Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 327294 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3000 on: July 14, 2015, 04:25:10 pm »

the position matters only in cases where castes are selected or materials/tissues etc. are being defined

Ulfgard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: July 14, 2015, 05:34:29 pm »

Most excellent. Thank you, good sir.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: July 15, 2015, 06:41:56 pm »

Is there a way to make a (spawned) creature reliably violent without a nuclear option like CRAZED or PRONE_TO_RAGE?  I gave them LARGE_PREDATOR and dialed up some personality traits, but they still scamper away from dwarves when given the chance.  They even get attacked by wildlife rather than attack them.

Unfortunately the spawn-unit script doesn't return a creature ID, so I don't have the option to manipulate its mind directly.  At least not without going back to a custom spawner intertwined with mod logic.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: July 15, 2015, 07:41:08 pm »

It does return a creature ID if you use it with script-environment. I think I may be using a custom spawn-unit version for that, though. See Sparking's shadow-dragon script.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: July 15, 2015, 08:06:49 pm »

It does return a creature ID if you use it with script-environment. I think I may be using a custom spawn-unit version for that, though. See Sparking's shadow-dragon script.
Thanks, I'll check that out when I get a chance.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: July 16, 2015, 01:40:56 am »

Just now dipping my toes into the modding scene a bit harder, building a personal-use vanilla variant that alters a bunch of creature tags and adds a few new critters, and I'm curious about tag redundancies. In modding (for example) Wolverines and Giant wolverines, I added [TRAINABLE_HUNTING] to the former and [TRAINABLE] to the latter. However, since the Giant variant copies tags from the normal one, will it wind up with [TRAINABLE_HUNTING] and [TRAINABLE], or will one take precedence?

This is more important for cases where the small variant has [TRAINABLE] and the giant variant has [TRAINABLE_<specific>].

Also, are there any good resources aside from the Wiki modding guide for building new bodies and explaining the relationships between parts and tissues and stuff? It's all a little confusing diving in right away, and I'm trying to make griffins from scratch, and I think I'm headed in the right direction but more help would be really nice.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: July 16, 2015, 01:46:47 am »

[TRAINABLE_HUNTING] is a subset of [TRAINABLE], so anything that has [TRAINABLE] will have [TRAINABLE_X]

To fix this for giant variants, use [CV_REMOVE_TAG:TRAINABLE] after [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:GIANT_WHATEVER] but before [APPLY_CURRENT_CREATURE_VARIATION]

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: July 16, 2015, 05:26:00 pm »

Is there a clean way to add [STANCE] tags to all of a Giant octopus's tentacles so that it can use some standard walking gaits, since I want to mod them to be amphibious?

(It's not so far-fetched, really, look up videos of octopi on YouTube. They are totally amphibious.)
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: July 17, 2015, 10:22:46 am »

Is there a clean way to add [STANCE] tags to all of a Giant octopus's tentacles so that it can use some standard walking gaits

The tentacles use the 8_SIMPLE_HEAD_ARMS entry in body_default, you can stick it on em there. You also probably want to remove IMMOBILE_LAND from the creature def.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: July 17, 2015, 12:42:07 pm »

Is there a clean way to add [STANCE] tags to all of a Giant octopus's tentacles so that it can use some standard walking gaits

The tentacles use the 8_SIMPLE_HEAD_ARMS entry in body_default, you can stick it on em there. You also probably want to remove IMMOBILE_LAND from the creature def.

I did remove that tag. I'm worried that adding [STANCE] tags to all the tentacles will mess up the normal octopus, though, and anything else that uses that body.

I think the gait should work without [STANCE] parts, right? Creatures like floating guts move without any stance parts...

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: July 17, 2015, 01:00:51 pm »

You should be able to add stance to just your creature: look at how the geldable tag is added to make dwarves.

Or copy-paste the body plan into your own file and refer to that one.
Just got back, updating:

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: July 17, 2015, 05:50:07 pm »

Is there any way to - DFHack included - cause Time Lord-esque "regenerations?" As in, when mortally wounded, activate an interaction that fully heals oneself after a short period of time if he's not dead yet (new randomized body+mind is a plus).

Limits to twelve regenerations not possible AFAIK (though it seems one regeneration would be because of creature transformation mechanics?).

Currently I'm considering having a special syndrome to apply to my Time Lords when they come in contact with their own blood to cause the single regeneration shown above (although other Time Lords could touch it and regenerate even when not injured).
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:54:15 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: July 17, 2015, 05:58:41 pm »

A transformation effect comes to mind. Units are fully healed upon a transformation. Though making it work only when mortally wounded may be a bit tricky. You can set it to turn on when they flee from battle, at the least.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: July 17, 2015, 08:57:46 pm »

A transformation effect comes to mind. Units are fully healed upon a transformation. Though making it work only when mortally wounded may be a bit tricky. You can set it to turn on when they flee from battle, at the least.
How would that work? I want to have my Time Lords as a playable civ, and I haven't seen any player-controlled military retreat from battle unless you cancel the kill order or burrow them inside.

Is it possible to create body parts with custom tissue layers, such that a damaged organ would release syndrome material? That way a vital organ (such as a heart) could trigger the regeneration effect when damaged.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: July 17, 2015, 09:05:54 pm »

Is it possible to create body parts with custom tissue layers, such that a damaged organ would release syndrome material? That way a vital organ (such as a heart) could trigger the regeneration effect when damaged.
This wiki link might help
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 247