Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 327526 times)

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #690 on: August 08, 2014, 07:02:07 pm »

Thanks, TomiTapio!
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

DwarfVsObsidianWall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 08, 2014, 07:52:46 pm »

Newbie Modder Question here:
I tried to create a material that had a fixed temp of 15k Urist, in an attempt to create flaming swords, and added an ignition point well below that, but the sword A) doesn't burn, and B) doesn't do fire damage/set anything on fire.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #692 on: August 08, 2014, 08:56:39 pm »

Even if you would create a flaming sword, no one would pick it up because its on fire, and it would only harm the wearer... the contact to the target would be too short to set him/her on fire.

If you want something fancy as that, you will have to rely on dfhack. SPATTER_ADD or itemsyndrome. You can coat your sword in flames for example, which do blisters and pain effects on the target. I am not sure if you really want fire, because if you set a goblin on fire, the grass will burn next, and your soldier with the sword who stands nearby will be next in line.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

HelloLion

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:FOOLISH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 08, 2014, 09:18:37 pm »

Hey everyone. I am trying to wrap my head around Position creation in the raws. I understand most of it but there is one token I'm finding confusing: SUCCESSION. The wiki describes SUCCESSION as having two possible arguments [BY_HEIR / BY_POSITION:position] and says that it is "How a new position holder is chosen. A single position can have multiple BY_POSITION tokens." Later on, the wiki goes into some detail about how positions are created and explains how the LAND_HOLDER, REQUIRES_POPULATION, APPOINTED_BY, ELECTED, and REPLACED_BY tokens play into that, but never once mentions SUCCESSION or how it plays in. As far as I can tell SUCCESSION seems to suggest positions that are either inherited via bloodline [BY_HEIR], or drawn from some other position [BY_POSITION:position], but how does that work if the position has an APPOINTED_BY or ELECTED token, wouldn't these things interfere with one another? And if it doesn't have an APPOINTED_BY or ELECTED token, how would it come to exist? I'm just not quite seeing how it fits in, or possibly misunderstanding how it works. If anyone could explain how SUCCESSION works exactly I'd appreciate it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 08, 2014, 09:21:16 pm »

They would interfere. It would come to exist by being a local leader of sorts, AFAIK, like a monarch.

lost viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 08, 2014, 10:13:16 pm »

is there a way to make pets civilization specific? say i want a pet to be only available to humans or only available to elves how would i go about doing that? or is it not possible to do that?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #696 on: August 08, 2014, 10:19:42 pm »

There are some tricks with cave animals, good and evil, and permitting them in the entity file. See elves and goblins for examples. But for very specific things you need dfhack.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lost viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 08, 2014, 10:43:56 pm »

well thats a thorn in my side. Its for a mod im cooking up so dependency on dfhack is not something i can do. ill think of something.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #698 on: August 08, 2014, 11:16:33 pm »

You could try having the animal require a specific biome's grass, like the panda requires bamboo grass grazing. Probably won't help.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

lost viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 08, 2014, 11:37:07 pm »

i have them biome specific with the civ i want to adopt them, i have that civ currently have the use any animal tag. it kind of works but not really. though you did give me an idea. I could make them common domestic but require that specfic grass, it will make using them outside of their biomes impossible. that will at least keep them with the civ. then again that might just end up killing them like it does the panda.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #700 on: August 10, 2014, 09:24:24 am »

Which popular or semipopular tileset uses the exact same tile number commands as vanilla ascii? So one can just drop the tileset on top of ascii and everything is decent.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 10, 2014, 02:47:52 pm »

What do values do?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #702 on: August 10, 2014, 02:58:27 pm »

What do values do?
You mean material values? Its how much the item made of it will be worth. Its material value * item value.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 10, 2014, 03:00:29 pm »

I mean the new moral values in the entities.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 10, 2014, 03:04:13 pm »

Want my bet? Mostly about who gets along with whom at this point. Wildly opposing values turn into grudges and vice versa.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 247