Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BEST TRAP EVER!!!!(that I've made)  (Read 1870 times)

Opaex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
BEST TRAP EVER!!!!(that I've made)
« on: July 05, 2014, 12:57:08 pm »

I have a walk way with traps on it. When things try to dodge they fall into a pit with my Vampire.. wrestler.. I'm hoping goblins drop something in there at some point. I also have a bridge that is raise and lowers to collect stuff...  Armok help us if he gets into the fort.

How strong can a vampire get?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: BEST TRAP EVER!!!!(that I've made)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 01:14:11 pm »

I have a walk way with traps on it. When things try to dodge they fall into a pit with my Vampire.. wrestler.. I'm hoping goblins drop something in there at some point. I also have a bridge that is raise and lowers to collect stuff...  Armok help us if he gets into the fort.

How strong can a vampire get?
About 2-3x the power of normal creature + all these juicy undead tags.

But he cannot improve his stats in vampire form.
._.

Opaex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 01:23:44 pm »

hmmm.. perhaps we could brew him and make some kind of vampire drink...

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 02:03:15 pm »

I highly recommend transforming your entire fort into vampires, so long as you fix the sobriety issue with a little modding.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Opaex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 01:12:30 am »

***Update*** a Ankylosaurus walked through all ten traps and proceeeded to breathe fire on everybody.

Walls are way better than my fall trap.

Do vampires berserk? Or will my fort last as long as he is trapped in the pit? My intent was to have him start engraving the walls after a few years of being alone and only seeing things fall down near him. I wonder what kind of great message he would have for me!

Roach

• Bay Watcher
  • [IMMOLATE][LIKES_HUGGING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 12:05:47 pm »

I highly recommend transforming your entire fort into vampires, so long as you fix the sobriety issue with a little modding.

How exactly is this done? I googled, but the consensus was that it wasn't possible.
How do I do it? Prune juice.

Uristits

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 01:35:56 pm »

How exactly is this done? I googled, but the consensus was that it wasn't possible.

contaminate a well with vampire blood and make people drink from it

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 01:41:20 pm »

If you're asking about the thirst issue, I was able to get vampires to drink booze after draining by adding a syndrome to dwarf blood. This gets them to drink booze, but I didn't have time to test the walking speed after they drank the booze. Or you can remove the ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT tag from dwarves altogether. Both methods require re-genning the world

I don't use Dwarf Therapist, but that may have options too. You might wanna go check the Modding forum on it.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 02:29:26 pm »

You could do it without a regen if you hijacked an existing syndrome to be an anti-sobriety one. Gnomeblight's syndrome might work -- it has very little use as it exists, and it's brought by traders. Since the source of the syndrome is an item and not a creature, you could also make the kobold bulbs by raw modding or by DFHack and get your gnomeblight that way.

Whatever you do to try and get it to work without a regen, I'd a temporary, obvious something to the syndrome to ensure it's taken. There's not much you can do to a vampire though -- organ dysfunction isn't covered by their immunity tags and dwarves in general need only their brains and one lung to live.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Merendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 01:26:46 am »

Might be possible to add a custom reaction to some workshop that applies the syndrome.  I seem to recall the masterwork mod did that or at least had dust/smoke as a byproduct of some reactions.  If you can figure out how to do it would be a controlable way to ensure a specific dwarf gets it.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 06:58:05 am »

You can't add reactions after worldgen. Taking an existing one and rewriting everything but the [REACTION:BLAH] ID label would work, and once it's done its job of producing the appropriate item it can be changed back to the original reaction.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.