Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away (Scum Victory)  (Read 45784 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away (Signups closed)
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2014, 04:33:58 pm »

Double post due to new Yobbo message
Your awfully quick to call out two people for being scums, lets forget the fact that this is the first day, with very few posts, it's a risky game to ever be sure in this game, please tell both if us why you think we're scum.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2014, 04:45:09 pm »

Frostmoon: Yeah, so far I've been vanilla town a few times, scum once, kamikaze once, and cop twice. That is, of course, not counting this game. I'm not quite out of beginner status, but I've been playing for a little while now.

yobbo: My first game ever, the sprint game here, had some trouble with inactivity (and argumentative players) that made it crash and burn a bit. Buddying is more along the lines of voting alongside them or supporting them, as long as their votes tend toward town. It can get pretty sneaky, too. I've seen players buddy while also confronting that same player.

anailater: Keep in mind that a single vote, especially while we're in the random voting period, isn't too serious. It's mostly just kept on someone you find most suspicious at the moment. As long as we avoid OMGUS, though, I'm happy. I tend to dislike those, since grudges can win the game for scum.

Frostmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just your average eldritch feline. :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2014, 04:59:00 pm »

Illgeo: Okay. How would you react if anailater had, instead of FoSing, voted for yobbo?

Scripten: What's harder to locate: buddying or distancing? When you were scum, did you find yourself using (or being accused of) buddying or distancing more?

yobbo: If you don't mind me asking, what gender are you? Also, when you said that Illgeo and anailater were scumbuddies, you were accusing Illgeo of buddying. Do you believe that anailater is scummier than Illgeo?

anailater: Do note that while yobbo accused Illgeo of buddying, he kept his vote on you and didn't FoS Illgeo. Do you believe that multiple accusations are scummy, or that multiple accusations at the very beginning of the game is scummy? You also never FoSed or voted for yobbo, despite the implication that you view him as scummy.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2014, 05:02:10 pm »

Uhh...
I'm just going to be sitting here in the corner. Alone. Forever.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Frostmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2014, 05:02:47 pm »

EBWOP

Illgeo: As mentioned later in my post, anailater never FoSed, so my question to you should actually be 'How would you react if anailater had voted for yobbo?' Sorry about that.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2014, 05:06:24 pm »

It would looked quite justified, while a little OMGUSy.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2014, 05:11:07 pm »

Frostmoon: I actually didn't have to worry about it all that much. There was never any real suspicion of me until LYLO, which was day... 3, I think? I had to bus my partner because he got caught whilst roleplaying of all things and then the next day a shot in the dark claimed me. Was a close game, but we did ultimately lose. I have been the target of buddying on occasion. I was a vanilla townie and the scum that got caught first tried to buddy me by diverting a bandwagon that had formed on me on day one, but it kind of backfired on him.

BlitzDungeoneer: You don't really need to wait for others to ask you questions, by the way. Go ahead and make accusations and get peoples' attention! :P

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2014, 05:15:55 pm »

Make accusations? What do you take this for? A game of Maf- oh wait.
Well, yobbo certainly seemed quick to accuse, so he's suspicious. Not voting yet, but it seems likely. However, he does bring up a valid point about anailater, so he is also a suspect.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2014, 05:19:34 pm »

Interesting. Are you suspecting them of being a scum-team, or that if one is ton, the other is potential scum?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2014, 05:20:38 pm »

EBWOP

Sorry, *town, not ton

Frostmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2014, 05:25:15 pm »

Illgeo: I noticed how you said it 'would looked quite justified'. Why looked, of all things? Would you not trust anailater's vote? Or was that just random wording?

Scripten: How do you feel about the current situation?

Blitz: What is the valid point that yobbo brought up? How do you feel about the other players (who have posted, of course)?

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2014, 05:27:01 pm »

Frostmoon: Those all look like really bizarre setups. How do you think playing with all the weird roles would compare to a normal game like this one?

anailater: Why do you think i should need to be sure before voting you? What other weapon does town have at this stage in the game? If i put pressure behind my suspicions it's far more likely that you'll slip up. Also at the start of the game is probably when scum have the least amount of advice from their IC. Just how sure do you think someone should be before voting?

Illgeo: Without throwing accusations, how will town figure out who's scum? And when's not too early? When one of us has been mislynched and another nightkilled?

Frostmoon again: "he" is fine for a pronoun. Oh, i thought buddying was something different. I don't really think anailater seems scummier than Illgeo, but i would like my questions answered assuming the vote is serious.

I'm kind of going by what i've seen other people do in games, and in the ones i read they seemed to throw votes around at the start a lot…

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2014, 05:29:56 pm »

Frostmoon: English is not my native language. I just meant that I'm not sure.
Yobbo: Well, at least when everybody posted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2014, 05:30:50 pm »

Frostmoon: The fact that anailater was quick to cast suspicion, but scared to use the vote.
I don't feel much on the other players, really. There isn't much to feel, since a majority of them haven't commented on me or my actions in the slightest. That said, both yobbo and anailater seem suspicious.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2014, 05:39:39 pm »

Regarding your question Yobbo
You should be as sure as you can before voting, when you have to rely on your team, be it as colleagues or meat sheilds, you can't risk causing the death of one of your colleagues and gaining the suspicions of the others.

Frosmoon: I do think multiple allegations at the beginning if the game are scummy, while i understand its a good tactic to have someone lynched day one, its usually whoever is the least lucky or the most obvious, it seems risky and dumb to point at two people, unless you already know who's who, and I never voted because I wanted a proper explanation, one that I didn't get...
Anything to add Yobbo?
Blitz: As I've stated before I don't want to vote toll I'm sure, but pressing with suspicion is a valid tactic in my books.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24