Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Is the release date known yet?  (Read 2112 times)

Avanak

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels study, distracted by Dwarf Fortress
    • View Profile
Is the release date known yet?
« on: July 05, 2014, 04:17:23 am »

I know Toady said early July, but is there an exact day and time made public?
Youtube account (where i play dwarf fortress):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtve1Sw8V9_MBn5aV54Ho1A

RageBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • This is the link to my stream. Don't click it :^).
Re: Is the release date known yet?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 04:29:40 am »

About 4 days? I think?
Apparently as a streamer I must be a sell out. So I'm selling myself here; I do streams.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 04:58:56 am »

Next week if rumors can be trusted.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 07:25:45 am »

Next week if rumors can be trusted.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139852.0
Threetoe:  The game is coming out next week!

Rumors, you say?
._.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 08:01:49 am »

Rumors i say, yes. :P

Kirkegaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 09:26:40 am »

How does a release normally work? How fast does rebugging happens etc?

sickboy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 09:32:11 am »

well I wasn't anywhere as into the game when DF2012 came out, nor was I on the forums or anything but if I remember correctly, it took a few months for the game to be of any game-breaking fun bugs. But usually it comes out in a mostly playable state.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 11:30:23 am »

well I wasn't anywhere as into the game when DF2012 came out, nor was I on the forums or anything but if I remember correctly, it took a few months for the game to be of any game-breaking fun bugs. But usually it comes out in a mostly playable state.

If I recall rightly, the 2012 version came out in February, and most of the super annoying (or Fun if you prefer) bugs were rid with the release in June 2012.  Like the enormous swarms of mosquitoes.  I don't recall the others right off the top of my head.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 02:36:58 pm »

Dont forget after the 2012 release (not sure about the others,,, i played after the release phase of 3.1 in 2011) Toady added some juicy features that weren't in the initial release.  Werebeasts and vampires iirc,,, or it could have been the evil biomes/necromancers dont remember. 

So we might get some nice played down/unannounced content in the months to come as well.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 04:11:52 pm »

The most recent official estimate was "next week" in the July 1st report. Should happen within less than a week from today.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 04:42:44 pm »

But I liked the huge swarms of giant mosquitos. :(
More meat (well, sort of, the dwarfs ate it, that is all that counts) than you could ever eat before the next swarm, and nice training for the marksdwarfes/hunters. Bad for fps though.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 05:22:18 pm »

Dont forget after the 2012 release (not sure about the others,,, i played after the release phase of 3.1 in 2011) Toady added some juicy features that weren't in the initial release.  Werebeasts and vampires iirc,,, or it could have been the evil biomes/necromancers dont remember.

0.34.08 introduced minecarts, wheelbarrows, linkable stockpiles, consolidated container gathering, etc.  It also included a nearly complete overhaul of the physics of falling/flying objects.  Plus an option to set the "camera" to follow a dwarf, a change to how mining works (chance of a stone independent of mining skill level), and more.  It was truly a huge update -- definitely the largest feature set in a "point release" for as long as I've been playing.

So yes, there is precedent for that kind of update.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 06:00:22 pm »

Well this week is “next week” from the perspective of the Devlog, so I would say any time from tonight to the end of this week. I think “as soon as possible” should be considered, even if there are bugs.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 08:08:56 pm »

Today.

Zeranamu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 08:13:45 pm »