Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 327453 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3090 on: August 06, 2015, 07:30:55 am »

Is there a way to ensure that worldgen civs have access to materials (and therefore items made from them) sourced from reactions? I want my worldgen elves to have access to my modded infused wood, to make them less pathetic.
That should be the default behavior.  It's why your dwarves can always embark with a steel anvil even if there is no iron.  Just be sure to put the PERMITTED_REACTION in the entity.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3091 on: August 06, 2015, 07:57:00 pm »

Hm. The reactions work just fine in Fortress Mode, but it seems that they can't use them in worldgen. Is there any particular reason behind this? The reactions require Furnace Operator; do they need access to the job as well?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3092 on: August 06, 2015, 08:07:49 pm »

Hm. The reactions work just fine in Fortress Mode, but it seems that they can't use them in worldgen. Is there any particular reason behind this? The reactions require Furnace Operator; do they need access to the job as well?
Try using a dummy reaction that can't be used in fort mode, like Deon does. To enforce that a civ has a certain material.
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:BLACK_BRONZE_ENFORCE]
[NAME:no reaction]
[BUILDING:PLACEHOLDER_WORKSHOP:NONE]
[REAGENT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:BLACK_BRONZE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3093 on: August 06, 2015, 08:10:12 pm »

I'll have to try that, though copying all the reactions for these mats will be a PITA. Will edit with success/failure of current method.

EDIT: Giving them Furnace Operator didn't work. I'll try the placeholder reactions now.

EDIT 2: Dummy reactions don't seem to work either. Let me try removing the material requirements...

EDIT 3: No idea how to convince it to work. Here's a sample one, no errors are being reported.
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:BRASS_INFUSING_PLACEHOLDER]
[NAME:fuse wood with brass (use ore)]
[BUILDING:PLACEHOLDER:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:8:WOOD:NONE:PLANT_MAT:BRASSWOOD:WOOD]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 09:32:29 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: August 06, 2015, 10:46:19 pm »

I'm not sure, but maybe only metals work when it comes to getting materials from reactions in worldgen? Could you try to change that from plant to inorganic?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3095 on: August 07, 2015, 03:00:21 am »

Unrelated question: I keep getting this error:
FALLEN:Unrecognized Creature Token: SELECT_ADDITONAL_CASTE

followed by a bajillion errors occurring because the game can't find limbs to punch/bite/kick with on the castes I attempted to select. The strange thing is that SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE is working on the previous set of body part assignments, as they are generating no errors.

EDIT: Brute-forced through it by just using SELECT_CASTE and declaring the body over and over, but still wondering what caused the above behavior.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 03:12:06 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: August 07, 2015, 03:37:56 am »

SELECT_ADDITONAL_CASTE

instead of SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3097 on: August 07, 2015, 04:07:31 am »

...Goddamnit.

Alright, followup question: any way to control the size of armor produced: I wanna get armor to fit all of my fallen castes, which range from slightly larger than a human to about 5x the size of one. This shouldn't be an issue for NPC-only fallen, but should I decide to make them playable the ability would be nice.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 06:26:34 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

MoonMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: August 07, 2015, 07:48:18 pm »

Quick plant modding question: I'm trying to add saffron and I almost have it right but for some reason when the dwarves harvest it from a field they grab both the plant (crocus) and the "leaves" (saffron threads). I basically copied the Quarry Bush raws so I thought it would behave like a quarry bush, where they harvest ONLY the plant and then use up the plant processing the leaves to a bag. Does anyone know how I can make them not produce "leaves" when they harvest the plant? (the biome being underground is just to make them easier to test)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: August 08, 2015, 12:19:42 pm »

Quick plant modding question: I'm trying to add saffron and I almost have it right but for some reason when the dwarves harvest it from a field they grab both the plant (crocus) and the "leaves" (saffron threads). I basically copied the Quarry Bush raws so I thought it would behave like a quarry bush, where they harvest ONLY the plant and then use up the plant processing the leaves to a bag. Does anyone know how I can make them not produce "leaves" when they harvest the plant? (the biome being underground is just to make them easier to test)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think it might be because Quarry Bushes and leaves are Linked through a Farmers workshop reaction,not sure if having a workshop reaction will prevent dwarves from picking leaves and plant,but if it doesn't you could take the threads off of the crocus, make a dummy plant with saffron threads and a reaction that turns a crocus into seeds and saffron threads

Id also like to point out that saffron threads are picked in the field in RL,so the way you have it now is more on the realistic side.
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: August 08, 2015, 08:19:56 pm »

Small question, though I may be just very dumb, but how do I remove the default civs? I've deleted dwarves, elves, goblins, and humans from the entity_default because I'm running the Vilous mod and I'd rather just have the civs from there. The next world I generated still had the dwarves and such still. Did I miss something?

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: August 08, 2015, 08:27:28 pm »

did you remove creature and entity files?Does one of the civs you want to play as have the CIV_CONTROLLABLE tag?.
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: August 08, 2015, 08:46:26 pm »

If you had deleted them they wouldn't be there .. you probably manipulated files in the wrong folder on your computer, forgot to save your work, ran a df.exe from a vanilla DF folder that didn't contain your mod, etc.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: August 09, 2015, 01:29:11 am »

I feel like it might've been reading the backup I had forgotten to move out of the raws, haha. Though that would've likely causes other issues. Anyway, I also deleted the creature files and moved the backup and the next world I generated did so properly with no dwarves, elves, etc, so yaay. I was just dumb :V

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: August 09, 2015, 10:10:48 pm »

I'm working on adding minotaurs as an additional race. They don't seem to use the race-specific weapons I added to them.

Spoiler: item_mod.txt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: entity_mod.txt (click to show/hide)

A siege of 11 minotaurs showed up at a fort after about three years. None of them were wielding the weighted whips, the greatclaws, or any other custom weapon. Can someone explain why?

Additionally, I'm having problems with the warlord position. It seems that only demons and other masquerading creatures can take the role. My goal was that each minotaur civ would have a single warlord at all times, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong to achieve that. It seems that the race usually gets a Lord or Lady sooner or later, even though I explicitly removed the [VARIABLE_POSITIONS] tags. Can someone explain what's going on?

Lastly, is there a good way to engage the civilization in constant war with other races WITHOUT adding the [BABYSNATCHER] tag? Minotaurs would just as soon eat stolen children as train them to be members of the civ, so the current behavior with that tag is extremely unrealistic.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 247