Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 327450 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3060 on: July 31, 2015, 11:46:50 am »

[POWER]
Is that still in use? Doesn't seem to appear anywhere in vanilla anymore.
I'm pretty sure it disappeared from vanilla a long time ago while still working. I'm also pretty certain it still works, but it has become rarer for powers to take over civilizations. Also, there's a bug where the power is attacked by adventurers if it's a megabeast (night creature powers aren't).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: July 31, 2015, 12:19:32 pm »

What is unrealistic about an adventurer trying to unseat a false god that has subjugated a nation?

"Ardra is coming..."
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: August 02, 2015, 05:48:51 am »

Apart from the inconsistency I mentioned, they're not doing so because they're trying to depose false gods, but because they're hunting creatures, and the RNG chose one that happens to be the law-giver. If it were consistent between creature types, and the adventurers did attack them out of a belief that they are false gods, then it would be another story.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: August 02, 2015, 10:22:28 pm »

Has anyone tried to mod Driftwood?
The silver is responsible for this How?

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: August 02, 2015, 10:25:25 pm »

I don't think that's possible, unfortunately.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: August 03, 2015, 03:56:08 am »

I thought it turned up on beaches, but was useles??

A creature might do. That threw itself towards players/land, then drowned in the open, leaveing a wooden corpse.
One wheel short of a wagon

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: August 03, 2015, 02:14:01 pm »

so with the rise of animals forming armies and what now, has anyone made an Interaction that gifts dogs the ability to talk?
like an adventurer's interaction spell that allows players to tame animals in the wild by just talking them down from hostilities?

For some reason in the entity files, PLAYER_FORTRESS is a functional site tag but no one uses them, not even Dwarves. Can setting the Goblins to only have a preference for player fortresses aid with the Siege drought in 40.24? 

setting [LIKES_SITE:PLAYER_FORTRESS] and removing all other preferences, even tolerance for an Entity's own default site, got me *a* siege in 40.24 at least. I don't know if that was just astronomical odds that I happened to get my only siege in six RL months with 40.24 while using those modded raws or not. Could never get it to happen again, but I haven't been playing DF much since then.

Some independent testing would be nice to have, I'd like to know if I'm going crazy or not. :P
that's might because dwarves have 2 sites for adventure mode one is a mountainhome and another is an entrance to the caverns and mountainhomes.
that and mountainhomes are deep underground away from the surface so armies don't really get a chance to Raid them unless they hit the entrance which is why you end up finding loads of ruin fortress entrances but not alot of ruin mountainhomes less a forgotten beast in the caverns attacked one.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: August 03, 2015, 03:45:57 pm »

Hello, I have a few questions. I just posted my first mod on the forums/dffd, and I have made this cute 'lil creature, the Wolpertinger. Right now it's body is mostly a jackrabbits, but I'd like to give it wings and a bird's rear end. Kind of like a hippogryff but front end rabbit, back end bird, with wings instead of horse bird. currently im using:

[BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES_FQ_REG:4TOES_RQ_REG:MOUTH:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE:2HEAD_ANTLER]

Is there a body with 4LEGS and 2WINGS, or 2ARMS,2LEGS,2WINGS, or can i just add 2 wings to this string like I did with 2HEAD_ANTLER and expect the wings to be in the right place?

My next question has to do with feathers/hair, can I do half feathered, half haired? would I do that by simply

[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:HAIR:HAIR_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:FEATHER:FEATHER_TEMPLATE]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:LOWERBODY:SKIN]
      [REMOVE_MATERIAL:HAIR]
      [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FEATHER:FEATHER_TEMPLATE]

That seems too easy somehow..

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: August 03, 2015, 03:53:31 pm »

The [BODY:x] tag looks for body parts within the body file and adds ones that match the arguments given in the tag, so just slapping in 2WINGS should be fine. Just be careful of the order that you put the body arguments in, as they are added to the creature in the same order as the arguments the tag has. To explain, if a [BODY] tag had a part come before another part that the first part relies on, such as a hand being defined before an arm, then the hand would not be able to be attached as the arm does not yet exist for it to attach to.

Also, REMOVE_MATERIAL removes the material from the creature completely. You would either have to add the feathers/hair to each body part manually, or you would have to create a new body detail plan that does that.

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: August 03, 2015, 04:45:28 pm »

I thought it turned up on beaches, but was useles??

A creature might do. That threw itself towards players/land, then drowned in the open, leaveing a wooden corpse.

It does, and is, unfortunately. Seems like one should be able to collect it, but I've yet to see any mod making use of it. I don't see it at all in the raws.
The silver is responsible for this How?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: August 03, 2015, 04:52:31 pm »

because you can't make a mod making use of it and it isn't in the raws

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: August 03, 2015, 06:13:01 pm »

The [BODY:x] tag looks for body parts within the body file and adds ones that match the arguments given in the tag, so just slapping in 2WINGS should be fine. Just be careful of the order that you put the body arguments in, as they are added to the creature in the same order as the arguments the tag has. To explain, if a [BODY] tag had a part come before another part that the first part relies on, such as a hand being defined before an arm, then the hand would not be able to be attached as the arm does not yet exist for it to attach to.

Also, REMOVE_MATERIAL removes the material from the creature completely. You would either have to add the feathers/hair to each body part manually, or you would have to create a new body detail plan that does that.

Okay, thanks for this, now I got some things to work out.

NebulaWalker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: August 04, 2015, 03:42:36 am »

Hoping someone can answer my question. I'm having trouble getting a creature I made to drop a specific item when butchered. I've tried using the EXTRA_BUTCHERING_OBJECT token and I can get it to make some items but not the one I made. (Granted I have no idea if I even made the item correctly, I'm pretty new to this and have never tried making items). The idea is that it would drop an item (its claw) made of bronze that I could melt into a bronze bar. Any help would be fantastic.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: August 04, 2015, 07:02:50 am »

Okay, so I know this is for v40, but in doing a backwards patch of my mod, I've run into a hiccup with three entities, and I dunno what could be preventing them from spawning in 34.11. So I have the creatures and entities below. I've addressed everything in the errorlogs left over from v40, so I'm stumped. Posting the two I'm more concerned about, since it may just be lack of mountains to live in for the rival dorfs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: August 04, 2015, 07:17:31 am »

You are missing [ENTITY:BEAST] for your beast entity, and [CREATURE:NUAKAN] for your nuakand entity.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 247