Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47

Author Topic: "Upon the High Seas: Age of Abandon" - 3.5 DnD OOC Thread [Full]  (Read 37816 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think you might fall off. Or it might collaspe under your wieght.

SHEET IS DONE?!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

One day...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I ride it? I'm small. I bet we can even graft wings onto it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's an absolutely horrible idea so yes.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I can figure out how to make it breath fire acid too, we'll paint it black, and call it a Juvenile Black Dragon.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Best animal companion ever.

Also, unrelated, does anyone else think that the sketches for the different races look like they're trying to seduce you or am I just sleep deprived?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Sheet's done.

Don't worry, I'm not planning on going into the sheer depths of dubious smelly cheese that that might initially indicate. The basic character concept is thus: ancient granny Amethyst Dragonwrought Kobold used to managing problems is sick and tired of kobolds being victims and jokes in the eyes of the other races, decides to zap two problems with one ranged touch attack by going out adventuring to develop her arcane power.

As far as the initial level-one sources go, here:
Kobolds as characters.
Dragonwrought.
Orb of Fire, Lesser.

A brief explanation of dragonwrought kobolds if you don't know how they work: you're typed as a true dragon, meaning that when you advance in age categories you gain the mental stat bonuses without taking the physical stat reductions, so a Great Wyrm/venerable DWK gains +3WIS/INT/CHA. Classifying them as true dragons also opens the door for all sorts of cheese which I'm going to avoid. If I wanted to be broken, I'd have just rolled up an optimized cleric or druid. :V

Also, sub-10lb light carry capacity, huehuehue.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

By the way, working on a (probably waitlist) character, is Aquatic Human, Bardic Sage class variant, and the Amphibious template (savage species, but there's a transcription of it here) acceptable?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

So...
Currently making me a character, a Wizard, and I have a question.
Which specializatin, if any, should I choose, and which school should I give up?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sheet's done.

Don't worry, I'm not planning on going into the sheer depths of dubious smelly cheese that that might initially indicate. The basic character concept is thus: ancient granny Amethyst Dragonwrought Kobold used to managing problems is sick and tired of kobolds being victims and jokes in the eyes of the other races, decides to zap two problems with one ranged touch attack by going out adventuring to develop her arcane power.

As far as the initial level-one sources go, here:
Kobolds as characters.
Dragonwrought.
Orb of Fire, Lesser.

A brief explanation of dragonwrought kobolds if you don't know how they work: you're typed as a true dragon, meaning that when you advance in age categories you gain the mental stat bonuses without taking the physical stat reductions, so a Great Wyrm/venerable DWK gains +3WIS/INT/CHA. Classifying them as true dragons also opens the door for all sorts of cheese which I'm going to avoid. If I wanted to be broken, I'd have just rolled up an optimized cleric or druid. :V

Also, sub-10lb light carry capacity, huehuehue.
Nerjin already banned me from taking Dragonwrought.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Soo, anyone mind helping me make my sheet?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Soo, anyone mind helping me make my sheet?
I could, I guess.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

-snip-
Nerjin already banned me from taking Dragonwrought.
Meh, whatevs. I'll roll up a Factotum, assuming Nerjin allows it.

hehe, full disclosure: I was considering trying to convince Nerjin to let me play a Petal (MMIII). Which would be super-awesome. LA+2, Tiny fey, 15' move/60' fly, -8STR/+10DEX/+4CON/+4INT/+8CHA, Sleep Songs, DR/5 Cold Iron. They're listed as cohort-only, but RAW considers that to be a suggestion, and it's pretty frequently houseruled. Because playing that would have absurd amounts of potential for interesting RP.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:50:30 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47