Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 47

Author Topic: "Upon the High Seas: Age of Abandon" - 3.5 DnD OOC Thread [Full]  (Read 37799 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

That guy that kills all psions.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*glances around*

Was that a reference to my game? The psion hunting one?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

What's a Fluce?

Family lore. The character in all their games who did that? Who killed, at one point or another, over 80% of the plot-important NPCs in the game? Who even killed a PC at one point, a human one because he thought he could get away with it(and he could)? The character who was greedy, a coward, a sadist, and absolutely completely insane? His name was Fluce.

As an example; the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse were killed, and he managed to take credit for it, got knighted by a crown. So, while they're puttering about in a city, a squire-kid maybe 12 or something comes up to him and tells him how the kingdom needs him and won't he help them.

His first question: "Are we alone?"
His first action: "I squish his head!"

The only reason he survived to the end of the campaign was because it was a primarily evil party. Even the good guy in the party(who was a dragon) ended up becoming evil because she was stuck with them for so long(though she still thought she was good).

Oh, and sidenote: the guy who played Fluce is actually a pretty awesome guy, very zen and the most laid-back person you'll ever meet, probably. He likes playing extreme characters, though.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 04:41:41 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

*glances around*

Was that a reference to my game? The psion hunting one?
Nope it's a story on the Internet. Look it up.
What's a Fluce?

Family lore. The character in all their games who did that? Who killed, at one point or another, over 80% of the plot-important NPCs in the game? Who even killed a PC at one point, a human one because he thought he could get away with it(and he could)? The character who was greedy, a coward, a sadist, and absolutely completely insane? His name was Fluce.

As an example; the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse were killed, and he managed to take credit for it, got knighted by a crown. So, while they're puttering about in a city, a squire-kid maybe 12 or something comes up to him and tells him how the kingdom needs him and won't he help them.

His first question: "Are we alone?"
His first action: "I squish his head!"

The only reason he survived to the end of the campaign was because it was a primarily evil party. Even the good guy in the party(who was a dragon) ended up becoming evil because she was stuck with them for so long(though she still thought she was good).

Oh, and sidenote: the guy who played Fluce is actually a pretty awesome guy, very Zen and the most laid-back person you'll ever meet, probably. He likes playing extreme characters, though.
Ah, so the character I don't intend to play. I don't intend to kill the plot-important NPCs or anything.
Actually, might as well redo my character concept. Original one I had in mind won't work.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Oh, don't get me wrong, he killed NPCs who weren't plot important, too. His favorite pasttime was nuking villages from miles away, when he could have gone in and killed them all with his bare hands, easily. My parents met through roleplaying, and he's part of the family mythos. He is the ultimate...not a munchkin, he didn't bend the rules like my dad did...not a power gamer, not exactly...I dunno. You get the idea, though.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Yeah. Half Orc works just as well, really. Hmm, I'l make a sheet later, right now I'm still busy playing Space Station 13.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile

I guess I missed my chance for this, mind if you throw me into the waitlist?
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

OY I DIBBED A SPOT LIKE THREE HOURS AGO

I WANT TO BE IN THIS

IT IS THE DUTY OF TAWAROCHIR TO PARTICIPATE IN ALL DND GAMES

I HEREBY RESERVE A SPOT
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 06:05:08 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

I just remembered (for the second time) that I shouldn't be signing up right now due to imminent camping trip.

I'll just waitlist.

But here is my character for when I do have time/get in. Assuming the Spontaneous Divine variant is allowed.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 07:04:09 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've decided on a Dragonwrought Kobold Wizard, under the tutelage of another Wizard.
Sheet incoming. At some point. Probably today.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Pretty sure you need GM approval to use Dragonwrought, I seem to recall that it's a splat.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Link.

It is rather cheesy, but it only gets powergamy when you do the weird tricks with sorcerer and the dragon type.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Oh my. I missed in on this? A shame, after seeing the country names I very much want to play a banjo bard from Banjesh. Alas...
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Meet Richye Kyne, the lovable gentleman bard.

I was, after all, the 3rd person to mention interest and reserved a spot back at the Gaming Block. I know I showed up a little late for the thread itself, but can you spare some room?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 47