Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away (Scum Victory)  (Read 45753 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2014, 04:31:43 pm »

In.
Played one game of Mafia before, but I don't think I'm doing it right.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 04:34:32 pm »

In.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 10:24:40 am »

Yay I actually managed to get into a beginners Mafia before it closed!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 10:37:48 am »

Yay I actually managed to get into a beginners Mafia before it closed!
Sorry... the signups were actually full and I was too lazy to get off my ass and record that.  you've been put on the waitlist.

Time to randomize roles, send out role pm's, come up with flavor, and get this show on the road.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLVIII: In a Galaxy Far Far Away (Signups closed)
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 11:01:26 am »

The council meeting commences on the day after the death of Master 4maskwolf.  His body was found in his quarters, covered in horrific scarring that could only have force lightning.  And force lightning can only be conjured with a knowledge of the dark side.

The council knows what they have to do.  They must root out the traitors in their midst, for the sake of peace and stability of the galaxy.  In this task, they cannot fail.

Discussions begin.

Day One has begun.  It will end at 7 pm PST on Thursday.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 11:22:03 am »

Soo...
How exactly do we start of this discussion? Newbie Mafia player here. We're supposed to ask questions, right?
Anailater: Who do you think most likely is scum?
I'll ask some other people questions when they post.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Frostmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just your average eldritch feline. :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 12:20:54 pm »

Scripten: You were in Beginner's Mafia XLVII, right? Have you learned anything from that experience?

To everyone who has never played before: What do you expect from your first game of mafia? Have you read any of the previous mafia games?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2014, 01:08:43 pm »

Frostmoon: Yeah, I was. In that game, I was the town cop and managed to find the one active mafia member, but because I was a newbie, I didn't think to roleclaim in a LYLO situation which cost us the game. I've played other games elsewhere, including one where I played cop again and managed to find all three mafia members and win with only one town lynch, so I feel like that was my karmic justice game. :P

BlitzDungeoneer: Yes, asking questions and applying pressure gets people talking. Speaking of which, what made you pick Anailater as the target of your question?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2014, 01:11:58 pm »

Scripten: I'm vaguely familiar with him, so I kinda know his posting style. Not much else, really. Here's a question for you;
Which role do you think I have?

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2014, 01:12:56 pm »

Frostmoon:I expect to have fun and maybe not lose. I read some of exotic one.
Gulddom, have you ever played mafia before?

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2014, 01:21:13 pm »

Dungeoneer: To be one hundred percent honest I'm not sure yet, HOWEVER if you were to put a gun to my head, I would most likely say... Scripten, he had the longest post, and he made sure to point out how often he hadn't been scum.

Frostmoon: Im expecting heated debate, broken friendships (Which are fixed by the end) and to learn how to play this game to the best of my ability.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2014, 01:30:57 pm »

BlitzDungeoneer: Whoa whoa whoa. Bad idea there, mate. We don't want to be talking roles. That's really anti-town. Basically, you're telling the scum exactly who to stab in the night. The small amount of benefit gained from knowing roles has nothing on the massive cons.

anailater: Do you believe that longer posts correlate to scumminess? After all, scumhunting requires an amount of vigilance. As a point of reference, I never mentioned that I hadn't been scum, only that I've played cop twice. Once I lost the game and once I won it for the town. The latter was due to my education in the former, which is what was asked of me. Considering that roles are random, I don't believe that has anything to do with this game other than giving some insight into my experiences with the game thus far.

Nerjin and Deathsword: You guys are ICs this round. How do you plan to counteract the change in behavior that such a role brings to a newbie game? (That is, either people are much more or much less suspicious or threatened by you because of your position of semi-authority.)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2014, 01:33:41 pm »

Scripten:... Okay, didn't know that. So...
Why exactly is nobody asking me questions?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2014, 01:35:53 pm »

Patience, young Padawan.

I've totally been waiting forever to say that in context. Yes.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2014, 01:38:36 pm »

Patience, young Padawan.

I've totally been waiting forever to say that in context. Yes.
But we're all Jedi Masters, so it's not really in context, is it?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24