Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 327055 times)

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2835 on: June 20, 2015, 06:08:40 pm »

Are vampire, werebeast and necromancy interactions hardcoded or can they be changed/deleted?
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: June 20, 2015, 06:16:28 pm »

They are hardcoded.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: June 20, 2015, 07:50:49 pm »

To elaborate, if you set vampires and such to 0 and add in different interactions of your own then only those will show up last I checked.

Lukander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: June 20, 2015, 07:53:32 pm »

They are sort of hardcoded(see points 1 & 2)

1.To be precise vanilla necromancy secrets, werebeast and vampire curses are procedurally generated at world gen. Changing some of your world gen settings can limit their number or eliminate them altogether. But not change them(see point 2.)

2. There are example versions in the interaction examples folder. You can make customized variations on these, and then have them in your own custom interactions RAWs. They will be used in world gen just like the Vanilla procedural ones. Even when you set it to not create the vanilla ones at world gen.

EDIT: more ranty version of what Max™ said  :P

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: June 20, 2015, 07:55:54 pm »

Who would like to see a giant phantom spider? A bit smaller than the giant cave spider, a non-deadly poison that causes severe pain for a long time, trap immune, very slow flight, and even more expensive silk than the giant cave spiders? It'd only show up in evil+savage areas, and less often than other creatures. Who'd like to see that?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Lukander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: June 21, 2015, 05:26:44 pm »

Anyone know how to use the [APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:X:X:X:X:X:X] token to weight the odds for a intervals in the [BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:(any)BP:X:X:X:X:X:X:X] and [BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:(height/broadness/length):X:X:X:X:X:X:X] tokens?

The Wiki is less than useful(it links to a forum post, in which the relevant image link has succumbed to bit-rot).

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: June 21, 2015, 06:33:56 pm »

Abandonning briefly my 34.11 fortress, i decided to give another try to DF2014 with an attempt as finding a way to try to work around the no invaders and short lived wars, i decided to give a try in creating a creature and an entity that would basically be enemy to everyone, making sure that :

- they have REQUIRED to every (so it would conflict a lot with the other entities) ETHIC (except the kill entity member, i didn't wanted them to kill themselves before they could make a site)
- originally both creature and entity are based on kobold so they lay eggs, i made it so they have between 4 and 8 eggs by litter, the goal was to have their number forcing them to expand and be able to send armies after armies even if one is defeated thanks to their big numbers
- i made them starting in a dark fortress (i tried to keep them in cave but they didn't do anything in there)  and give them all the other sites as LIKES (so they would emigrate to elf/dwarf/human/gob sites)
- i gave the creatures [CRAZED] and [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] in order to have them being the utter enemy of everyone else, so even if war would still be rare for whatever reason, emigration would still be as deadly as an army attack
- i gave the entity [START_BIOME:ANY_LAND] [SETTLEMENT_BIOME:ANY_LAND] [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_LAND:5] so they wouldn't be limited by the terrain
- they have [UTTERANCES] and their entity has [SKULKING] to avoid any diplomacy or trading with them.

- i have not worked on any of their physical traits, they're basically kobolds physically for now.

Good thing : they spawn, and in adventure mode you better not go in any of their site unprepared, they all hate your guts so much that they will attack and try to murder you on sight, don't expect mercy , they want you dead, and they want you dead NOW.

Problem 1 : they don't really expand and just overpopulate silly their starting area.
Problem 2 : they don't send any migrant anywhere (as they're not listed in any other sites and other sites overpopulate with no report of any of the monsters having fought anyone in there)
Problem 3 : they don't go at war with anyone and none go at war with them .

Here are the raws in case someone can spot the source of those annoyance
the creature_annihilator.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

the entity_annihilator.txt :

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: June 21, 2015, 06:44:02 pm »

I suggest: making them a bit bigger than a human, giving them steel, only the best of each weapon and armour, maybe not making them egg layers. From my experience, egg layers don't expand much... My Draconians really don't fight as much as they should.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: June 21, 2015, 06:59:02 pm »

I'll try to change their reproduction method, though it's odd that egg layer don't expand much, but with the various DF oddities, what's one more ?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: June 21, 2015, 07:17:26 pm »

And ... it worked !
thanks , amazing that just removing all the egg laying and replacing it by [LITTERSIZE:4:8] changed the willingness to expand and migrate of my monsters.

I wonder if it's intended by Toady to have egg layers behaving like that or if it's just another bug ?

Anyways the whole southern zone of my world has seen lots of dark pits popping up  everywhere :
And even some result of migration with the monsters having annihilated the original owners of those sites.

Still they're not going at war with anyone and none is going at war with them, i'll have to find why, as even if the migration can be used as war due to their crazed and opposed to life tokens, still proper massive armies would be good as i am hoping to have fortress mode having sieges instead of the near nothing df2014 has.
edit : oops, i clicked reply instead of modify, sorry for double post.

edit 2 : my bad, it wasn't migration that gave them the elf/human sites, it was reclaim of those sites that had been plundered by wars between other civs
I looked in the historical figures and noticed none of my monsters ever killed anyone (maybe because of their current kobold-like physical attribute), a few were killed by some monsters tough, but still nothing approaching a conflict with the regular dwarf/human/elf/gobs
Hmm, i really wonder what is going on with that on the raws.

edit 3 : removed [SKULKING] from entity and now they go at war and they can fight ( though i increase their size and weapons and gave them positions (variable instead of manual king/etc entries) )
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 08:13:11 pm by Robsoie »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: June 21, 2015, 07:24:41 pm »

I think it's to do with a "stay by the next" mentality.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: June 21, 2015, 08:29:58 pm »

Noticed that worldgen does not respect the [CRAZED] and [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] as i'm still seeing mixed species in my monsters owned (with thousands) sites while with such token they should have exterminated them.
I even changed the kill member ethic to acceptable and it still does not work as it should, i can see dwarves/elves/gobs/humans listed in the monsters sites.

Disapointing for the goal of having a common absolute enemy to everyone in the world, oh well ...
at least in adventure mode they're like they should be.

Now i'll have to test for fortress mode , in the hope sieges that nearly never happen anymore will happen a bit more with those things, and then back to 34.11

for those interested, here's current status of those annihilators :

creature_annihilator.txt

entity_annihilator.txt
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 08:34:53 pm by Robsoie »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: June 22, 2015, 09:54:11 pm »

1: Are entities limited to three types of coins?
2: Can coins be made from things other than metal?
3: If so, is this okay?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: June 22, 2015, 09:58:59 pm »

I don't see why they would be limited to three. Though the token argument expects an inorganic token, so you can't have something like wooden coins for elves. Stone types should be fine though.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: June 22, 2015, 10:06:59 pm »

1. no

2. yes

3. yes
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 247