Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 326328 times)

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #180 on: July 09, 2014, 09:58:10 pm »

Yeah, use the plump helmet raw for hints on that, like this:

Code: [Select]
   [INORGANIC:DRAUGHT_OF_REINVIGORATION]
      [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PLANT_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen draught of reinvigoration]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:draught of reinvigoration]
      [STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling draught of reinvigoration]
      [MATERIAL_VALUE:10]
      [DISPLAY_COLOR:5:0:0]
      [EDIBLE_RAW]
      [PREFIX:NONE]
      [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:draught of reinvigoration]
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
         [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:RATTLESNAKE:ALL]
         [SYN_INJECTED]
         [CE_ADD_TAG:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:START:0:END:5]

You'll want the reaction to create that as a DRINK item. The rest is fine, except that you want SYN_INGESTED rather than SYN_INJECTED (since it's being drunk). You may not want rattlesnakes to be immune to it, either. Water is a material.

Thanks Putnam, you're the boss! :D And yeah, good point about the rattlesnakes.
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Therion11

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 10, 2014, 01:19:42 am »

Hey folks

I'm still using 0.34, but I am looking for a way to add a creature in to my map. I tried spawn-units and it just gave me lines of error code that I didn't understand, I tried force with force megabeasts but that also spat out error codes. Can somebody help me either interpret what the errors mean or find an alternative means of adding dragons/rocs for my zoo without having to wait for them to show up and hope they don't get slaughtered by sieges or merchants before capturing them?

King Kravoka

« Reply #182 on: July 10, 2014, 01:51:23 am »

Hey folks

I'm still using 0.34, but I am looking for a way to add a creature in to my map. I tried spawn-units and it just gave me lines of error code that I didn't understand, I tried force with force megabeasts but that also spat out error codes. Can somebody help me either interpret what the errors mean or find an alternative means of adding dragons/rocs for my zoo without having to wait for them to show up and hope they don't get slaughtered by sieges or merchants before capturing them?

Use the .34 thread instead.

Dibuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 10, 2014, 02:55:30 am »

Riddle me this.

Open entity_default, make the goblins the playable race.

Remove:
[VARIABLE_POSITIONS:ALL]
[SITE_VARIABLE_POSITIONS:ALL]

And paste in the dwarfs positions (king etc) (or any other positions for that matter). If you now generate a world it will crash, this leads me to believe that the goblins must have some kind of special/new position that is required in the world gen - but hell if I knew!

Snaaty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 10, 2014, 04:42:02 am »

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, correct me, if I'm wrong.

I guess now with much new adventure stuff the old advfort plugin will be broken.
My question is: Do I have to learn lua or what if I want to mod my adventurer to be able to mine things?

Also, is it possible to access and change speech files, and/or "quest" situations?
I would really like a situation in which a local Jeweler-Dwarf asks for a rough gem, as a present for his wife, so you have to go outside or explore the caverns to mine that and get a nice reward after that.
I find it very strange, that the first thing my peasant-adventurer is asked to do is killing that ancient vampire that has already slaughtered 3015 Dwarves, with nothing but a copper spear.

So I hope you get my ideas, and can you can tell me whether they are possible to implement. :)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 10, 2014, 05:25:59 am »

1.) That's a moot point until DFHack gets back on its feet. Whether the plugin itself needs to be refurbished... that's up in the air, really. Probably not, but don't quote me on that.

2.) Not in a way you mean, no. Most of the text bits that banter is assembled from are embedded inside Dwarf Fortress.exe and can be screwed with to a limited extent using a certain tool, but you can't alter how the game applies them. You can't modify the quest system, either.

Some minor speech bits can be freely altered, however. Look inside \data\speech.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 10, 2014, 06:19:00 am »

Curious :P World Gen crashes every time for me if you set a playable civilization to live in dark fortresses by default.

//edit
Just noticed this! I found it myself when I tried to mod in drow :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Further confirms my theory. Set them to live in mountainhalls and it works.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 06:21:33 am by Godlysockpuppet »

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 10, 2014, 07:03:22 am »

I'm also getting worldgen crashes when adding in a custom race that uses dark fortresses.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 10, 2014, 07:05:50 am »

I think it is related to the new spoiler site.
._.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 10, 2014, 07:08:54 am »

Another funny thing I've noticed is for my drow, in a drow's thoughts it says "she appreciates good craftsdrowmanship", despite never having added any proffession names (I.e. craftsmen be called craftsdrow, spearmen be called speardrow). It does it automatically, that's kind of cool :)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 10, 2014, 07:11:02 am »

update on the dark fortress thing, changing the civ to use detailed caves instead, the game does not crash, so it's definitely got something to do with the new spoilers.

I seem to have read something about goblins building their towers on top of spoiler sites.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 10, 2014, 07:14:47 am »

update on the dark fortress thing, changing the civ to use detailed caves instead, the game does not crash, so it's definitely got something to do with the new spoilers.

I seem to have read something about goblins building their towers on top of spoiler sites.
It's confirmed now :P Dark forts for civ playable creatures causes crashes. Not to worry though, just bug it and move on, and we'll avoid that for now.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 10, 2014, 07:51:15 am »

just discovered a strange bug.. I was trying to see if i could force my pegasus ponies to hover, so i put one on top of a tower and collapsed it

** Starting New Outpost **
Stidest Tislamoslan has become a militia commander.
There is nothing to catch in the southern swamps.
Something has collapsed on the surface!
The Jeweler's right lower foreleg takes the full force of the impact, bruising the muscle through the (cotton fiber dress)!
The Jeweler's left lower hindleg takes the full force of the impact, bruising the muscle through the (cotton fiber dress)!
The Jeweler is caught in a cloud of boiling magma!
The Jeweler is caught in a burst of silty clay!
The Jeweler slams into an obstacle!
The Jeweler's left flank takes the full force of the impact, bruising the muscle through the (cotton fiber cloak)!
The Jeweler's right upper foreleg takes the full force of the impact, bruising the muscle through the (cotton fiber cloak)!
The Jeweler is caught in a burst of sand!
The Jeweler slams into an obstacle!
The Jeweler's throat takes the full force of the impact, bruising the skin through the (cotton fiber cloak)!
The Jeweler's right flank takes the full force of the impact, bruising the muscle through the (cotton fiber cloak)!
The Jeweler is caught in a burst of sand!
The Jeweler regains consciousness.
The Jeweler is no longer stunned.
The Jeweler stands up.

I have no idea where the burst of boiling magma is coming from.
The testsubject herself is dead, but there is no combat log to indicate that anything happened.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 10, 2014, 07:55:04 am »

That's an old bug. Rock/soil dust is referred to by the game as "boiling magma". There is no actual molten rock involved.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2014, 07:55:52 am »

Well that boiling magma is caused by a material error. If something has a wrong material id or whatever, it defaults to magma. That "dust" is missing a material ID.
That's an old bug. Rock/soil dust is referred to by the game as "boiling magma". There is no actual molten rock involved.
This is... Kind of wrong, it is actually magma. It can cause burns and kill things. This was a problem with Meph's masterwork mod a long time ago where traders would try and bring a bag full of "magma" (something with a screwed up material ID or whatever) and set the whole map on fire.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 07:57:27 am by Godlysockpuppet »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 247