one square on the travel map than it did in DF 2012?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2014, 10:22:55 pm »

Real reason for the god crashing is due to gods don't have a unit tied to the game for the player to talk to.
So in doing so the game just crashes trying to find someone to tie the conversation down. the solution I found in the deity thread was to stick the god into a new body when ever you want to talk to them.
though this kinda means any time you want to talk to a god you're kinda creating a new unit.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2014, 10:24:31 pm »

Is it just me, or does it take longer to move one square on the travel map than it did in DF 2012?
Probably has to do with the movement retool. You no longer go around at max speed. Your walking speed is 1.000 and can be raised or lowered depending on how fast you're going.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2014, 10:27:41 pm »

I've tried "asking about trade partners" twice so far, first time crashed the adventurer I had just started and I lost all progress. Second time I saved before hand, then tried it. Crashed again. May be there's an issue with my procedurally generated civ or the mountain hall I'm at or whatever.

Anyone else getting this issue?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2014, 10:28:26 pm »

Probably has to do with the movement retool. You no longer go around at max speed. Your walking speed is 1.000 and can be raised or lowered depending on how fast you're going.

And how would one go about upping that speed?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2014, 10:30:14 pm »

And how would one go about upping that speed?
Doesn't appear to be possible on the map but you can sprint or run at ground level.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 52