Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 327952 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1665 on: December 07, 2014, 05:15:08 pm »

Is there a way to get a creature to throw boulders? Like a fireball, but boulder tossing instead?

If you mean ripping boulders out of the ground, then no. If you mean actually using a BOULDER type item, also no, unless it is an item cloud.

But a material emission can emit a solid or liquid glob of any material you want, including inorganics.

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: December 07, 2014, 05:21:30 pm »

So say what would actually happen if a creature were to emit a solid glob of granite? As I was typing this question I realized that magma crabs shoot solid basalt globs. I admit I haven't gotten that deep on any of my forts yet, so I don't know - how effective is this attack? How does this glob behave? Is it possible to edit the size of this solid glob? Those are some questions that I feel will lead to answers for you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: December 07, 2014, 05:24:10 pm »

1. Fairly effective, it causes damage.
2. Like any thrown object.
3. No.

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: December 07, 2014, 05:59:49 pm »

What happens to the globs afterwards? Can dwarves gather it, use it, melt it down? Or do you just end up with a bunch of useless litter scattered around your halls?

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: December 07, 2014, 06:01:04 pm »

Dwarves clean globs unless the material has [DO_NOT_CLEAN_GLOB], so they would be gone.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: December 08, 2014, 04:42:42 am »

Two questions. First, is it correct to say that all one needs to do to port a mod from .40.13 to .40.19 is to add stepladders and geldable tag to body parts? Second, what happens when an intelligent civ creature has the GRAZER token?
I do stuff, I guess

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: December 08, 2014, 05:52:41 am »

Civilizations need permission to have gelders and access to the new ITEM_TOOL_STEPLADDER tool.

For male creatures that you want to have an on-off reproduction switch, add a bodypart modification line to the male caste, like this:
Code: [Select]
[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_TYPE:LOWERBODY][BP_ADD_TYPE:GELDABLE]

Also, the [LIKES_FIGHTING] tag has been decommissioned. Get rid of those, they do nothing now.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: December 08, 2014, 04:13:35 pm »

Also, the [LIKES_FIGHTING] tag has been decommissioned. Get rid of those, they do nothing now.

Really? What about BENIGN, which was basically its opposite?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: December 08, 2014, 09:24:22 pm »

Do non-vanilla custom BPs get added to procedurally genned monsters?  Say if I append the trunk with teeth or a create a new three-legged bodypart?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: December 08, 2014, 09:36:32 pm »

Do non-vanilla custom BPs get added to procedurally genned monsters?  Say if I append the trunk with teeth or a create a new three-legged bodypart?

Fairly certain that randomized creatures use preset body parts. Specifically the body parts in the file called 'body_rcp.txt'.

I may be wrong though. I haven't really looked into it before.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: December 08, 2014, 11:43:06 pm »

You can alter the properties of the individual bits, but the selection they use is definitely hardcoded.

Triskelli

• Bay Watcher
  • A man of wealth and taste
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: December 09, 2014, 04:00:48 pm »

Trying to make feathered dinosaurs, but feathers are listed in the tissue template as subordinate to skin only.  I've tried adding a line for Scales but no dice.  Advice?

[TISSUE_TEMPLATE:FEATHER_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_NAME:feather:STP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:FEATHER]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:2]
[SUBORDINATE_TO_TISSUE:SKIN]
[SUBORDINATE_TO_TISSUE:SCALE]
[INSULATION:100]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:FEATHERS]

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: December 09, 2014, 04:43:03 pm »

Just pasted the dire wolf to the raws, and they're officially part of the world!  Haven't seen 'em in action, but if legends mode is anything to go by, these guys don't fuck around.  One of them ate a grizzly bear, two trolls, a cougar, a sasquatch(!), and even a regular-sized wolf.  So I guess you could say it's a...

/sunglasses

...dog-eat-dog world.

But Triskelli's question is pretty relevant for me, actually.  I want my wolf-eagle hybrids (aquiloups) to have mostly-furry bodies and feathered wings, as well as big nasty talons on all four feet.  How do?

Just as importantly, how feasible are giant fluffy wamblers that you can shear for their fluff?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: December 09, 2014, 07:19:40 pm »

Trying to make feathered dinosaurs, but feathers are listed in the tissue template as subordinate to skin only.  I've tried adding a line for Scales but no dice.  Advice?

Do the creatures have a feather tissue/body detail plan defined within their raws?

I want my wolf-eagle hybrids (aquiloups) to have mostly-furry bodies and feathered wings, as well as big nasty talons on all four feet.  How do?

Just as importantly, how feasible are giant fluffy wamblers that you can shear for their fluff?

Could create a body detail plan to place fur on the bodies and feathers on the wings. Or use the TISSUE_LAYER token to specify the fur/feather locations manually.

Talons are already in-game. They are basically just renamed nails. For an in-game example, the Roc has these lines:
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TALON:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:TALON:TALON_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:TALON:FRONT]

As for fluffy wamblers, they can be made shearable. Just about anything can, I guess. To make it shearable, you may have to remove their vermin status. Though I'm guessing you were going to do that already, judging by the fact that they would be giant. To make them shearable, you could copy raws from other shearable creatures.

To do this, just add [YARN] underneath the wambler's fluff definition, like so:
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FLUFF:HAIR_TEMPLATE]
 [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:fluff]
 [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:fluff]
 [YARN]

Then select the tissue and mark it as shearable. You can do this by adding these lines into the wambler's definition:
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:FLUFF]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:WHITE:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:fluff:SINGULAR]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:fluff:SINGULAR]
[APP_MOD_RATE:1:DAILY:0:300:0:0:NO_END]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:10:50:100:150:200:300]
[SHEARABLE_TISSUE_LAYER:LENGTH:300]

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: December 13, 2014, 07:00:01 am »

Hi all,

For those who have delved into farming ‼science‼, I was wondering if anyone has managed to make a plant yield multiple growths.

This thing does produce fruit, and the fruit does process properly into booze and seeds, but the other growths that are supposed to appear aren't.  It's not random either, every single plant has produced one or two fruit.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The error log is clear (other than camp-forever messages).  Removing the fruit makes the plant vanish entirely when the farmer comes by to pick it.  Does this mean that non-food GROWTH_ITEMs just don't work?

Edit: This thing was originally based on the strawberry plant, which the wiki says is bugged.  So, it will probably need to be rebuilt from scratch.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 07:09:30 am by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 247