Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 327155 times)

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2865 on: June 24, 2015, 12:25:07 pm »

Venom injection has been around for a long time. And I'm pretty sure using the vampire infection example you could make a creature turn into another on injection.

I mean more being able to harvest and inject a venom or a poison. I had a better idea of just making it a reaction that produces something that boils and does it like that, though.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: June 24, 2015, 01:14:51 pm »

Does anyone know if it's possible to spawn creatures from thin air?
It can be done by DFhack script in 34.11 and earlier. In newer versions it doesn't work.
I mean more being able to harvest and inject a venom or a poison.
Well, this part stays the same, as I know. You can mod a reaction that creates a pool of venom. If you put weapons/ammo on the tile where it should appear, they'll get covered, I guess. If venom is [SYN_INJECTED] then, I suppose, it will work once the weapon/ammo touches blood.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 01:28:27 pm by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Usul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: June 24, 2015, 01:36:39 pm »

It can be done by DFhack script in 34.11 and earlier. In newer versions it doesn't work.

spawn-unit works for the current version...

jason0320

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: June 24, 2015, 07:15:25 pm »

If an enemy use a spawn-unit interaction, what will the spawned creature be, friend or enemy?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: June 24, 2015, 07:18:10 pm »

spawn-unit is a DFHack script, not interaction, and whether or not it is an enemy or ally is... actually in basic spawn-unit I think it's just "generic wild animal or civ memeber" at the moment, I always manually set them up to be invaders if necessary (since invasions are the only thing spawn-unit is really good for now, being slightly wonky for anything else and even kinda wonky for that)

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: June 25, 2015, 04:30:43 am »

Hmm... Does anyone know if syndromes work on vermin?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: June 25, 2015, 06:42:02 am »

spawn-unit is a DFHack script, not interaction, and whether or not it is an enemy or ally is... actually in basic spawn-unit I think it's just "generic wild animal or civ memeber" at the moment, I always manually set them up to be invaders if necessary (since invasions are the only thing spawn-unit is really good for now, being slightly wonky for anything else and even kinda wonky for that)
The current version of the script is focused on animals, since a lot more research is needed on civilized creatures.  It will work for a wild animal (civ ID of -1), or a domesticated animal belonging to the fort or avdenturer's civ (the default).  Putnam seems to have cracked turning one of these into an invader?

What it will NOT do is make a functioning citizen for your civ.  Spawned units don't have relationships, preferences or dreams.  A spawned domesticated animal can be adopted as a pet, so they can form new relationships.

Edit: grammar. I'll blame the problem on my phone's tiny screen because, well, it doesn't mind when I blame it for things.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 06:45:59 am by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2872 on: June 25, 2015, 06:43:32 am »

Hmm... Does anyone know if syndromes work on vermin?
I believe they should work, judging from all the vermin-specific tags' existence.
Need to command separately that a vermin drops a SMALL_REMAINS instead of regular body parts. http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.34:Creature_token
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: June 25, 2015, 07:07:50 am »

The current version of the script is focused on animals, since a lot more research is needed on civilized creatures.  It will work for a wild animal (civ ID of -1), or a domesticated animal belonging to the fort or avdenturer's civ (the default).  Putnam seems to have cracked turning one of these into an invader?

What it will NOT do is make a functioning citizen for your civ.  Spawned units don't have relationships, preferences or dreams.  A spawned domesticated animal can be adopted as a pet, so they can form new relationships.

Edit: grammar. I'll blame the problem on my phone's tiny screen because, well, it doesn't mind when I blame it for things.
I believe they should work, judging from all the vermin-specific tags' existence.
Need to command separately that a vermin drops a SMALL_REMAINS instead of regular body parts. http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.34:Creature_token

The idea I've been having is to spawn in units (vermin only, as that's how the game does it apparently) and then also create an object that instantly dissipates releasing a cloud containing syndrome into the air. This syndrome then transforms said vermin into unit of choice.

Does anyone have any idea if this will work?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: June 25, 2015, 07:21:15 am »

spawn-unit can do both vermin and normal animals, both happen in the mod in my signature.  If you want the game to spawn them randomly around the map, then yes you are looking for vermin.  If you are spawning them yourself at specific locations, it can be a vermin or normal.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: June 25, 2015, 07:37:57 am »

spawn-unit can do both vermin and normal animals, both happen in the mod in my signature.  If you want the game to spawn them randomly around the map, then yes you are looking for vermin.  If you are spawning them yourself at specific locations, it can be a vermin or normal.

I mean via reaction. Reactions can only spawn vermin.

jason0320

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: June 25, 2015, 07:51:53 am »

Spawned units don't have relationships, preferences or dreams.
Thanks for the explanation guys!
So if there was a script or something that can make spawned units dissapear in a given time, we can have illusions and properly time-limited RPGesque summons!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 07:56:26 am by jason0320 »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: June 25, 2015, 01:04:26 pm »

Hey, I'm going back to 34.11 so I can have sieges again. Can someone link me to the 34.11 starter pack on DFFD? And would it be okay to copy over my civs and creatures from 40.24 directly to 34.11? Here's an example, just tell me anything I have to change.

Phoenix
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What would I have to change to make it 34.11 compatible?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Usul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: June 25, 2015, 01:38:19 pm »

Here are TomiTapio's notes detailing all the changes from 34.11 to 40.xx
Code: [Select]
- [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3] every effing where. 3 -> "more like 1/24th of a fort tick, but gets rounded up to one." adv tick is 72 fort ticks. " it seems you guys are right that attack speeds will affect fort mode aswell. "

- DONE: INSPECT WHAT WEAPON CHANGES IN VANILLA.
much [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3] to everything(tools too; tools done.). whip,scourge is special multiattack. that is all.
DONE:main weapon file. Oldgen no have whips coz they're bad in warfare. WHIP skill is polearms here.
DONE:genesis weap file, ammo file.
- probably done: crea_standard speeds tuning

- DONE:  to all gems... the new densities and colours.   [SOLID_DENSITY:2115]  Common to opals.  Range is 1980 - 2250     [STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:PEARL]
- use _NECK variants TO ALMOST ALL BODIES. Birds too, done. Fish, sea mammals done.
- neck ver of humanoid_legless?? Naga.
- not exist [BODY:BASIC_2PARTBODY_NECK ! but use walrus instead:  [BODY:BASIC_2PARTBODY:BASIC_HEAD_NECK:
- "There's a new hardcoded building you can specify, the Farmer's Workshop as [BUILDING:FARMER:key]."
- DONE intelligents and likesfighting:   cowardly dorfs: "You need to mod them to have natural discipline skill of at least 1."  [NATURAL_SKILL:DISCIPLINE:1]
- I dont need: "[SPOUSE_CONVERTER]
[ORIENTATION:MALE:1:0:0]
[ORIENTATION:FEMALE:0:0:1]
[CONVERTED_SPOUSE]
[ORIENTATION:MALE:0:0:1]
[ORIENTATION:FEMALE:1:0:0]
- Knight Otu says: "can be added (or removed) through CE_ADD_TAG (CE_REMOVE_TAG). Flying wasn't among them last time I checked. The list of tokens that can be added is BLOODSUCKER, CAN_LEARN, CAN_SPEAK, CRAZED, EXTRAVISION, LIKES_FIGHTING (or LIKESFIGHTING), MISCHIEVOUS (or MISCHIEVIOUS), NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT, NO_DIZZINESS, NO_DRINK, NO_EAT, NO_FEVERS, NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN, NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST, NO_SLEEP, NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT, NOBREATHE, NOEMOTION, NOEXERT, NOFEAR, NONAUSEA, NOPAIN, NOSTUN, NOT_LIVING, NOTHOUGHT, OPPOSED_TO_LIFE, PARALYZEIMMUNE, SUPERNATURAL, TRANCES, UTTERANCES."

- bloody entities, much work. new tags:
[MERCENARY]

[OUTDOOR_GARDENS]
[INDOOR_GARDENS]
[OUTDOOR_ORCHARDS]

[EXCLUSIVE_START_BIOME:MOUNTAIN]
[SETTLEMENT_BIOME:ANY_FOREST]
[SETTLEMENT_BIOME:MOUNTAIN]
[SETTLEMENT_BIOME:ANY_GRASSLAND]
[SETTLEMENT_BIOME:ANY_SAVANNA]
[SETTLEMENT_BIOME:ANY_SHRUBLAND]
four reactions
position can [REQUIRES_MARKET]
dukes [NUMBER:AS_NEEDED] instead of [SITE]!  OldGen had [NUMBER:1], keep that for now.
values.
[VARIABLE_POSITIONS:ALL]
new: [SITE_VARIABLE_POSITIONS:ALL]
new option "REQUIRED": [ETHIC:KILL_NEUTRAL:REQUIRED]

- CREATURES of civs:
DONE attacks of civilized. Swim speeds removed.
DONE move speeds... *sigh*
_todo____ new personality wordings

--------------
IE_LOCATION   Within I_EFFECT   Location Hint   Indicates where the effect can take place. Valid values:   IN_WATER  IN_MAGMA  (and omit usage hint, so they do it always when in water)
--------------
changed frequencies/population numbers for animal people
fixed various broken eyelash color/descriptions
removed lots of HOMEOTHERM tags from bugs
fixed duck/goose root around part category
---------------------------
- human smellyness to 70? They themselves detect at 90.
- todo: add more un-edible plants af high frequency, to lessen "live off wild veg forever"
- fliers can have [DIVE_HUNTS_VERMIN]! (peregrine had it.)

- trees: they auto-use ironhand 59 tools tile and 172 fish tile :-( is in d_init.
   [GROWTH_PRINT:'%' char(if zero,just color host) :7 char picked : color  4:0:1:   timing 120000: timing 200000: priority 3]
   Format here is character on branch, item character, 3 for color, season timing, print priority (higher better).
-[SHRUB_TILE:13][SHRUB_COLOR:2:0:0] looks great, low grass
- replaced all '*':'*': catkins with reedy-grassy 13-tile.
- all tree-fruits from '%' BIN to 236 tri-plant.  all flowers from [GROWTH_PRINT:5:5: probably yen symbol to.... 231 fourleafplant.
---------special leaf colors on fantasy and evil trees!!-----------

- many creatures should get [NATURAL_SKILL:TRACKING:2] and [NATURAL_SKILL:BALANCE:4] and [NATURAL_SKILL:SNEAK:2]

- DONE: sweat/spit/tears added to approprite creatures.
- add [PERSONALITY:BRAVERY:100:100:100] to make creatures not run in fear.
- DONE: some ANY_LAND creatures to [BIOME:NOT_FREEZING]. For accuracy.
- inspect conversion [CVCT_TARGET:QUADRUPED_HOOF]
- DONE: solve the neck connection shit
- DONE: minerals not changed from 2012 to 2014.
- DONE: inspect metals
- DONE: materials done (leaf token, tears, sweat, spit.)
- DONE: high stink to select creatures.
- todo: sub-50 stinks, like hiding-type prey.
- todo wield: [HABIT_NUM:TEST_ALL]    [HABIT:USE_ANY_MELEE_WEAPON:100]
- todo " [LOW_LIGHT_VISION:100] bonus percentage, cannot penalize yet, default is zero, just throw in 10000 to make it perfect "
- maybe todo: "The tags CRAZED and OPPOSED_TO_LIFE can be added through a syndrome"

- vanilla not have [SOUND:ALERT:30:2000:VOCALIZATION:screech:screeches:a large bird screech]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:16:80000:VOCALIZATION:chirp:chirps:a very short chirp]
on animals!
- DONE: 658 creatures! Fuck! Everyone's speed, swim speed, and attack.
- DONE: delete 11 personality lines, keep 9...

- put [GOBBLE_VERMIN_CLASS:EDIBLE_GROUND_BUG] to many custom creatures.
- pretty new: [ROOT_AROUND:BY_CATEGORY:BILL:root around in:roots around in]
- "For no-pole, base temperatures of at least 85 make an environment tropical" -Toady

____Globs are measured like bars now. Try REAGENT:tallow:150:GLOB instead.
__"Yeah, just use [GRAZER:#] in an animal to revert it to what it was before.  GRAZE_COEFFICIENT only affects the STANDARD_GRAZER formula."
_ size of a tile is: "I think for the purposes of the minecarts it turned out to be 2m x 2m x 3m with 10 clicks / second" -Toady One

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Also, there are CANNOT_JUMP and CANNOT_CLIMB (this one is only needed if the creature has grasps - no creature
in the stock raws uses this) to prevent a creature from jumping/climbing or STANCE_CLIMBER to allow a creature
to climb with its feet/stance parts, VISION_ARC (in the format [VISION_ARC:150:310], binocular vision, non-binocular
vision), MULTIPART_FULL_VISION which (probably) causes the creature to have a full vision arc while it has multiple heads,
NO_VEGETATION_PERTURB, which probably causes the creature to leave no tracks on vegetation, and several other new tags.
Odor level is how smelly the creature is. Higher levels are more smelly.
Smell trigger is how well creatures can smell things. Lower is better. If the smell trigger is lower than the odor level, then the creature can smell the source of the odor, if it is close enough.
Both smell triggers and odor levels default to 50, I believe. It's mentioned in the future of the fortress thread, though it may have changed since then.
You can also apply an odor string to describe the smell. For example, fire snakes now have [ODOR_STRING:smoke]. So instead of it saying "you smell fire snake on the wind" it would say "you smell smoke on the wind".

[ODOR_LEVEL:50][ODOR_STRING:smoke]zero = odorless, default is 50, smell_trigger greaterless than or equal to odor_level detects w/ wind
[SMELL_TRIGGER:50] "low is better.  minimum 1, default is 50, humans set to 90 because they suck"
Tomi: elephant 1, dog 10, 16-19 other dogs,

TREES:
Trunk_period: no idea. Couldn't notice any differences at all from changing this, under various conditions. [tea bush has 10]
branch densities: as you would expect, they create more often branches of that type.
max trunk height: the highest height of A trunk tile, not necessarily in a straight line.
heavy branch radius: seems to be the radius heavy branches can occur at. Does not depend on the trunk branching amount or where trunks are. You can actually have trunks branch out further than heavy branches do. So if this is = 1, you will have heavy branches in a 3x3 area around the center, period.
branch radius: similar.
trunk branching: Seems to be a combination of how "branchy" the shape is (twisting around, not straight line) PLUS how wide out the reach, in one parameter
^again, all three of these seem almost independent of one another. Branching of trunk can seemingly go out further than other branches do, for instance.
max trunk diameter: seems to only affect the base of the tree, and only go up to a max of 3x3 in size, no matter what you set.

Also, trees appear to be limited to a 7x7 area above their first tile in width, no matter what parameters you set. If you set all the branching radii and everything super high, you just get fully filled 7x7 rectangles going up. As you set them lower, it will take on different more or less filled oval shapes.
Also, biomes or perhaps temperatures or something can affect these variables. I have a world with ONLY one species of tree in existence, and on some embarks, it has 3x3 trunks all over the place and massive 7x7 canopies. And on other embarks, they are exclusively 1x1 initial trunks and tiny canopies ??? I haven't made any rhyme or reason out of it.

TINIEST TREE: 3 log stacks.
[TRUNK_PERIOD:1] 7-10 vanilla
[HEAVY_BRANCH_DENSITY:0] 0-25 vanilla
[BRANCH_DENSITY:0] 0-50 vanilla
[MAX_TRUNK_HEIGHT:1] 1-8 vanilla
[HEAVY_BRANCH_RADIUS:0] 1-2 vanilla
[BRANCH_RADIUS:0] 2 vanilla
[TRUNK_BRANCHING:0] 0-2 vanilla
[MAX_TRUNK_DIAMETER:1] 1-3
[TRUNK_WIDTH_PERIOD:1] 200 only in vanilla
[ROOT_DENSITY:0] 2-5
[ROOT_RADIUS:0] 3 only?

These parameters below are the default values for twig placement, and do not appear in other plant entries that use the default values.  Zero and one are the only accepted values right now.
[TWIGS_SIDE_BRANCHES:1] 1yes 0no
[TWIGS_ABOVE_BRANCHES:1]
[TWIGS_BELOW_BRANCHES:0]
[TWIGS_SIDE_HEAVY_BRANCHES:0]
[TWIGS_ABOVE_HEAVY_BRANCHES:0]
[TWIGS_BELOW_HEAVY_BRANCHES:0]
[TWIGS_SIDE_TRUNK:0]
[TWIGS_ABOVE_TRUNK:0]
[TWIGS_BELOW_TRUNK:0]

vanilla MAXED OUT:
[TRUNK_PERIOD:10]
[HEAVY_BRANCH_DENSITY:25]
[BRANCH_DENSITY:50]
[MAX_TRUNK_HEIGHT:8]
[HEAVY_BRANCH_RADIUS:2]
[BRANCH_RADIUS:2]
[TRUNK_BRANCHING:2]
[MAX_TRUNK_DIAMETER:3]
[TRUNK_WIDTH_PERIOD:200]
[ROOT_DENSITY:5]
[ROOT_RADIUS:3]

vanilla Hazel:
[HEAVY_BRANCH_DENSITY:25]
[MAX_TRUNK_HEIGHT:6]
[HEAVY_BRANCH_RADIUS:1]
[BRANCH_RADIUS:2]
[TRUNK_BRANCHING:2]
[MAX_TRUNK_DIAMETER:1]
vanilla gingko:
[HEAVY_BRANCH_DENSITY:0]
[MAX_TRUNK_HEIGHT:8]
[BRANCH_RADIUS:1]
[TRUNK_BRANCHING:0]
[MAX_TRUNK_DIAMETER:2] up to 3-4m
And some values for deciding creature's speed.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And you also need to remove the references to gelding.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: June 25, 2015, 01:42:17 pm »

..Oh. So it'd take a while to change my mods back to 34.11... Maybe I'll just copy over the essentials, and then make new mods for my 34.11? I had 34.11 on my old laptop, modded to the sky, but then it kind of blew up. The motherboard melted due to being left on and open for three months straight.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 247