Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Were-creatures and caravans  (Read 757 times)

Megawott06

• Bay Watcher
  • A dorfy Dewott.
    • View Profile
Were-creatures and caravans
« on: July 03, 2014, 04:04:44 pm »

I had a caravan guard for the humans transform into a were-horse when they were leaving my fort. No dwarves died but the were-horse destroyed a wagon for the humans. Will this impact my forts relationship with the humans?

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Were-creatures and caravans
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 04:21:17 pm »

Sadly, I think it will have a negative impact on how they view your fort although it probably won't do enough harm to be noticeable. Pretty much regardless of how it happens, if a caravan loses men and or goods they blame you. Apparently being a good host includes saving the fool merchants even from themselves.

Urist McDworf

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute until proven guilty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 06:26:32 pm »

Offering them a few thousand's worth of goods the next time they come might help. You just have to hope that the guard/were-horse (or worse) does not accompany them in the future.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 12:37:47 am »

Hehe that's kind of funny. Bonus that he is a were-horse as part of the caravan as well. Too bad he wasn't a merchant, or he could have been both draft animal as well as the guy leading it to your depot. So cost saving.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 12:39:53 am »

Hopefully won't cause too many problems, slaughtered any and all elves for six years and they continued to trade and never went to war with me, so you should be good. Quite funny, though. If he does return, don't kill him with your dwarves (unless you wanna), but find a way to capture him.
Take a closer look at this text!