Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 39

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread  (Read 51607 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread
« Reply #480 on: September 14, 2014, 11:48:35 pm »

"Of course. But considering there being so few of my followers here, that would take some time..."

Taking a sip, Ketemos realised that all he really needed was a good stoneworker and some faith to create a Gate. And as Earth Elementalists were basically stoneworkers...well it seemed obvious now.

"That said, all I would really need would be someone with a little faith to construct a Gate. It truly wouldn't be too difficult and using them only requires a little bit of belief in my abilities...you wouldn't be interested in helping me here, would you? As a test of your abilities?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 15, 2014, 12:13:44 am »

Facing the gods in attendance, the dragon exclaimed loudly. " As I see it, we currently have three main problems. "

" Wild Red, and his blackpowder in the Kiatown Harbour are two of them. I think we all have seen that ill-fated prayer by now, but I think one of us will have the task of removing it, lest it does explode and turns the blockade into a full blown assault. As for Wild Red himself, I plan to face him and his forces. Neither can we allow him to rule Selma's Gate, nor to leave the matter of his assassin to rest. " Auratus looked through the room during a pregnant pause, before continuing with his spiel. " His forces have grown to greater numbers. If I have to battle them alone, I will do so, but I would welcome anyone who would share in that battle. "

Clearing his throat, he went on to the matter of which he had become aware under Kiatown. " The last problem would obviously the orcish siege, and those of their gods which want to harm us. You see, I have it on good authority by a former mate of their Golden One, that the only reason those four still align with each other, is out of fear of the chimera. Considering that the other three went so far as to slay those children which were born of aforementioned union, I doubt any of them holds a greater hate for his brothers than he does. "

Shaking his head in disgust, he was loath to discuss such matters, but continued. " There is also the matter that I would dislike to ally with a kinslayer, but luckily he is the strongest among them, and the one least interested in mortal affairs. I think him to be the obvious choice either way, but will not go along should the rest of you plan to ally with one of the others. Still, to improve our chances of gaining him as an ally, I would think it worthwhile if we could give him some sort of gift, or tribute even, if you wish to call it such. " He stole a short glance at Pyrite. “ Sadly, I am currently not in possession of anything that would make either a tasteful, nor a useful present to him. " Now fully turning towards Pyrite, the dragon had a bemused grin on his face. " But I do know that House Infelix should have gifted you one, did they not? Well, if need be, I would also undertake that task alone, gift or not, but our chances of getting him unto our side would decrease then. Since we all might want to give it some more consideration, I think that we can leave this matter for another time. The walls of Kiatown will have to hold until then. "

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 15, 2014, 12:49:26 am »

"Soon. Throne. Could smite. Or control. Seeds in brain. Germinate, control. Corpse-puppets. Power of throne capable. Control new army as result. No loss if new army defeated."
"Hmmmm," Pyrite hummed appreciatively, "Has potential. I assume none of us have ever done anything like this before, though, so I'm wary of wagering everything on that. Might even want to check with Dennis, see if he's familiar with this sort of scale."

Facing the gods in attendance, the dragon exclaimed loudly. " As I see it, we currently have three main problems. "

" Wild Red, and his blackpowder in the Kiatown Harbour are two of them. I think we all have seen that ill-fated prayer by now, but I think one of us will have the task of removing it, lest it does explode and turns the blockade into a full blown assault. As for Wild Red himself, I plan to face him and his forces. Neither can we allow him to rule Selma's Gate, nor to leave the matter of his assassin to rest. " Auratus looked through the room during a pregnant pause, before continuing with his spiel. " His forces have grown to greater numbers. If I have to battle them alone, I will do so, but I would welcome anyone who would share in that battle. "

Clearing his throat, he went on to the matter of which he had become aware under Kiatown. " The last problem would obviously the orcish siege, and those of their gods which want to harm us. You see, I have it on good authority by a former mate of their Golden One, that the only reason those four still align with each other, is out of fear of the chimera. Considering that the other three went so far as to slay those children which were born of aforementioned union, I doubt any of them holds a greater hate for his brothers than he does. "

Shaking his head in disgust, he was loath to discuss such matters, but continued. " There is also the matter that I would dislike to ally with a kinslayer, but luckily he is the strongest among them, and the one least interested in mortal affairs. I think him to be the obvious choice either way, but will not go along should the rest of you plan to ally with one of the others. Still, to improve our chances of gaining him as an ally, I would think it worthwhile if we could give him some sort of gift, or tribute even, if you wish to call it such. " He stole a short glance at Pyrite. “ Sadly, I am currently not in possession of anything that would make either a tasteful, nor a useful present to him. " Now fully turning towards Pyrite, the dragon had a bemused grin on his face. " But I do know that House Infelix should have gifted you one, did they not? Well, if need be, I would also undertake that task alone, gift or not, but our chances of getting him unto our side would decrease then. Since we all might want to give it some more consideration, I think that we can leave this matter for another time. The walls of Kiatown will have to hold until then. "
Pyrite gave a brief look of confusion before realizing what the dragon was saying.

"Oh! The artifact, yes... heh, thought you meant a pretty monster for his collection. Hm... I'd hoped to get that affection charm for my sister, but he also had the cards, an Orcish spear that gives your mount the aspect of a dire boar, a horn that sucks the joy and ambition out of everyone who hears it, and an... ancient dragon crown. If you don't mind my asking, what's a crown like that do, anyway?

In any case, I put off choosing, so I suppose I could head back and pick up my choice if we needed it. That does sound a little excessive just for a gift, though, especially if we're hoping to woo him based on hating us less than his kin."
He shrugged. "Then again, I know little of dragons, so you'll have to fill me in there."

He furrowed his brow. "About that powder, though... you sure it's Wild Red's? Seems odd that he wouldn't trigger it when he was pulling his other stunts. Either way, I say we nab it and use it on whoever's blockading us. Well, unless we want to try to bribe them into turning on Red. Pirates, and all. The trick would be getting it into them without being sunk... maybe covering it in a waterproof coating and sliding it in underwater? All assuming there's no guardians and whoever does own it doesn't object and all. Certainly an ominous package...

Finally... did you just say you're going to Selma's Gate to fight off Wild Red personally? I know you like your shrine, but... I mean, I suppose we could try to crush Wild Red separate from the rest of the siege, but it'd be pretty risky..."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 15, 2014, 01:20:13 am »

Pyrite shook his head. "Mm. Either not really, or not just one. It feels like I should have servants like these, but every time I try to think of some, I come up with a people, not a swarm of tools. If you've any insight on the matter, I'd like to hear it."

The vampire pauses in consideration. "If dabbling in nature suits you, it is rarely hard for a god to find some nasty plant or animal, make it loyal, and increase its rate of reproduction.

Alternatively, just gather your resources and send word to a Gargoyle Colony that you would like to commission an army. There are Gargoyle Smiths who will make and sell blindly loyal armies to any buyer, and others who will gladly suck up to a Bellian God in hopes of earning favor and perusing the pipe dream of shedding their missfit status. I know that is what Agrippa does when she is desperate or short handed."

He shakes his head and smirks, "but I suspect you are more creative than that."

Raising an eyebrow slightly, the dragon was not dissatisfied by the girls actions, but rather the reason behind them. He really would do good to temper her spirit, before letting her attain any power beyond that of a mere mortal. After leaving as planned – exclaiming that the notion of him fleeing from possible mortal pursuers would not only be laughable, but also insulting – he had spent most of his time in pondering. Had the claimed hate between the four siblings been worthy of exploitation once he had heard of it, after becoming aware of what had pertained elsewhere, he decided that it might as well become a necessity.

Taken by such musings, by the time they had arrived at the castle, he had barely spoken with her. Settling himself down into his personal throne, he sought to change that fact. " First off, while residing on these islands, any action you might take will easily fall back unto me. As such, I would advise you to not anger any of the residents, be they draconic, divine, or plainly of powerful heritage. The orcs you might have already seen are servants of Pyrite, and as thus the only thing that may put you above them is but your arachnid blood. Any matter that should arise would be between you and them, and believe me when I say that they won't take kindly to being stabbed. I further expect you to stay focused on your schooling, and as such are forbidden from pursuing any illicit relationships while residing here. " The later was especially in regard to her kin, as he had no doubt the children of the scorpion could find her alluring. Overall, her character and loyalties might need some work, but as her lineage and nature were promising enough, he decided her to be worth the effort – having her killed or a mother by one of the other residents would be wasting her potential, and any effort he might have put into her until then.

After waiting for a positive reply from her, he continued. " Having said that, I will inform you that for now you are to study draconic law, draconic history, and bellian history, with an emphasis on the war before time. The bellian accounts may be faulty at times, but without such knowledge you would be hard pressed to understand my viewpoint and actions. " He grinned slightly. " It will also cause you to realize how the common mortal would view your mother, or yourself. Which reminds me, has her blood blessed you with any traits or abilities that might be worth pursuing? " As an afterthought, he added. " Right, thinking of it, I will require you to show your heritage proudly, so loose the veil. If anything, it might even be insulting to your distant relatives which reside here. "

Ripping her veil off to reveal her pupiless eyes, the young woman offers you a tempered smile. "Father already taught me much of the war, but I'm afraid I have had little exposure to Dracnoic law. Regardless, if you have the texts in Bellian, or any language you are willing to teach me, I would be willing to learn."

She then pauses for thought. "I am an exceptional climber, and my flesh is sensitive to vibirations. Beyond that, I can use both my hands as a common Bellian would his right, but that comes from dad, not mom... Oh, and my spittle is venomous, but my teeth are ill designed for delivering it unlike my mother's fangs; I usually lick my daggers though."

"Of course. But considering there being so few of my followers here, that would take some time..."

Taking a sip, Ketemos realised that all he really needed was a good stoneworker and some faith to create a Gate. And as Earth Elementalists were basically stoneworkers...well it seemed obvious now.

"That said, all I would really need would be someone with a little faith to construct a Gate. It truly wouldn't be too difficult and using them only requires a little bit of belief in my abilities...you wouldn't be interested in helping me here, would you? As a test of your abilities?"

"If you truly want a gate to a town full of the sort of people who might rob you, I should be able to set it up."

Tonk chuckles, "I could conceal it of course. It wouldn't be hard."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 15, 2014, 01:28:15 am »

Ketemos smirked. "The Gates only work for those who actually worship me; useful little trick to keep the malcontents out. But yes, hiding it would be a good idea regardless."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 15, 2014, 01:42:42 am »

Ketemos smirked. "The Gates only work for those who actually worship me; useful little trick to keep the malcontents out. But yes, hiding it would be a good idea regardless."

"Unless I am misinformed, there are four other beings there that the people using the gates are under no obligation to worship. I'm sure they would appreciate you letting a bunch of the General Population of Selma's gate in..."

He scratches his chin. "My friend Kararth is the mistress of one of the pirate lords who frequents this place, and she has a nice house because of it. I suppose I could set it up in her basement."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 15, 2014, 01:56:38 am »

"Acute observation. I'd assume they'd tear me into bits if I let every mortal into our humble home...but I don't intend to do that I think. It would not be difficult to disable the connection between here and Newbellium; I actually plan to do so once I create another Gate elsewhere."

Taking another sip, he continued. "Which pirate lord exactly does your friend serve if you don't mind me asking?"
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 15, 2014, 01:59:49 am »

The vampire pauses in consideration. "If dabbling in nature suits you, it is rarely hard for a god to find some nasty plant or animal, make it loyal, and increase its rate of reproduction.

Alternatively, just gather your resources and send word to a Gargoyle Colony that you would like to commission an army. There are Gargoyle Smiths who will make and sell blindly loyal armies to any buyer, and others who will gladly suck up to a Bellian God in hopes of earning favor and perusing the pipe dream of shedding their missfit status. I know that is what Agrippa does when she is desperate or short handed."

"Hm..." He broke out into a grin. "Yes, I suppose I am. Bellians would make the best servants, modified appropriately... perhaps I'll do something else about fodder... yes..."

He tilted his head slightly. "But while we're on the subject, how effective are gargoyle soldiers, and how long would it take them to get here? What exactly defines a misfit race, and why do they want to stop being one?"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 15, 2014, 11:08:39 am »

"Hm..." He broke out into a grin. "Yes, I suppose I am. Bellians would make the best servants, modified appropriately... perhaps I'll do something else about fodder... yes..."

He tilted his head slightly. "But while we're on the subject, how effective are gargoyle soldiers, and how long would it take them to get here? What exactly defines a misfit race, and why do they want to stop being one?"

The vampire shrugs. "Not exactly my area of expertise, but seeing as they are made of stone and tend to have wings, I suppose they would be better common soliders than Bellians. As for time it takes, I think the closest mercenary colony is two months away by boat... Not sure how long they would take to build, but they could be able to fly over if they have enough endurance..."

"As for the Misfit Races," he continues, "They are the non-Bellian races created by Bellian gods. They are generally allowed only to worship their parents or Multia, and only have rights and privilidges in cities ruled by a Bellian family that worships or descends from one of the gods responsible for their creation. Lots of them circulate a rumor that if a Misfit Race gets another god to accept them, they will cease to be a misfit race; It is more likely, however, that the rest of the Bellian Pantheon will simply destroy them to protect Bellian unity and purity."

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 15, 2014, 12:06:08 pm »

Pyrite gave a brief look of confusion before realizing what the dragon was saying.

"Oh! The artifact, yes... heh, thought you meant a pretty monster for his collection. Hm... I'd hoped to get that affection charm for my sister, but he also had the cards, an Orcish spear that gives your mount the aspect of a dire boar, a horn that sucks the joy and ambition out of everyone who hears it, and an... ancient dragon crown. If you don't mind my asking, what's a crown like that do, anyway?

In any case, I put off choosing, so I suppose I could head back and pick up my choice if we needed it. That does sound a little excessive just for a gift, though, especially if we're hoping to woo him based on hating us less than his kin."
He shrugged. "Then again, I know little of dragons, so you'll have to fill me in there."

At the mention of the crown's existence, a wave of euphoria washed over the dragon – only to be cut short by the realization of how much the cards had wronged him. Just knowing of the relic was enough to make him long for it. Regaining his composure, he answered the query. " They have a crown? I won't deny that this is a fortunate development. Still, I guess I will have to disappoint you if you are asking about it's function, as only dragons are able to activate them. If placed upon a suited mortal, there is no greater glory one could attain from a dragon. It strengthens the bearer, enables him to wondrous deeds, and reigns in any misplaced greed he might hold in regard to his master. " Clearly irked at the claim to follow, he continued. " Common bellian history nowadays has a misguided view on them, liking them to enslavement. Little do they know! By voiding the mortal of some shortcomings, his master knows him to be true, allowing the mortal to attain more favour than otherwise possible – nor appropriate. "

Donning an apologetic smile, he ended his explanation on the crown. " Well, under the current circumstances, it is little more than a historic relic. Actually, truth be told, none of the artefacts you mentioned seem an appropriate offer towards the dragon in question. He might be slightly allured by the crown, but as he is neither interested in mortal affairs, nor bound to understand the cultural worth behind it, I would think you would be better served by taking that charm. Or the horn, if you want to serve our cause – it would be sure to dampen the spirit of any army who would have the misfortune of hearing it. " Seemingly pondering over the matter, he concluded the topic. " If I find the time, I just might do something about the gift myself. Then again, all things considered, your handiwork might just interest him the most. "

He furrowed his brow. "About that powder, though... you sure it's Wild Red's? Seems odd that he wouldn't trigger it when he was pulling his other stunts. Either way, I say we nab it and use it on whoever's blockading us. Well, unless we want to try to bribe them into turning on Red. Pirates, and all. The trick would be getting it into them without being sunk... maybe covering it in a waterproof coating and sliding it in underwater? All assuming there's no guardians and whoever does own it doesn't object and all. Certainly an ominous package...

The dragon shrugged when the topic went on to the black powder at the harbour. " It would suit his methods, and we can't rule it out. Obviously using it against the blockading ships would be an idea worth pursuing, but avoiding the danger it poses should come first. Maybe one of you might want to divine the matter, and put it to better use by knowing the whole truth behind it, but my powers will be needed elsewhere. "

inally... did you just say you're going to Selma's Gate to fight off Wild Red personally? I know you like your shrine, but... I mean, I suppose we could try to crush Wild Red separate from the rest of the siege, but it'd be pretty risky..."

Hearing his own goal limited towards the protection of his shrine, the dragon sighed deeply. " I was in Selma's Gate myself. The pirates are running amok, plundering the city, and overall sowing havoc towards the townspeople, while Wild Red pressures them into his service ship by ship. At this rate, we might loose both cities, to the same enemy even! " Shaking his head, he continued. " This is not about my shrine, it is to the benefit of us all, and even both cities that worship us to boot! You say taking him head-on would be dangerous? I can't help but agree. But letting him gather more forces, and facing all of them in Kiatown does not sound any better, now does it? If we move now, and are able to take him out, his troops will scatter, allowing us to take them over for our cause instead. Either way, without supplies from Selma's Gate, the blockade around Kiatown is also bound to fail. Actually, let me say that I am a bit astonished at you lot so hesitant in taking on that pirate, seeing as he already shamed but two of us... "

After shaking his head anew, Auratus addressed his fellow gods. " So tell me – will I stand alone in that matter, with you content to continuously being toyed around by the ploys of a single mortal? Or will you repay the debts he owes you, and better the situation for all of us involved? Let me hear your decisions... "

Ripping her veil off to reveal her pupiless eyes, the young woman offers you a tempered smile. "Father already taught me much of the war, but I'm afraid I have had little exposure to Dracnoic law. Regardless, if you have the texts in Bellian, or any language you are willing to teach me, I would be willing to learn."

She then pauses for thought. "I am an exceptional climber, and my flesh is sensitive to vibirations. Beyond that, I can use both my hands as a common Bellian would his right, but that comes from dad, not mom... Oh, and my spittle is venomous, but my teeth are ill designed for delivering it unlike my mother's fangs; I usually lick my daggers though."

Ambidextrous hands, venom of her own, and able to climb walls? Her skills would make her an ideal candidate for some less virtuous gods or organizations, but while she might not utilize them to their fullest potential under him, they may come in handy at times. Actually, while he normally preferred a more blunt approach to revenge, venom was not unsuitable for such a task either. Deciding that she was at least not unsuited to her future role, he gave a nod of slight approval. " I will keep that in mind then. For now though, your priority will be studying what you will need to know, if you are to serve me well. Considering the current circumstances on the island at large, I somewhat doubt that I will find the time to teach you, regardless of my intentions on that matter. " Smirking lightly, he continued. " As luck would have it, both of the telenic brothers consider themselves scholars, and Ketemos aims seem to include sharing that knowledge among mortals. I hear he has enchanted his so-called Hidden Hall to ease the focus of mortal minds, and as it is accessible from the castle easily enough, it would be a shame to let his ambitions go to waste, no? " Turning serious again, he caressed his chin in thought. " Actually, I am unsure of what tomes – if any – he has on offer in there. Well, if his collection proves unsuited to your task, I will need to think of something myself. "

Finishing his sentence with a shrug, Auratus changed the topic to something slightly more interesting. Direction his attention back towards the girl, he decided that they might as well get the greetings done and over with. The reaction of her kin towards the existence of one of similar blood should prove quite entertaining, if not even fruitful. " If you were schooled about the war, I would presume you to know who Black Carapace is, and that his son, Pyrite, also resides here as a god. There is also his sister, Veilia, which, well... she cleans the place. Actually, since she does so all by herself, it might be more impressive of a task than it sounds at first – either way, they should be very interested in the existence of your mother, and as such we agreed that they will make your acquaintance. "

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 15, 2014, 02:28:56 pm »

Ambidextrous hands, venom of her own, and able to climb walls? Her skills would make her an ideal candidate for some less virtuous gods or organizations, but while she might not utilize them to their fullest potential under him, they may come in handy at times. Actually, while he normally preferred a more blunt approach to revenge, venom was not unsuitable for such a task either. Deciding that she was at least not unsuited to her future role, he gave a nod of slight approval. " I will keep that in mind then. For now though, your priority will be studying what you will need to know, if you are to serve me well. Considering the current circumstances on the island at large, I somewhat doubt that I will find the time to teach you, regardless of my intentions on that matter. " Smirking lightly, he continued. " As luck would have it, both of the telenic brothers consider themselves scholars, and Ketemos aims seem to include sharing that knowledge among mortals. I hear he has enchanted his so-called Hidden Hall to ease the focus of mortal minds, and as it is accessible from the castle easily enough, it would be a shame to let his ambitions go to waste, no? " Turning serious again, he caressed his chin in thought. " Actually, I am unsure of what tomes – if any – he has on offer in there. Well, if his collection proves unsuited to your task, I will need to think of something myself. "

Finishing his sentence with a shrug, Auratus changed the topic to something slightly more interesting. Direction his attention back towards the girl, he decided that they might as well get the greetings done and over with. The reaction of her kin towards the existence of one of similar blood should prove quite entertaining, if not even fruitful. " If you were schooled about the war, I would presume you to know who Black Carapace is, and that his son, Pyrite, also resides here as a god. There is also his sister, Veilia, which, well... she cleans the place. Actually, since she does so all by herself, it might be more impressive of a task than it sounds at first – either way, they should be very interested in the existence of your mother, and as such we agreed that they will make your acquaintance. "

"A Hidden hall for study? Sounds like quite the boon indeed. If he has nothing on Dragons, may I occupy myself with reading up on trade and economics until you figure something out? You are a god of wealth, no?" She shrugs, and offers another grin, "Black Carapace... name rings a bell. The one like my mother, but with a fang on his tail instead of his face... right? I had no clue he even had kids, much less divine ones. I'd be glad to meet them."

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 15, 2014, 05:02:08 pm »

Suppressing the urge to rub his forehead in annoyance, the dragon sharply raised an eyebrow instead. " I would have heard your father not to be a man of faith, but I did not expect you lacking in such important, essential knowledge. " Considering his options, he would loath it to explain each and every detail that she would have to know if she were to live in the castle. Somebody else would have the honour of such a task, or so he decided. " Well then, while we already were introduced, you should firstly know whom exactly you serve. I am Auratus, Son to Tonneth, God of Wrath and Riches. My lineage is as spotless as that of my mother, and as such I am the only god in this pantheon who is devoid of what you would call divine parentage. "

He let those words sink in for a few moments – if she knew of Black Carapace, she was sure to know of his dear mother. If such an insight would be surprising for her, or if she was aware of the untold implications, was another matter. " In consideration of your character, your role as priestess will be to become an extension, if not incarnation of said wrath. Well, you need not to be concerned about being consumed by this, like some followers of the barbarian gods are claimed to be. As far as the mortals are concerned, my anger may be frightening at times, but it is never without valid reasoning. In due time, your tasks will include meeting out justice among the mortals, when they themselves can not provide it, ridding the island of those who have brought woe unto it, judging those that have sinned against the gods of this pantheon, and similar. As such, once you have proven your character, and attained the wisdom to channel your own wrath when it is due, I will be sure to let you achieve enough power that you will be able to do so. "

It seemed that this talk had been overdue, lest the girl had continued under a wrong impression. The dragon tried to gauge her reaction upon these discoveries, but doubted it to be of much importance. If suitable, she would have more power than those of his priests which would be concerned about wealth. If that fact was appearant to her, or lost, would show. Either way, he would have her schooled. He had little doubt her female kin should be able to do so, but if she was unwilling then Linda would have to study about recent events on her own instead.

~

After hearing any answer or concerns his priestess-to-be might have, and maybe even answering in turn, the dragon intended to search for Veilia, giving of the occasional yell of her name.

Whom he did happen upon though, was her brother instead. Deciding that he might as well, the dragon spoke up, bearing a triumphant smile while doing so. " Well, I was searching for your sister, but this also works. If you can get ahold of her, come to my lair in one hour. Else, you alone will also suffice. " Smiling ever broadly, he added. " Before you ask, I am quite sure it will be worth your time. At least for all I would know of you, that is... "

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 15, 2014, 05:32:34 pm »

The vampire shrugs. "Not exactly my area of expertise, but seeing as they are made of stone and tend to have wings, I suppose they would be better common soliders than Bellians. As for time it takes, I think the closest mercenary colony is two months away by boat... Not sure how long they would take to build, but they could be able to fly over if they have enough endurance..."

"As for the Misfit Races," he continues, "They are the non-Bellian races created by Bellian gods. They are generally allowed only to worship their parents or Multia, and only have rights and privilidges in cities ruled by a Bellian family that worships or descends from one of the gods responsible for their creation. Lots of them circulate a rumor that if a Misfit Race gets another god to accept them, they will cease to be a misfit race; It is more likely, however, that the rest of the Bellian Pantheon will simply destroy them to protect Bellian unity and purity."
Pyrite raised an eyebrow. "Why do they care so much about that, anyway? Seems like an odd thing to get all genocidal over."

At the mention of the crown's existence, a wave of euphoria washed over the dragon – only to be cut short by the realization of how much the cards had wronged him. Just knowing of the relic was enough to make him long for it. Regaining his composure, he answered the query. " They have a crown? I won't deny that this is a fortunate development. Still, I guess I will have to disappoint you if you are asking about it's function, as only dragons are able to activate them. If placed upon a suited mortal, there is no greater glory one could attain from a dragon. It strengthens the bearer, enables him to wondrous deeds, and reigns in any misplaced greed he might hold in regard to his master. " Clearly irked at the claim to follow, he continued. " Common bellian history nowadays has a misguided view on them, liking them to enslavement. Little do they know! By voiding the mortal of some shortcomings, his master knows him to be true, allowing the mortal to attain more favour than otherwise possible – nor appropriate. "

Donning an apologetic smile, he ended his explanation on the crown. " Well, under the current circumstances, it is little more than a historic relic. Actually, truth be told, none of the artefacts you mentioned seem an appropriate offer towards the dragon in question. He might be slightly allured by the crown, but as he is neither interested in mortal affairs, nor bound to understand the cultural worth behind it, I would think you would be better served by taking that charm. Or the horn, if you want to serve our cause – it would be sure to dampen the spirit of any army who would have the misfortune of hearing it. " Seemingly pondering over the matter, he concluded the topic. " If I find the time, I just might do something about the gift myself. Then again, all things considered, your handiwork might just interest him the most. "
"Hm, maybe. The horn would affect ours as well, though... maybe if we plugged their ears, but then they'd figure out to do the same... I wonder if forcing them to keep their hearing plugged at all times while we know when to prepare and when it's safe could give an advantage? I'll have to think on that.

As for my handiwork, yes... but I'm not sure of his tastes. I know he feels only unbearable agony can cleanse sufficiently to prepare one for his gifts... but other than that, nothing. We might be better off talking to him or his priest at the fort first."

Hearing his own goal limited towards the protection of his shrine, the dragon sighed deeply. " I was in Selma's Gate myself. The pirates are running amok, plundering the city, and overall sowing havoc towards the townspeople, while Wild Red pressures them into his service ship by ship. At this rate, we might loose both cities, to the same enemy even! " Shaking his head, he continued. " This is not about my shrine, it is to the benefit of us all, and even both cities that worship us to boot! You say taking him head-on would be dangerous? I can't help but agree. But letting him gather more forces, and facing all of them in Kiatown does not sound any better, now does it? If we move now, and are able to take him out, his troops will scatter, allowing us to take them over for our cause instead. Either way, without supplies from Selma's Gate, the blockade around Kiatown is also bound to fail. Actually, let me say that I am a bit astonished at you lot so hesitant in taking on that pirate, seeing as he already shamed but two of us... "

After shaking his head anew, Auratus addressed his fellow gods. " So tell me – will I stand alone in that matter, with you content to continuously being toyed around by the ploys of a single mortal? Or will you repay the debts he owes you, and better the situation for all of us involved? Let me hear your decisions... "
"Mmf. Well, if we're all going, I'm going too. If only some of us are going... oh, hell with it. Tulwor's probably going to drag me and his sister in anyway."

-

After hearing any answer or concerns his priestess-to-be might have, and maybe even answering in turn, the dragon intended to search for Veilia, giving of the occasional yell of her name.

Whom he did happen upon though, was her brother instead. Deciding that he might as well, the dragon spoke up, bearing a triumphant smile while doing so. " Well, I was searching for your sister, but this also works. If you can get ahold of her, come to my lair in one hour. Else, you alone will also suffice. " Smiling ever broadly, he added. " Before you ask, I am quite sure it will be worth your time. At least for all I would know of you, that is... "
Pyrite raised an eyebrow, clearly curious. "Well... I'll do that, then. See you in an hour."

He took his time pondering what the dragon might have in store for him, confident that he could locate his sister relatively quickly. On the other hand, she might need ample warning to finish off whatever she was working on at the time...

"Veilia?" he called out, searching for her when he felt the time was right. "Dragon wants to talk to us. The smaller one, I mean. Didn't say what about, but seemed pretty pleased with himself..."

Once he had her in tow, it was off to a very peculiar meeting.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 16, 2014, 12:48:18 am »

Suppressing the urge to rub his forehead in annoyance, the dragon sharply raised an eyebrow instead. " I would have heard your father not to be a man of faith, but I did not expect you lacking in such important, essential knowledge. " Considering his options, he would loath it to explain each and every detail that she would have to know if she were to live in the castle. Somebody else would have the honour of such a task, or so he decided. " Well then, while we already were introduced, you should firstly know whom exactly you serve. I am Auratus, Son to Tonneth, God of Wrath and Riches. My lineage is as spotless as that of my mother, and as such I am the only god in this pantheon who is devoid of what you would call divine parentage. "

He let those words sink in for a few moments – if she knew of Black Carapace, she was sure to know of his dear mother. If such an insight would be surprising for her, or if she was aware of the untold implications, was another matter. " In consideration of your character, your role as priestess will be to become an extension, if not incarnation of said wrath. Well, you need not to be concerned about being consumed by this, like some followers of the barbarian gods are claimed to be. As far as the mortals are concerned, my anger may be frightening at times, but it is never without valid reasoning. In due time, your tasks will include meeting out justice among the mortals, when they themselves can not provide it, ridding the island of those who have brought woe unto it, judging those that have sinned against the gods of this pantheon, and similar. As such, once you have proven your character, and attained the wisdom to channel your own wrath when it is due, I will be sure to let you achieve enough power that you will be able to do so. "

It seemed that this talk had been overdue, lest the girl had continued under a wrong impression. The dragon tried to gauge her reaction upon these discoveries, but doubted it to be of much importance. If suitable, she would have more power than those of his priests which would be concerned about wealth. If that fact was appearant to her, or lost, would show. Either way, he would have her schooled. He had little doubt her female kin should be able to do so, but if she was unwilling then Linda would have to study about recent events on her own instead.

~

She grimaces when you describe her eventual task. "I am unsure if I could judge all the residents of Kiatown fairly. As you mentioned earlier, there are those who despise me on account of my heritage, in spite of the veil, it isn't exactly a well kept secret in town that there is something less-than-Bellian about me and my sibblings. I have accrued quite a few grudges I'm afraid, and would be biased against a good number of the people there... I've never been shy about starting feuds."

He took his time pondering what the dragon might have in store for him, confident that he could locate his sister relatively quickly. On the other hand, she might need ample warning to finish off whatever she was working on at the time...

"Veilia?" he called out, searching for her when he felt the time was right. "Dragon wants to talk to us. The smaller one, I mean. Didn't say what about, but seemed pretty pleased with himself..."

Once he had her in tow, it was off to a very peculiar meeting.

The filth banisher is found  changing the Bedpan of the crippled Orcess Unrest. As she finishes up she offers a wry and resentful comment about how Auratus has likely started on some messy new project that will keep her even busier. Eventually she lets you lead her to the dragon's lair however...

The Meeting:

The children of Black Carapace enter the Dragon's chamber to find a young woman smoking a thick cigar and discussing something with Auratus. Veilia quickly aproaches the newcomer, and begins to lay into her with a rant about befouling the air with vile smoke, but Pyrite quickly stops her upon noticing the new girl's eyes; Just like his own.

"Yeah..." She comments offhandedly, noticing your eyes as well, "We have to be distant cousins or something..."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 16, 2014, 12:55:09 am »

"Really?" Pyrite asked, pleasantly surprised. "Who's your sire? We're the spawn of Black Carapace, great scorpion of the border between Bellian and Barbarian lands."

His eyes narrowed.

"...and what are you doing in Auratus' room? He didn't finally gain some appetites, did he?"
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 39