Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 47

Author Topic: "Upon the High Seas: Age of Abandon" - 3.5 DnD OOC Thread [Full]  (Read 37789 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Would I be able to play a Chaotic Evil character? Or are we limited to Good and Neutral?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Am I allowed to have a character that hates anyone who thinks the sea is theirs alone to control?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

To quote myself:

Yeah, sure. Just don't be a dick to everyone in the party. If I feel like you're being a detriment to everyone's fun you may find that all the monsters suddenly grow to hate you and only you for hours at a time.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't intend to. Unless they do the above hated action.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Nah.
So long as nobody minds if I kill random people at random times, we'll be just fine.
So, Chaotic Evil Dwarf.
Currently deciding on class.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So long as nobody minds if I kill random people at random times, we'll be just fine.

Just be prepared to deal with the consequences of your actions. I suspect that, if you truly do it randomly, your character might survive until about... Level 1.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, kind of something that gets you killed.

Are there going to be primitive guns or is it still bows and stuff?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Just be prepared to deal with the consequences of your actions. I suspect that, if you truly do it randomly, your character might survive until about... Level 1.
...I see what you did there.
Not really randomly, obviously. Otherwise, I might end up attacking someone twice as powerful as me.
So...
Suggestions for a class?
Can I even be Chaotic Evil and a Dwarf?
Also, mind giving me a quick rundown of dwarf society in-game?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The weaponry is everything listed in Players Handbook. If you want something special just ask! I'm trying to make the game fun for everybody!

As for class? You might enjoy Barbarian. Sounds like something that'd fit the "Kill kill kill" style you want. But it's really up to you.

There are no restrictions for alignment for any race.

As for socieity of dwarves? It depends on what country they're in. Recent history goes back to around 20,000 years ago. And there have been many ages before that. So a dwarf from Harleque and Fronso will act differently.

I'll give a more detailed answer when I get home from work tonight yo!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Nah.
So, Chaotic Evil Dwarf.
Currently deciding on class.
{accent=crochunter}
Lookey here, ankle-bitahs! This is a rare example of a very certain kind of character, only found in the wild! They're almost extinct, and very dangerous. This is a Charactus villanus, a specialized beastie that only hunts plot-important NPCs and innocent civilians. It's only known natural predator is the mythical Dungeon Master, which can spring out of nowhere to devour it. They've almost gone extinct, by now, but there always manages to be one remaining pocket of 'em that spreads back through the wilds after a particularly vicious DM hunting spree. Clever little critters, ain't they? Now be careful; these animals, sometimes known as Fluces, are very aggressive, very territorial, and very willing to snack on people who don't exist -just like you!
{/accent=crochunter}

Seriously, just randomly killing people is basically the worst way to play any character whatsoever short of actually backstabbing other players.

Don't be a Fluce, Blitz. Don't do it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

I'd recommend some sort of warrior style class for the dwarf. How about Paladin?

In the hopes that I'm not to late, or that I can waitlist, I'm building a True Neutral Spontaneous Cleric. In case the Spontaneous Divine variant gets approved.

Alternatively, I have a homebrew class bookmarked that I could ask for approval on. Ooh, it would actually work perfect for you, Blitz.
Evolutionist; second revision. Truth be told, I preferred the First Revision, but the table on it broke when the forum it's on was revised. The Original version isn't worth mention. Permission for Blitz to be a Evolutionist?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

What's a Fluce?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

But, but, I- I- Waaaah!
*Sobs in the corner*

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

But, but, I- I- Waaaah!
*Sobs in the corner*
Oh, you'll survive. Have you ever read Order of the Stick? Belkar is CE, or suspected to be.
As long as you're not TOO chaotic or TOO evil, you can be Chaotic Evil and not die.

Just don't be "that guy".
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 47