Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44

Author Topic: First Impressions .40.01 AND BEYOND!  (Read 112784 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Re: First Impressions .40.02
« Reply #450 on: July 12, 2014, 06:19:06 pm »

I was about to say "Since when could Crundles fly." and than i remembered climbing.

Hooray, I've been sigg'ed!

Someone else--might have been you--mentioned meeting areas as a way  to cut down on climbing trees.  I'll try it and see what happens.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
Re: First Impressions .40.01
« Reply #451 on: July 12, 2014, 06:27:28 pm »

I like what they have done with hunting: I had no hunters, starting out with. Took me a while to get settled in, and in my haste, I forgot to make a farm. So I recruited my Wood Burner to become a hunter.

A herd of elephants were nearby, and we had tons of arrows. Instead of sneaking up on them like the last version, she SPRINTS AT FULL SPEED at them, and shooting wildly. She managed to hit one, and then she shot it full of arrows until she was out of them, and returned to the fort.

The elephant bled to death shortly after, but now she won't go and return the kill. Nor, will my butcher go and clean the animal. It also shows up as "missing" in the Dead/Missing Tab, even though she's walked over there twice for some strange reason, but still reported as "missing."

Make sure you have a refuse pile and your dwarves are ordered to pick up refuse outside.

I did, but it doesn't matter now since that was before the update haha. Thanks for the pointer, though.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 12, 2014, 06:41:33 pm »

Alright, two things:

First, is it at all possible to update the saves from 0.40.01 to work with 0.40.02? I haven’t been using autosave.

Secondly, has the range of necromancer towers been extended indefinitely? In 0.34.11, it was about 10 tiles or so. However, I have a medium world with some towers in one corner of the world, and when trying to site a fortress, it seems there aren’t any places out of range, they still show up in the entities list.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 12, 2014, 06:43:21 pm »

My dwarves have axes, but had them from the beginning, but they are all wrestlers now. When that recruit came into the squad and wrestled that emu long enought to become a competent wrestler, they all startet wrestling. Now they are legendary fighters, at least one is legendary in discipline, and observer seems to be the skill that is the 3rd highest. wrestling is around accomplished, while axe is around talented-proficient.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 12, 2014, 06:43:54 pm »

This is old behavior.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5958

No, no.  That "bug" was for unarmed dwarves.  Wrestlers.  They had no weapons.

My dwarves have weapons.  But they still use wrestling moves (and punches, etc.) while sparring.  This is new behavior.  I'm just warning people.
I had this too. in 40.01 my speardwarves decided to punch things instead of stabbing. I'm sure this is in 40.02 too.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 12, 2014, 07:03:53 pm »

Unretired a fort. The dwarves assigned a hammerer in my absence. They also lost track of some ownership - they disowned some clothes and my expedition leader doesn't think he has an office anymore even though it's still assigned to him. Freeing and reassigning solved that. Surprisingly, workshop profiles are still intact. Farm plots lose all their growing tiles I think. Some serious science is warranted for what is remembered and forgotten.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 12, 2014, 09:50:19 pm »

My dwarves have axes, but had them from the beginning, but they are all wrestlers now.

Yup, same here.  Mix of spears and axes, but now all three of my mil dwarves are Wrestlers.  My militia commander has her -steel spear- "Strapped to Upper Body", and is doing an Individual weapon drill.  Same for Endok with his axe, doing an Individual weapon drill with the axe Strapped to Upper Body.  Only Tulon has her spear in her hand.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 12, 2014, 09:51:27 pm »

doubtful but I wonder if this is intended in some way?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 12, 2014, 10:02:16 pm »

I fail to see the problem with wrestler-weapondwarves. They'll still use thier weapons and shields, just now punches and grapples are slightly more likely, including grapples with thier weapons. I'm personally glad the wrestler skill raises at a competitive rate to other skills now. Once tried to train some wrestlers and in four years of straight training they were only around proficient compared to the dozen weapon masters I had.

JoeJoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 12, 2014, 10:04:20 pm »

My dwarves have axes, but had them from the beginning, but they are all wrestlers now.

Yup, same here.  Mix of spears and axes, but now all three of my mil dwarves are Wrestlers.  My militia commander has her -steel spear- "Strapped to Upper Body", and is doing an Individual weapon drill.  Same for Endok with his axe, doing an Individual weapon drill with the axe Strapped to Upper Body.  Only Tulon has her spear in her hand.

Hmm, maybe it's because the dwarves climbed somewhere and had to put away their weapons and they never bothered to take the weapons back into their hands.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 12, 2014, 10:04:33 pm »

I don't mind it either since it comes into play especially if they lose a weapon for some reason...but it would be nice if striker and kicker trained as well...or better yet you could choose what to train for a squad >.>

My only issue with wrestling is the issue where they grab and let go until they grab something they can actually break...then they are pretty badass

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 12, 2014, 10:09:02 pm »

Or grab their squad leader's ear where they proceed to hurl them across the floor, breaking their arm. :P

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 12, 2014, 11:06:07 pm »

Interacial marrige is a thing now; an elf married a human.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 13, 2014, 12:14:01 am »

Is brewing still broken?
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 13, 2014, 12:48:25 am »

Is brewing still broken?

Don't think so. Seemed like it wasn't working for me but I actually just needed more pots to store drinks in.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44