Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 327017 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2610 on: May 23, 2015, 09:17:20 pm »

Hey, made a bush to grow in deserts. It's not showing up at all, I've checked fifteen deserts and stayed a few months each. Why isn't it showing up? Here's it's raws.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: May 23, 2015, 09:20:20 pm »

Deserts just don't spawn any shrubs for that to appear among them, I believe.

Wait no that's not true. Hang on.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 09:25:52 pm by scamtank »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: May 23, 2015, 09:22:22 pm »

Oh, okay. Guess it'll have to go elsewhere... Any suggestions where I can put a super expensive plant, making the highest value dye and beer?
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: May 23, 2015, 09:26:18 pm »

On second thought, you're missing the [DRY] tag. I'd have assumed it defaults to something in its absence, but it could be the cincher.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: May 23, 2015, 09:32:40 pm »

Ah, thanks. I'll gen a new world now then, also forgot to change the dye's name. Thanks.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: May 23, 2015, 10:23:05 pm »

Still not finding them, but I'll just fix it later. Still working on a new tree, it should show up more.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2616 on: May 24, 2015, 05:50:13 am »

Hey, made a bush to grow in deserts. It's not showing up at all, I've checked fifteen deserts and stayed a few months each. Why isn't it showing up? Here's it's raws.
   [BIOME:DESERT_BADLAND]
   [BIOME:DESERT_ROCK]
   [BIOME:DESERT_SAND]
   [SAVAGE]
Savage deserts are probably very rare. I bet all the 15 deserts you tried were not "high savagery". Try without savage, and frequency 30.
If you want it to be super rare, maybe... GOOD or EVIL + SAVAGE + FOREST_TROPICAL_DRY_BROADLEAF.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: May 24, 2015, 08:42:31 am »

Come on, now. Surely we can expect the guy to look in places with the big yellow "Untamed Wilds" sign.

I know I did. I copied the raws from right there to mine and started generating worlds. Conclusion: it's working fine, the missing [DRY]-tag doesn't have an effect, it's just getting drowned out by rye and prickle berries and lentils and barley and all the other crap that's only controlled by [BIOME:NOT_FREEZING]. Up the FREQUENCY to 200-300 and you'll see it popping up in sand deserts (rocky wastes and badlands just don't have vegetation).

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: May 24, 2015, 11:08:25 am »

Thanks Scamtank! Yeah, I found them now. And they produce dye 50% more expensive than the normal, and beer even more expensive than sun berries, so I changed them to only savage tropical dry areas, and put the frequency up by... 1. They show up once in a while, and my one brewer who likes golden cherries is basically running across the map to grab them.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: May 24, 2015, 12:29:15 pm »

Hey, new problem, same plant. The golden dye isn't being used, I keep getting "needs unrotten dye item" when there's a ton of golden dye sitting around. This has persisted for months, almost an entire game year.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: May 24, 2015, 12:31:13 pm »

Unless you've been doing other things, I don't think GOLDEN_POWDER is a valid color token.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: May 24, 2015, 12:33:44 pm »

Ah, thanks. Yep, feeling like an idiot for that one... Ohwell, my next world will have golden dye.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: May 24, 2015, 01:47:15 pm »

Behold, the Ontos! A fifth the size of an elephant, wool covered, humanoid, hoofed beast. The males have tusks and horns. They produce products the same cost as an elephants, travel in packs of 1-5, and their wool is 20% more expensive than a giant cave sipder's silk. They only appear where ogres would, more often, and in savage areas. They are a large predator, too. (Basically, it's a killer sheep-minotaur hybrid)

Here's it's raws. Any problems that anyone can see, before I gen a new world? I can't find any.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 01:50:04 pm by StagnantSoul »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2623 on: May 24, 2015, 02:16:18 pm »

Behold, the Ontos! A fifth the size of an elephant, wool covered, humanoid, hoofed beast. The males have tusks and horns. They produce products the same cost as an elephants, travel
Perhaps give them some skills, and vocalizations? Different description on male and female. Woolly minotaurs, are they?
and maybe reduce their crawling speed a little, 12kph crawling is quite speedy.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: May 24, 2015, 02:50:00 pm »

Good idea. I'll give them 1 in those skills, and include the sounds. Fixed a few things, changed it both are humanoid and have tails. Tested it out, three elephants destroy five them without casualty, and two elephants get wrecked by five of them. A single mountain dragon slaughters through them without effort, a purgatory wolf takes a minute but kills them, equal amounts of rhinos lose out, giraffes can't touch them, haven't tested the big cats yet. Dwarves in moderate iron armour and weapons slaughter them without effort.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 247