Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND!  (Read 112757 times)

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND!
« Reply #510 on: July 13, 2014, 11:26:29 pm »

Ok, given that it grew next to a structure may be the key, I'll test that and see what happens.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 13, 2014, 11:33:51 pm »

Untested to see if they grow or not, but adding [OUTDOOR_ORCHARDS] to the mountain entity has borne strange fruit.

I am going to see if they are plantable.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 13, 2014, 11:42:27 pm »

New does not make it strange. Strange does make it new.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 13, 2014, 11:43:18 pm »

The strange fruit, being TREE SEEDS.

Sadly, they do not appear to be plantable.

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 14, 2014, 12:36:23 am »

Just genned a new world, if you leave humans alone they get huge! If you don't leave humans alone... Kobolds took a level in badass, first they conquered a Dark Fortress and now an ENTIRE HUMAN CIV. Oh and a couple of hillocks too.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 14, 2014, 12:38:30 am »

Just genned a new world, if you leave humans alone they get huge! If you don't leave humans alone... Kobolds took a level in badass, first they conquered a Dark Fortress and now an ENTIRE HUMAN CIV. Oh and a couple of hillocks too.

I, for one, welcome our new cutebold overlords.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 14, 2014, 12:45:07 am »

And there are only 600 of them, against tens and hundreds of thousands of humans and dwarves.

EDIT: There is also at least one Kobold necromancer running around.

It is terrifying.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 12:49:15 am by Awessum Possum »
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #517 on: July 14, 2014, 12:59:45 am »

Okay I have a video for 0.40.03 up now.  I am sad that the saves broke again but glad it happened this early. I would much rather Toady get the save breakers out of the way all at once rather then having a world for a couple updates and then have it break sometime down the line.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 14, 2014, 01:08:54 am »

Hmm... The goblins on the mainland seem to have all suffered from a series of Unfortunate accidents. I might have to embark on the evil island where the only goblin civ is. Or do battle with the 'bolds.

(Fun fact, the kobolds who conquered all those cities seem to be refugees driven from their island by a war of extermination led by a vampire tyrant. Did I mention this game is awesome?

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 14, 2014, 01:19:56 am »

Now that I know that dwarves and such are no longer a Kinsey 0 by default, I'm waiting for a stable, somewhat more optimized release so I can make a proper fortress and treasure each and every same-gender relationship that happens in it. (If I'm reading the default ORIENTATION numbers right, sentients are bisexual with a preference for the opposite sex.)

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Burmalay

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry for my English
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 14, 2014, 06:03:33 am »

I just generated the large world with 400y history. It freeze after 500 +- 10y, so...
Civilizations, Sites, Beasts, Savagery, Minerals - very high.
Here the world if you need - http://www.speedyshare.com/Kdw4h/region2.rar
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Legends - http://www.speedyshare.com/8F2ts/2.rar
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 06:58:52 am by Burmalay »

Gukag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 14, 2014, 07:46:26 am »

I will treat my gay dwarves, should they ever do anything interesting enough to actually make me read their profiles and even notice they're gay in the first place, the same I treat all my other dwarves. As expendable workforce and military grunts.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 14, 2014, 10:33:09 am »

The bug whereby an entire stack of bones is consumed (instead of just one bone) when a dwarf "Decorates With bone" is still present in 40.03.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 14, 2014, 10:57:58 am »

The bug whereby an entire stack of bones is consumed (instead of just one bone) when a dwarf "Decorates With bone" is still present in 40.03.

Yup.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Bartholomew The Pious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.02
« Reply #524 on: July 14, 2014, 11:26:46 am »

The dwarves should believe in their leader. If the commander of their squad happens to be battle-scarred, great with his or her weapon, and has a bunch of kills under his or her belt, the subordinates should be much less likely to flee.

I am beginning to suspect this is how it works.  Not because of the commander's kill list, or scars, but her Leadership skill.  Discipline and Leadership are both being trained in my military dwarves, but we need more time and playtesting to see what they actually do.

===========================================

One of my sparring dwarves just threw her sparring partner, using a wrestling move.  (Threw him by grabbing a toe, as it happens.)  What makes this unusual is that both dwarves have weapons.  Previously, sparring between dwarves that had weapons only used those weapons, and never involved any throws.  This in turn meant sparring between unarmed dwarves could become fatal (thrown, lands on head), but giving them weapons made it 100% safe.

Weapon sparring is no longer 100% safe.  Get those helms on!  BURN ALL THE CAPS, FOREVER!
This kind of thing, damn, makes me wish I can edit out Caps from Fortress Fashion forever! By default I mean. Heck I could raise a petition for Toady to make a minor change leaving Caps out of Dwarfy business and instead replace it with assorted 'llama wool mail shirts and breasplates!" Now those are hip.
I can't quote for squat, but this is very true. Credit to PTTG?? for this insightful comment.
~Haven & Hearth has always been a terrible game with great promise. That promise kind of faded away, and now it's mainly a way for a few dedicated scumbags to annoy the few new people who drift in.~
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44