Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need a new browser :I  (Read 1245 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Need a new browser :I
« on: July 05, 2014, 12:19:39 am »

I've been using the Nightly build of Firefox for a couple of years, and I've had no complaints.

EXCEPT in the last few days. It's borked. My settings involving tabs don't work, and for some reason it seems to think that it needs to get involved when I open PDFs (including ones saved to my hard drive) and I can't get it to stop. I mean, I can have the browser closed. I try to open a PDF saved to my computer. Nightly then opens and asks if I want to open or save the PDF I'm trying to open, as if I just downloaded it ::)

So I think it is time for something new. I want a browser that runs reasonably well, has Firefox's functionality. A good number of add-ons, especially an AdBlock-like, are a must. It should not have difficulty with things like Flash or Unity Web Player.

I'm an idiot who forgot computer basics.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 01:37:13 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Need a new browser :I
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 12:26:37 am »

It actually sounds more like your file associations are confused. Right click and open with not working to reset it?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 01:24:22 am »

Failing that, the standard version of Firefox does a pretty good job at having most of Firefox's features. If you're not able to use the nightly build, it's the second-most-firefoxiest browser out there.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 01:36:37 am »

It actually sounds more like your file associations are confused. Right click and open with not working to reset it?
Proof positive that I should not be looked to for computer advice. I completely forgot about doing that and was trying to fix things from within Nightly.

That works perfectly, so aside from a few options not working properly (it's supposed to warn me when I try to close multiple tabs, but does not) I can stick with this for a while longer.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread