Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47

Author Topic: "Upon the High Seas: Age of Abandon" - 3.5 DnD OOC Thread [Full]  (Read 37773 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Link.

It is rather cheesy, but it only gets powergamy when you do the weird tricks with sorcerer and the dragon type.
Effectively +3 to all mental stats, immunity to sleep and paralysis... it's a pretty damn powerful feat.

Waitlist me if there's no room. Sheet soon, I'll bring out a dread necromancer.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Link.

It is rather cheesy, but it only gets powergamy when you do the weird tricks with sorcerer and the dragon type.
Effectively +3 to all mental stats
Assuming you abuse age.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile

For when the GM inevitably gets back on, are doppelgangers allowed? http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/doppelganger.htm. And is the Complete warrior book allowed as I want to make a swashbuckler http://dndtools.eu/classes/swashbuckler/. If that's all approved my sheet's here http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=951152   
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

The Doppelganger has +4 LA ; this means that you could use the Doppelganger if we were starting at level 5.
I doubt the GM will allow it.

Edit: And it has 4 racial hit dice. Actually making it's effective level 8, plus any class levels.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Doppelganger has +4 LA ; this means that you could use the Doppelganger if we were starting at level 5.

Edit: And it has 4 racial hit dice. Actually making it's effective level 8, plus any class levels.
I never said I was good at this...

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just sharing what I know. You won't get good at this if you don't learn and practice, right?
Save the Doppelganger for a higher level campaign. :) There will be one where you can use it sometime later.
The Cyan Menace

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just sharing what I know. You won't get good at this if you don't learn and practice, right?
Save the Doppelganger for a higher level campaign. :) There will be one where you can use it sometime later.
Thanks though, first time I actually done this. Would you mind if you explain how skills work? I know how to calculate the points, just not how I use said points. Preferably via PM.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just play a changling instead. I think they're in Races of Eberron.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

I'd recommend some sort of warrior style class for the dwarf. How about Paladin?

In the hopes that I'm not to late, or that I can waitlist, I'm building a True Neutral Spontaneous Cleric. In case the Spontaneous Divine variant gets approved.

Alternatively, I have a homebrew class bookmarked that I could ask for approval on. Ooh, it would actually work perfect for you, Blitz.
Evolutionist; second revision. Truth be told, I preferred the First Revision, but the table on it broke when the forum it's on was revised. The Original version isn't worth mention. Permission for Blitz to be a Evolutionist?

Um... Yes to the SponCleric and No to the second thing.

I just remembered (for the second time) that I shouldn't be signing up right now due to imminent camping trip.

I'll just waitlist.

But here is my character for when I do have time/get in. Assuming the Spontaneous Divine variant is allowed.

Ah, well alrighty. I’ll look it over and then get back to you. Have fun with the trip!

I've decided on a Dragonwrought Kobold Wizard, under the tutelage of another Wizard.
Sheet incoming. At some point. Probably today.

Kobold yes. Dragonwrought... What? You're going to have to link to that. BUT judging from the follow-up comment you might want to assume I'm going to say no. BUT you never know.

And then you linked to it... Sorry but that seems like a no. I’m sorry… I just don’t think that’d be a good idea for a newbie DM to allow… Sorry…

Meet Richye Kyne, the lovable gentleman bard.

I was, after all, the 3rd person to mention interest and reserved a spot back at the Gaming Block. I know I showed up a little late for the thread itself, but can you spare some room?

You didn't put their goal in life or their token. As such the sheet is incomplete. But... Yeah, you can be in.

For when the GM inevitably gets back on, are doppelgangers allowed?
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/doppelganger.htm. And is the Complete warrior book allowed as I want to make a swashbuckler http://dndtools.eu/classes/swashbuckler/. If that's all approved my sheet's here http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=951152   

No. They are not allowed. Swashbuckler... Yeah... Tentatively.

Also: CHOOSE A LETTER!!! I cannot do a flag… Sorry mate. Also, you have too high of a health score.

I think you guys are assuming too much of me… Remember, I’m a level 1 DM. You’re throwing stuff out that CR7 or some such…

So yeah… Some people need to redo their sheets before they’re allowed in.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

No, Nerjin.

None of them has made Batman Wizard yet. Even the Dragonwrought guy didn't look to be going anywhere suspicious with it for the moment(it's still some cool flavor for the character, after all), though Kobolds can change that quickly. Wait no nevermind it was a wizard just saw that, so he was probably trying to hustle you.

This isn't CR7 DM killer stuff. This is like, at most, CR3 or so. Even the Dragonwrought guy was barely CR4, but you caught it and reduced the Effective Encounter Level. The Evolutionist was a CR3 trap, though.

Maybe I'm underestimating stuff, though. But if I am, and CR7 is indeed the more appropriate comparison, you are by no means a level 1 DM. And since I don't believe you are, I think, Nerjin, that you are quite competent, given your experience, and thus are at least level 3 or 4. And leveling quickly, judging by the ease with which you're deflected these dangers. Just need more encyclopedic knowledge and/or willingness and knowledge about tools with which you can find almost anything a player might be speaking of(specifically, dndtools.eu, and Google), in order to qualify for the prestige class.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

I'm slightly disappointed that I couldn't find any sufficiently cheap pirate age pistols. Although I found a bow gun so that was cool.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have fun with the trip!
I'm not gone yet! :P
I leave Friday. I'll be here to help out if needed until then.

The Evolutionist was a CR3 trap, though.
Oh? It's just versatile, it's not that strong. And I didn't want to use it myself... this game. I was offering it to Blitz because he wanted a chaotic evil character, and what fits evil better than tentacles? Furthermore, what fits chaos better than body modifications?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 11:07:39 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, Nerjin.

None of them has made Batman Wizard yet. Even the Dragonwrought guy didn't look to be going anywhere suspicious with it for the moment(it's still some cool flavor for the character, after all), though Kobolds can change that quickly. Wait no nevermind it was a wizard just saw that, so he was probably trying to hustle you.

I have heard tales, no... legends, about wizards destroying entire campaigns by themselves. I almost banned them outright but... I'm not a tyrant. I try to be nice about stuff.

This isn't CR7 DM killer stuff. This is like, at most, CR3 or so. Even the Dragonwrought guy was barely CR4, but you caught it and reduced the Effective Encounter Level. The Evolutionist was a CR3 trap, though.

For a level 1 that is still not the best thing.

Maybe I'm underestimating stuff, though. But if I am, and CR7 is indeed the more appropriate comparison, you are by no means a level 1 DM. And since I don't believe you are, I think, Nerjin, that you are quite competent, given your experience, and thus are at least level 3 or 4. And leveling quickly, judging by the ease with which you're deflected these dangers. Just need more encyclopedic knowledge and/or willingness and knowledge about tools with which you can find almost anything a player might be speaking of(specifically, dndtools.eu, and Google), in order to qualify for the prestige class.

My skill is only in my own systems where I know everything inside and out. This is a brand new system that I have no experience in. EVERYONE wants to do something crazy. I only have the PHB so... It's a little overwhelming. I'm starting to think I should have just followed Tawo's lead and outlawed non-PHB classes and races. But... I guess sink or swim at this point.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm slightly disappointed that I couldn't find any sufficiently cheap pirate age pistols. Although I found a bow gun so that was cool.

Wait... What? There isn't any gun powder. High Fantasy level of technology here yo.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Aw, that's boring. You can't have a good pirate without a good gun.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47