Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 327050 times)

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2565 on: May 12, 2015, 07:05:50 am »

After blundering around with tissue templates and body detail plans and other horrors, I ask if there is any simpler way to make a race who has caste-specific elemental resistances? Say I wanted to have an ice-proof caste, and a fire-proof caste (in the literal sence: I have found out that "fire immune" doesn't seem to account for things such as the background temperature rising above the tolerance for a creature's tissues, only blocking the effects of fire attacks).
  • Move all castes before tissues are set down but after materials are first introduced.
  • Put all your needed proofing materials down with slightly different IDs (use USE_MATERIAL:<NEWMATERIALID>:<OLDMATERIALID> to make select copies of existing materials, alterations go below/after the line using material tokens).
  • Do a SELECT_CASTE:ALL followed by the tissue introduction BodyDetailPlans.
  • Now SELECT_CASTE:<CASTEID>. Then SELECT_TISSUE and then TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:<NEWMATERIALID> for every tissue that will use a proofed material.
  • Repeat step4 with all proofed castes so their tissues lead to proofed materials.
  • Now proceed with your regular creature making.
When doing this take into account that materials keep getting added in all the way until the spit interaction (assuming using sentient RAWs as a base) and some of them will need proofed materials for survival. A prime example is blood but sinew is a close second.

Thank you, though I've found that it seems to work in a rather haphazard fashion:

Creatures of the ice caste won't die from cold damage, but they still suffer from it in concentrated attacks and can suffer frostbite, whire creatures of the fire caste are all over the place: they'll sometimes melt in lava after four turns of swimming, or they might be able to spend all day in the pool with minimal consequences other then drowning. They also still suffer from the background heat issue: their tissues will melt if the surrounding temperature becomes too high be it from weather or enough concentrated fire attacks.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DFMon.exe - Get rid of DF SPAM
« Reply #2566 on: May 13, 2015, 04:52:40 am »

This seems to be a good place to ask. What determines if a creature will give a tannable hide when slaughtered?

jason0320

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: May 13, 2015, 05:24:35 am »

How can I make a race that besides of food, drink and sleep, need to consume a spectacular thing or preform a spectacular interaction to survive, or suffer negative status that lead to death?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: May 13, 2015, 05:30:09 am »

This seems to be a good place to ask. What determines if a creature will give a tannable hide when slaughtered?
Their skin's material template has this token:

Code: [Select]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:LEATHER]
It says that reactions that ask for TAN_MAT and defer the product's material with GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT will put out things made of $creature leather.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2569 on: May 13, 2015, 10:43:58 am »

How can I make a race that besides of food, drink and sleep, need to consume a spectacular thing or preform a spectacular interaction to survive, or suffer negative status that lead to death?
Perhaps they exude a sweat, or contain a blood, that causes infections and fatigue and nausea. Infections can be fatal. And they need to make an interaction like cat_headbump or dog_buttsniff on a friendly, in order to gain something positive (I don't know how) that negates the bad effect. I know that too long paralysis duration causes suffocation death.
( [CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:500:PROB:80:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:0:PEAK:40:END:200] death by suffocation. )

Maybe constant minor bleeding? And the needed interaction transforms them into a new creature, thus replenishing all blood supply.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

SMASH!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: May 13, 2015, 12:57:49 pm »

Question: can I modify existing interactions? Should I copy files from interaction examples folder to objects? I just want to remove bonus strength and toughness from zombies.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: May 13, 2015, 01:23:51 pm »

Question: can I modify existing interactions? Should I copy files from interaction examples folder to objects? I just want to remove bonus strength and toughness from zombies.
Zombies in Vanilla have 3 sources: Necromancers, Mummies, and Biome interactions. Such a thing also requires using AdvWorldGen exclusively to disable the vanilla ones and having a Raw version of each zombie source you want. If you give a damn about DFmode then it is between Necrozoms and Biomezoms. I will detail Necrozoms.

Spoiler: interaction_x (click to show/hide)
This goes in the raw/objects folder with a file name starting with "interaction_"; the name usually matches the first line. To get these exclusively you need to gen a world without generated secrets every time you generate a world. You can also alter data\init\world_gen.txt to have gen options with [SECRET_NUMBER:0] to make this easier or do that through AdvWorldGen itself.

Biomezoms are far more annoying because vanilla generates many interactions with separate or combined effects and you must detail every single one you want to appear. And Biome interactions are very diverse(any combination of husk clouds, weird rain, and reanimation).
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

SMASH!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: May 13, 2015, 01:34:58 pm »

So, default random interactions are hardcoded? Damn.  :'( Thanks for the reply btw.

NEANDERTHAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: May 13, 2015, 06:18:44 pm »

Can anyone tell me what's wrong here with this concrete material? I can make the workshop, I can do the reaction, but it doesn't make anything.

Here's the RAWs:

material_template_default
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

inorganic_metal

reaction_default

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: May 13, 2015, 06:31:38 pm »

Should be [PRODUCT:100:10:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:CONCRETE] You are missing the item subtype argument.

Similarly, it should be [REAGENT:A:1:ANY_RAW_MATERIAL:NONE:NONE:NONE]

jason0320

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: May 13, 2015, 06:55:55 pm »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: May 14, 2015, 10:34:49 am »

Why is it in the metal raw file again? :D

I have a working concrete reaction in my older Fallout/wasteland mod, you can borrow it if you like. There I make concrete from sand and rocks.

P.S.

[REACTION:ALCHEMY_20]
   [NAME:make cement blocks]
   [BUILDING:CALCINATOR:CUSTOM_C]
   [REAGENT:rock:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]
   [REAGENT:sand:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SAND]
   [REAGENT:bag:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][BAG][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT][CONTAINS:sand]
   [PRODUCT:100:10:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:CEMENT]
   [SKILL:ALCHEMY]

I've added [REACTION_CLASS:SAND] to sands which can be used for making cement.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 04:28:00 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2577 on: May 14, 2015, 05:03:44 pm »

I've added [REACTION_CLASS:SAND] to sands which can be used for making cement.
I might add [REACTION_CLASS:cementcomponent] to limestone, stones similar to limestone, chalk, marlstone, shale, clay, slate, (pure, no soil part) sand, and iron ores.
And require the class on both stone half and sand half, would be nice.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:07:29 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: May 15, 2015, 08:58:56 pm »

Hello~
Would anyone happen to know which raw file I'd modify, and which section/how to make my dorfs able to use a type of weapon (mauls for example)
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: May 15, 2015, 09:01:18 pm »

entity_default, under ENTITY:MOUNTAIN
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 247