Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: See you all tomorrow for our communal download!  (Read 6409 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: See you all tomorrow for our communal download!
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 03:02:30 pm »

"Yeah, I was hoping to release it on the 1st, but it'll be a good thing to hang on to it for a few more days"

Says nothing about it being released next week. Generally a few is 3-5 anyways so July 4th is quite possible... *Fingers crossed*
A few lines up from that, ThreeToe's comment - "The game is coming out next week!"
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 03:17:11 pm »

I think we will see the shiny new version drop near the end of next week, maybe next Friday. I imagine Toady One is probably furiously debugging day and night at this point. Anyone who has programed knows that even after you think the damn application is done it will crash the moment you proclaim it so and try to show it to somebody. Programming has to be just about the most deadline busting activity in creation, worse than narcoleptic snail racing.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 03:22:30 pm »

At least Toady doesn't work for EA Anyone, if that were the case we'd have been playing DF2014 for two weeks now, desperately attempting to sidestep everything that makes the game crash as we try to make our way in new worlds full of timid night trolls that hide in trees and tyrannical yak generals.
That strikethrough doesn't block that out enough, and I'm okay with that.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2014, 03:40:32 pm »

At least Toady doesn't work for EA Anyone, if that were the case we'd have been playing DF2014 for two weeks now, desperately attempting to sidestep everything that makes the game crash as we try to make our way in new worlds full of timid night trolls that hide in trees and tyrannical yak generals.

If he worked for EA we would either be on Dwarf Fortress 2014 (the yearly installment that costs $50 a year) or still DF 1...but like the 50th DLC for $15

My Urist Eternal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2014, 04:09:27 pm »

If there was ever a situation that begged for release via torrent, this is it.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2014, 04:53:53 pm »

Tomorrow? Butbutbutbut... I won't be around tomorrow. Such conflict. I thought the release was next week?

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2014, 04:57:00 pm »

Tomorrow? Butbutbutbut... I won't be around tomorrow. Such conflict. I thought the release was next week?

Everything we've been told suggests it will be next week.

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2014, 05:14:56 pm »

If he worked for EA we would either be on Dwarf Fortress 2014 (the yearly installment that costs $50 a year) or still DF 1...but like the 50th DLC for $15
Development would have ended several years ago, Toady fired, and EA having the rights to Dwarf Fortress.
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2014, 06:33:12 pm »

Development would have ended several years ago, Toady fired, and EA having the rights to Dwarf Fortress.
And you would be able to drown your dwarves in a pool.
But in one of the sequels they would remove it, like sims 4.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2014, 06:43:46 pm »

They are not ~removing~ it silly...they are just temporarily suspending it to monetize it later in the form of DLC

ykcud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2014, 07:08:06 pm »

IF Toady worked for EA
1. They would not allow him to touch it
2. The update would be released far too early
3. It would no longer be able to open without crashing
4. They would release a "patch" that would still render it so buggy as to be unplayable
5. They would make it only "playable" while connected to the internet
6. They would charge people to play it, but trick people into paying for a demo then adding the rest of the game with an absurd amount and still have micro transactions
7. Fire the original creators of the game for (insert throwaway reason here) even though they had no creative control and wasn't allowed to even touch the game
8. Pay off critics and other sources to give it a good score
9. Discontinue the game

Ya I dont like EA. They kind of murdered a LOT of game companies and studios I so loved.

I feel safe to say that EA is the Fox news of game company's; huge and completely incompitent

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2014, 07:53:20 pm »

Urist cancels operate pump, no magma DLC installed
also yes this would have been released on the initial projected release date of... november 2012 was it? or something ridiculous like that
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2014, 09:04:20 pm »

They are not ~removing~ it silly...they are just temporarily suspending it to monetize it later in the form of DLC

I also forgot, removes toddlers to add in a later expansion pack.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2014, 09:11:23 pm »

I also forgot, removes toddlers to add in a later expansion pack.

Wait, they removed toddlers to add them later in an expansion pack? Typical EA logic.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2014, 09:26:43 pm »

Toady's gonna get so many moneys. Will be drawing for weeks. After debugging for weeks.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 [2] 3