Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 327864 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1890 on: January 08, 2015, 05:41:44 am »

Quick question: If I remove
[UTTERANCES]
from
[CREATURE:KOBOLD]
in the
creature_standard.txt
in a save file will it take effect for adventure mode?

Or would the world have to be re-generated for kobolds to be able to speak?

Afaik it does take effect immediately. From the story of Deebus, the player removed UTTERANCE mid way to prevent his tribe from attacking him.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: January 08, 2015, 07:31:16 am »

Afaik it does take effect immediately. From the story of Deebus, the player removed UTTERANCE mid way to prevent his tribe from attacking him.

Thanks.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: January 09, 2015, 12:00:55 am »

If a civ member gets the [CRAZED] tag, will they start a loyalty cascade?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1893 on: January 09, 2015, 07:37:30 am »

If a civ member gets the [CRAZED] tag, will they start a loyalty cascade?
Yes, but OPPOSED_TO_LIFE works.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: January 09, 2015, 01:43:39 pm »

Aw, really? That works too I guess, but not quite as well. Is there any way to get rid of their civ affiliation?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1895 on: January 09, 2015, 06:55:02 pm »

OPPOSED_TO_LIFE + CRAZED should also work, but otherwise no, not really. Dfhack can do that, not raw modding.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #1896 on: January 10, 2015, 12:49:56 pm »

Where does the latest version hide the RAWs for megabeasts?  I wanted to edit the existing types, but can't find their information.  It's probably somewhere so obvious that I'm going to feel like a moron :P
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: January 10, 2015, 12:55:10 pm »

Where does the latest version hide the RAWs for megabeasts?  I wanted to edit the existing types, but can't find their information.  It's probably somewhere so obvious that I'm going to feel like a moron :P
creature_standard.txt, unless you're talking titans and forgotten beasts - those are generated for each world and need third-party tools to be edited.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #1898 on: January 10, 2015, 12:59:09 pm »

creature_standard.txt, unless you're talking titans and forgotten beasts - those are generated for each world and need third-party tools to be edited.

Nope, just the garden-variety dragons, etc.  Thanks!  Sure enough, I am /facepalming right now.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: January 10, 2015, 05:49:03 pm »

When updating .34 creatures to .40, I know you need to add gaits, and add ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER to the attacks - are there any other major changes that I should keep in mind?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: January 10, 2015, 05:49:42 pm »

LIKES_FIGHTING has been removed.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: January 10, 2015, 06:22:50 pm »

Also the gelding on males.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1902 on: January 10, 2015, 06:52:17 pm »

LIKES_FIGHTING has been removed.
So... what do you use now to make people like fighting? I take it some from http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Personality_trait ?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: January 10, 2015, 06:54:31 pm »

Yeah, I'd guess having high VIOLENT will do so.

Nero1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Terrible majestry
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1904 on: January 11, 2015, 12:31:40 am »

What happens if you leave the LIKES_FIGHTING token in the raws? Will DF bug out, spam the error log, or do nothing?
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 247