Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 326356 times)

Zorromorph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3525 on: October 31, 2015, 01:23:58 am »

I think I know the answer to this, but was unable to find a definitive one upon searching.

Is there any way to mod incoming migrant skills?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: October 31, 2015, 01:36:13 am »

No.

The first two migrant waves are generated units, with semi-randomized skills. The ones after that are actual historic figures whose skills relate to their history. Either way migrant behaviour is hardcoded.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: October 31, 2015, 05:53:17 am »

I'm not too familiar with this... can I restrict a weapon to only be constructed of a certain metal? For eg, only being able to make claws out of adamantine, not copper and iron.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: October 31, 2015, 09:10:30 am »

No, not really. Metals are all told what they can be made into, and it doesn't get any more detailed than "ITEMS_WEAPON".

You could arrange it so that you can only make claws with a specific custom reaction that only puts out adamantine claws, but then they'd sit outside the rest of the system that governs weapon and material availability for civilizations and such.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: October 31, 2015, 09:55:56 am »

Is it just me or does the tissue PAIN_RECEPTORS token not do anything for blunt damage?

Like I've tried setting it to an absurd number like 500000 for skin, fat and muscle, going into arena mode and trying it out. Punches and kicks, even ones that mangle, don't seem to do much at all. Whereas one scratch or bite and the character goes down in pain immediately.

Is there any work-around to make it work for blunt damage? Is this a bug?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: October 31, 2015, 10:15:47 am »

Lower the IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD value for skin just a smidge so that it nicks and tears from blunt hits. If fat and muscle are still made from uncrushable rubber, the limb has no danger of flying off.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: October 31, 2015, 10:56:26 am »

You could arrange it so that you can only make claws with a specific custom reaction that only puts out adamantine claws, but then they'd sit outside the rest of the system that governs weapon and material availability for civilizations and such.

Interested in that. Im okay with reactions, I just need to know what tags do I need to remove so that they dont show up in the metalsmiths forge.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: October 31, 2015, 02:16:50 pm »

Lower the IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD value for skin just a smidge so that it nicks and tears from blunt hits. If fat and muscle are still made from uncrushable rubber, the limb has no danger of flying off.
Thanks for the tip! I've tried putting it to use by adding a layer under the skin that can't bleed and has those properties. No externally-visible tearing and bleeding that way. Although it does display this tissue in the combat logs and once the skin is torn open.

Still, should it really work like this or is it a bug that it doesn't affect plain blunt damage? I've also noticed it has no effect when the part using the tissue is severed entirely.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: October 31, 2015, 02:20:03 pm »

Interested in that. Im okay with reactions, I just need to know what tags do I need to remove so that they dont show up in the metalsmiths forge.

Don't permit the weapon in the entity file, but do permit the reaction to create it, so that the weapon is not found on pre-generated units, but can still be made in Fortress Mode.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: October 31, 2015, 09:24:48 pm »

.... Right. Jeez, that was obvious.

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
  • Gobo the other white meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: November 02, 2015, 12:26:44 am »

is their a way to "cure" syndromes that a dwarf(or other enity here) is afflicted by namely were and vampire syndromes via adding some sort of anti-syndrome syndrome or equiv to the raws?
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

I will be so god damn proud if AMBASSADOR bites your head off.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: November 02, 2015, 01:00:10 am »

no

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: November 02, 2015, 01:47:17 am »

is their a way to "cure" syndromes that a dwarf(or other enity here) is afflicted by namely were and vampire syndromes via adding some sort of anti-syndrome syndrome or equiv to the raws?

You /might/ be able to kinda cure lycanthropy in a roundabout way if werewolves work like I think they do. If you're transformed, you're immune to all further transformations. Any transformation syndromes gained after that are queued behind the current one and will only activate once the first wears off.

For example, my Pokemon evolution syndrome works by telling the game I want a creature to wait, let's say, one year and then turn into its second form lasting one year. I input for it to turn into its third form only five tics after turning into its second form in the same syndrome, but since it's immune to further transformations until the first wears off it will stay its second form for the full year and then immediately turn into the next stage.

So if you permanently transform a dwarf afflicted with lycanthropy into a dwarf, it will be immune to transforming into a werewolf because the werewolf transformation is queued to happen after the dwarf transformation wears off - which will be never. I'm not sure you can change creatures into themselves, but if you make a few redundant castes for each gender that you can tell between (a small difference in the description text, maybe) you can transform them into the correct gendered caste they aren't.

You could try a workshop reaction and a boiling stone for different races and genders. Just keep in mind that though they'll have the same mental attributes they'll get totally different physical attributes when they transform.

That's my ten cents. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 01:49:28 am by Managrimm »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: November 02, 2015, 08:00:55 am »

Does CHILDNAME (caste) override GENERAL_CHILD_NAME? The wiki says its the general child name applied regardless of caste, so I'm not too sure what to think here.

Avnas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: November 02, 2015, 09:06:46 am »

I made a race with fly-like silky wings. I would like it so that when butchering this creature, you get the wings as an item which can be used to weave silk.

I imagine I need to make a reagent of some kind with the [SILK] tag but I haven't been able to find an example of how this might work with the butchering tags.

edit: whoops, just noticed the creature & entity questions thread. Maybe I should have posted that there instead.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 09:10:00 am by Avnas »
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 247