Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 327094 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2850 on: June 22, 2015, 10:07:26 pm »

Unless... (Drumroll)

AN INORGANIC CALLED WOOD!

Grown pine, grown highwood, and grown featherwood. Those'll be the elves currencies.

Problem: Will they have to have a way to make the grown woods somehow, or will they just magically have them in their pouches in adventure mode?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: June 22, 2015, 10:25:41 pm »

Questions about [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER] (MFM).

1. The wiki (and token) suggest that it changes the force of a particular material when applied to that creature. But the work the Urist Da Vinci has done, and from what I have seen, force isn't important, but momentum is. So does anyone know if the MFM is just a straight multiplier to the momentum of an attack?

2. Do multiple MFM stack? That is to say if I use [MFM:NONE:NONE:1:100] followed by [MFM:INORGANIC:SILVER:100:1] would all material except silver have a .01 multiplier, and silver have a 1 multiplier?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: June 22, 2015, 10:40:02 pm »

Force is the derivative of momentum with respect to time. It's basically a straight multiplier.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: June 22, 2015, 11:41:13 pm »

Yes, but the actual delivery of an attack has a dt of 0, therefore the force of all blows is basically infinite as F = dp/dt. I suppose we could include the preparation and recovery times in to the calculation as the place holder for dt. It wouldn't give us a real force, but it would give us a DF force.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: June 22, 2015, 11:46:56 pm »

I'd just assume attacks take place over the course of one "time". Momentum, being the integral of force with respect to time, will thus be correlated exactly with force.

So yeah, basically just a momentum multiplier.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2855 on: June 23, 2015, 04:56:08 am »

Grown pine, grown highwood, and grown featherwood. Those'll be the elves currencies.
How about... elven currencies being hard clumps of resin, gently extracted from trees. Evergreen resin cheapest, featherwood resin priciest, redwood resin in the middle.
(resins being used in elven armorcrafting and everyday item crafting)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

jason0320

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: June 23, 2015, 10:20:18 am »

Or amber.
Man elves are really double standard bastard, massively use wood but can't tolerate other race to use any.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: June 23, 2015, 11:11:32 am »

Or amber.
Man elves are really double standard bastard, massively use wood but can't tolerate other race to use any.
They use wood in a Kosher manner that doesn't harm the trees... and they do not trust others to do so.  It used to be that crafts made from elf-sourced logs still insulted the elven traders.  Now that items can have a "grown" attribute, I'm not sure if a mug made from a "grown pine log" turns into a "grown pine mug" that elves will buy or just a "pine mug" that give elves a hissy fit.

(I don't make wooden crafts anyway, which is why I never found out one way or the other.)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: June 23, 2015, 12:59:58 pm »

Will they magically have the money in their pouches, or will I have to give them a reaction to get the materials?
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: June 23, 2015, 04:37:56 pm »

Will they magically have the money in their pouches, or will I have to give them a reaction to get the materials?
magic

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: June 23, 2015, 05:56:26 pm »

magic
Civs magically get anything that they have a reaction to produce, even if they don't have the reagents.  Coin production is hardcoded into the forge, which means the reaction is available to anyone.  Not sure if the game checks that the civ has access to forges, though.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: June 23, 2015, 08:18:00 pm »

Well yeah, but even if I don't give them the reaction, will they have it because of [CURRENCY:GABBRO:5] alone? If not, I can just work on a reaction for it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: June 23, 2015, 08:18:59 pm »

they will

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: June 24, 2015, 12:06:10 pm »

Does anyone know if it's possible to spawn creatures from thin air?

Also, is venom injection in the game yet?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: June 24, 2015, 12:12:33 pm »

Venom injection has been around for a long time. And I'm pretty sure using the vampire infection example you could make a creature turn into another on injection.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 247