Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread  (Read 51772 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: Game Thread
« Reply #285 on: August 05, 2014, 10:37:34 pm »

"I'd like to think that a series of vaults owned, maintained, and guarded by the greatest military bloodline in Bellian History would be safer than some rickety farmer's attic, but I can understand why the gods wouldn't want such a thing in their city."

He sighs, "Very well, I will get rid of it. I'll either have it sent back to one of the family estates on the mainland, or sold to somebody seeking an expensive token from the island. It isn't worth much to me, as I can't cut into it without going nuts."

Mortus speaks slowly, doing his best to explain the complex issue at hand. "I've cleaned up some of yer earlier creations boy, and I wouldn't have known it if they had not told me. The soul carries an almost perfect memory of the mortal body and mind, that is how we can bring back Heralds; I actually restored that slobbering hound-man ya made 'bout a decade ago, and 'ave him working ta docks at ta Ice Realm. These soul memories, however, do not alter the form of a soul any more than a livin' man's memories alter the form of his body."
Pyrite was silent for several minutes as he processed this information... and its connotations.

"Where do the differences between souls come from, then?" he finally asked.

"Same place differences in ta body do, I suppose. Heritage. Ye be born with a body and a soul, and they be connected, but the connection is not strong enough that one may not survive without the other, or that one becomes altered just because ta other is altered."

He gives you a bemused look, "Listen, if screwing around with soul becomes an intrest of yers, I can ask around the Ice Realm and Necromancy circles ta find ya a proper teacher, unless ye be to proud and godly ta have one."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 06, 2014, 12:18:50 am »

"I'd advise getting it off the island but as long as its not in Kiatown, you may do as you wish. We shall speak at another time."

With that, Ketemos took his leave and went on to other business.

---

For the next few days, Ketemos spent his time poring over Mother's notes on the gargoyles, trying to understand the magic and mechanics at work needed to create such beings. Recently, he had become disillusioned with the ability of mortals to do as was needed, and so decided to create yet another contraption to aid them. This construct would teach knowledge for free, without payment or needs. It would have a mind completely dedicated to education, never faltering or doubting the cause of its creator. If someone actually deigned to do harm to the machine, it also had the ability to teleport to the Hidden Hall. Or at least, Ketemos hoped. He lacked Clammor's knowledge of stone and metal and in truth, he was not sure if his work would come to anything. Regardless, he poured all his skill into the golem, this Luminary, for the hope of future successes.

2 Miracles: Create the Luminary, a golem fueled by Ketemos' divinity. It possesses an automatically updated record of the Hidden Hall's collection within itself, being able to easily speak and instruct about the various contents of these tomes. Its main purpose is to teach and will do as Ketemos instructs. If harmed, it is able to activate an in-built Nexus Gate teleporting it to the Hidden Hall.
((Rest of actions dependent on the above so not typing it up yet.))
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 11:45:23 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 06, 2014, 12:25:01 am »

"Same place differences in ta body do, I suppose. Heritage. Ye be born with a body and a soul, and they be connected, but the connection is not strong enough that one may not survive without the other, or that one becomes altered just because ta other is altered."

He gives you a bemused look, "Listen, if screwing around with soul becomes an intrest of yers, I can ask around the Ice Realm and Necromancy circles ta find ya a proper teacher, unless ye be to proud and godly ta have one."
"Hah! I don't know how serious I am just yet, but I'm certainly not too proud to learn from others. In fact, I think I might prefer a teacher before I begin experimenting. This isn't my area of expertise, and if they're as messy as you say, it might be better for everyone if I wasn't trying to learn from scratch."

Head to Selma's Gate and meet with every Pirate Lord who will see me about possible mercenary service.

Attend Lord Ryder's card game, but if possible, convince him to move it to Newbellum so that all of the gods, even those currently too busy to attend personally, may partake in it.

Attempt to improve Oliver again, with the same regeneration and hardening, shifting bone implements as last time.

If no one else handles Darla's dreams, enter them and attempt to interpret and explain them to her. If someone does handle Darla's dreams, send Samwise a dream instead.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 06:57:58 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 06, 2014, 02:12:33 pm »

Auratus glared at the statue holding the prayer glass, just as if it were to blame for the current circumstances, and in a sense he was sure that this was the case. What foul creatures these gods were, and furthermore, how inefficient their meddling. Not only had Ketemos betrayed what little trust there had been between them, he also showed himself unable to finish the task at hand – or was he planning to waste his time even further, having concocted another scheme to hinder him? Be it as it may, the prayer that previously had called out to him, was seemingly not to be his at the moment.

"Lord Ryder Infelix.." he murmured, a bemused grin stealing itself unto his face. He already had turned their fortune once, even though he had left the choice of it to the young herald. Thinking back on that whole matter, the dragon actually felt a pang of remorse, for he had hoped that Messel the elder would have the wit to give him the artefact, instead of some comparatively useless gold – having been gifted such an item would have heightened its worth far more than if he had demanded it outright after all. Unfortunate, but then again this Lord Ryder would have to make up for it with the promised gift. Either way, the fortune of House Infelix could not be that bad, if his casual meddling was enough to render them more successful then before. Maybe their curse was only limited to gods and mortals, or so he mused – still, their offer was most interesting. He just had to get involved.

Throwing another long glance at the orb of glass, he decided the other prayers were not among the things that should interest him, and made way for his hoard. His grin widening enough to show most of his diamond teeth, he decided that he might even bear a gift for that mortal. Not doubting the words conveyed in prayer, the good man should have no trouble accepting it either. The thought was delightful enough to void some of his sour mood, and he even allowed himself a small chuckle, before setting his mind to what would need to be done.

~

Confining himself to solitary brooding, the dragon sat in his personal throne, dwarved by the cave that surrounded him. Intently staring at the crown that he circled in his right claws, he could not deny that he would like it very much if he were to put it onto some mortals head. Having gained somewhat of a foothold in Selma's Gate, he felt free to scheme in Kiatown instead – but if he were too daring, he could stand to loose what little he had achieved until now. As seductively the thought of controlling both cities was, he doubted the gods would leave it, nor him be – even if he were to achieve it, such arrangements would surely be of short duration. Then there also was the matter of that barbarian pirate. With a sigh he concluded that right now was not the time to reclaim further draconic artefacts - them being defiled for a few decades or centuries longer, not enough of a concern for him to fault his own schemes.

In the end, he settled for a somewhat prudent plan – he would not be content to leave the bellian city without new followers, and as such also approaching the House of Riptide would fit him very well. With their help, his ascension to a naval power would be far easier, and while he held no particular love for the sea, muscling himself into piracy and trade was bound to be very profitable indeed. After checking his plans for faults – there were none, indeed – he was intent to leave the castle. Maybe he would even go for a snack before that, but he was rather undecided about this insignificant matter.

Auratus will absolutely meet with the head of House Infelix. He would even wait around, should the inconceivable happen, and said Lord be unavailable, despite offering up such a prayer to his gods.

Unless he needs to spend two actions on getting the chance to play a game of cards, he will then have a good talk with the heads of House Riptide.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 03:18:08 pm by escaped lurker »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 06, 2014, 02:59:39 pm »

"Hah! I don't know how serious I am just yet, but I'm certainly not too proud to learn from others. In fact, I think I might prefer a teacher before I begin experimenting. This isn't my area of expertise, and if they're as messy as you say, it might be better for everyone if I wasn't trying to learn from scratch."

Mortus bobs his avian head. "Very well then. I'll ask about fer ya. With any luck, I'll be able ta bring somebody back with me on me next visit. Even if ya don't want ta peruse soul stuff very far, I'm sure whoever I bring will just appreciate the opprotunity ta add 'I taught a fecking god' to their resume."

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 06, 2014, 04:26:57 pm »

While he generally had a rather low opinion of the gods in general, and was currently quite disgruntled with those that shared a place in the pantheon with him, Auratus was not all that hostile towards the barbarian god. Sure, his peers were more often than not as wretched as their bellian counterparts, but the most likely oldest god living in the castle, was clearly bellow the dragon in station and strength. A pleasant state of affairs.

There also was the presumed lack of hostile history between them, or at least it could hardly be as bad as what had occurred in the war before time. While he might not grow to like the pig, if he was able to tolerate one god, it was this one. Maybe... well, it was a possibility worth verification. He had pondered it before, but seeing as things were going right now, it might be worth his time after all.

Entering the kitchen, he called out for the god in question. " Oinkiny? I would care for a light meal before my departure. " Bearing a slight smile, he added the main reason for his visit. " It also would please me, if you were to join me in my meal... "

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 06, 2014, 05:30:38 pm »

"Sure thing friend," Oinkiny, "it has been far too long since I've been invited to prepare a meal for a dragon! Make yourself comfortable at the table, and I will bring something out for us."

The dining hall is tastefully done, a large white table contained by white walls, all trimmed in rose gold. The centerpiece is a sculpture that changes in shape to depict the form of all gods present, right now showing a pink tinted replica of yourself sitting the throne in your chambers.

The wait is brief. The chef arrives with the meal shortly before your patience begins to wear thin, and places your tray, and goblet of strong acid to flush your metallic innards, in front of you before serving himself.

The former Barbarian God has prepared you quite the impressive salad; The main ingredients are the root and leaves of Dragon Radish, loathsome to most mortal mouths, but loved by most earth dragons for its high iron content and most fire dragons for its high concentration of sulfur. The dish also contains tomatoes, various common mushrooms, tangy and valuable diamond mushroom (which your mother always claimed grew nowhere but in her cave), and soft boiled kernels from an ear of earth toned corn.

Oinkiny had also thought to provide you with a small and tastefully arranged plate full of assorted rare and high value minerals, in case you prefer such fare to organic food. In the center of the table is placed an assortment of dressings and seasonings, some of which you have only heard of in Draconic legend.

"I was once invited to prepare a feast for the Gear Dragon Quoxklang, and all his family and favored underlings, celebrating victory at Piedmont Beach." He declares to start the meal off, "This meal was the first course, all those years ago... Only battle in the whole damn war where our side was able to defeat a host lead by Rexxis himself... but I'm sure your mother wouldn't have let you out of her cave without you knowing your history."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 06, 2014, 11:45:33 pm »

((Ignore; replied accidentally))
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 07, 2014, 02:44:38 pm »

" Indeed, she made sure that I know what truly transpired, as the bellian history is, well, embellished, to say the least. When I find myself with more time than I have right now, your account of what transpired back then, could actually prove quite interesting to me. " The time before time. An age when dragons roamed freely, and reigned supreme. Auratus could not help but be interested in the golden era of dragonkind, and while he had reviewed the warped version that the bellian mortals take for truth, the barbarian narrations ought to paint his kin far less removed from the truth that he knew.

Looking over his meal once more, he dared not to deny that the god seemingly was living up to his reputation. " Still, I have to admit that you managed to surprise me, be it the variety of my meal, or the history behind it. " He raised his goblet, and gave the god an appreciative nod. " I will be sure to savour it in its entirety. " After sipping a mouthful, he reached for one of the dressings – he planned to sample them all – and began to partake of his meal, gesturing to Oinkiny to do the same with his own meal.

~

Needless to say, the meal was as divine as the host, and skilfully garnished to boot, making sure that his eyes were able to feast as well. Eating in small bites, the dragon circled through the provided condiments, and while some of them obviously suited his tongue more than others, all of them were above the mercury that he usually applied for seasoning. Even the nostalgic taste of diamond mushroom was enhanced in previously unknown ways, actually managing to make it a refreshing, new taste for him. As a result, even though he had wanted to enjoy the different flavours to their fullest, before long his plate was empty.

Using an oblong piece of platinum simultaneously as toothpick and after-meal snack, he finished by draining what little remained in his goblet by then. " Let me express my gratitude. I would almost say that I rarely have dined so well, but I think we both know that this actually should be the first time that I dined as well as I just did. " Letting his voice trail off, he added. " With your skills, I am actually surprised that Rexxis saw it fit to send you here, instead of making you his personal cook. Not that I would wish such a fate upon you, as I would wager you would find it rather distasteful to do so! "

Basking in the afterglow of his meal, Auratus was clearly less irate than before – well, at least he was not really able to vent what remained of his rage in the presence of his host. He was quite sure that this would not be the last time he partook of the pig-like god's dishes. " Still, I am surprised you were able to obtain such fitting ingredients on such short notice, not to speak of the rare nature of some. I am somewhat interested in how you obtained them, because I doubt you would be able to grow all of them yourself, nor would I have heard you to dabble in agriculture... " Hastily he added, " Oh, should you be loath to discuss it, on account of it being some sort of secret, just say so. I do understand that one can't lay bare important information on a whim after all. "

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 07, 2014, 07:40:21 pm »

" Indeed, she made sure that I know what truly transpired, as the bellian history is, well, embellished, to say the least. When I find myself with more time than I have right now, your account of what transpired back then, could actually prove quite interesting to me. " The time before time. An age when dragons roamed freely, and reigned supreme. Auratus could not help but be interested in the golden era of dragonkind, and while he had reviewed the warped version that the bellian mortals take for truth, the barbarian narrations ought to paint his kin far less removed from the truth that he knew.

Looking over his meal once more, he dared not to deny that the god seemingly was living up to his reputation. " Still, I have to admit that you managed to surprise me, be it the variety of my meal, or the history behind it. " He raised his goblet, and gave the god an appreciative nod. " I will be sure to savour it in its entirety. " After sipping a mouthful, he reached for one of the dressings – he planned to sample them all – and began to partake of his meal, gesturing to Oinkiny to do the same with his own meal.

~

Needless to say, the meal was as divine as the host, and skilfully garnished to boot, making sure that his eyes were able to feast as well. Eating in small bites, the dragon circled through the provided condiments, and while some of them obviously suited his tongue more than others, all of them were above the mercury that he usually applied for seasoning. Even the nostalgic taste of diamond mushroom was enhanced in previously unknown ways, actually managing to make it a refreshing, new taste for him. As a result, even though he had wanted to enjoy the different flavours to their fullest, before long his plate was empty.

Using an oblong piece of platinum simultaneously as toothpick and after-meal snack, he finished by draining what little remained in his goblet by then. " Let me express my gratitude. I would almost say that I rarely have dined so well, but I think we both know that this actually should be the first time that I dined as well as I just did. " Letting his voice trail off, he added. " With your skills, I am actually surprised that Rexxis saw it fit to send you here, instead of making you his personal cook. Not that I would wish such a fate upon you, as I would wager you would find it rather distasteful to do so! "

Basking in the afterglow of his meal, Auratus was clearly less irate than before – well, at least he was not really able to vent what remained of his rage in the presence of his host. He was quite sure that this would not be the last time he partook of the pig-like god's dishes. " Still, I am surprised you were able to obtain such fitting ingredients on such short notice, not to speak of the rare nature of some. I am somewhat interested in how you obtained them, because I doubt you would be able to grow all of them yourself, nor would I have heard you to dabble in agriculture... " Hastily he added, " Oh, should you be loath to discuss it, on account of it being some sort of secret, just say so. I do understand that one can't lay bare important information on a whim after all. "

"Eh, I'm no historian, nor even a warrior, but I was close enough to the battlefield, and the major players on our side, that my tales may hold your interest... And thanks, if you enjoy it, it would be an honor." The former god answers before digging into his own plate; Unlike you, he knows exactly what dressing he wants, and applies a few liberal squirts before digging in.

---

"Thank you so much. It is not often I have an audience that justifies a dish of this sort, and I am glad it is appreciated..." He pauses for a second when you bring up Rexxis, "He did put me on his personal staff for a bit, but it was a poor fit; From a culinary perspective, he is boring. He has six meals, eight appetizers, and three deserts that he likes to eat, and a single chef for each who has done nothing but train their entire life to make that single dish."

He wipes his face with his napkin, and downs the remaining wine that he had poured himself and speaks his mind hesitantly. "Working for him wasn't as distasteful as I thought it might be though, and seeing the innards of his court was rather enlightening. The wretched Valor whispers lies of Bellian superiority into his ear, and I suspect his biggest fault is that he is naive enough to buy them. That doesn't take the blood off his hands mind you, but left to his own devices, he is far from the biggest problem in the Pantheon."

"Valor," he almost spits upon speaking the name, but remembers in time that he is at a fancy table, "saw fit to leave me with my materialization powers when he stripped me of godhood, but only as they relate to organic ingredients I intend to cook with. I have centuries of practice and experience materializing meat and veggies; I can make them better than many nature gods can grow them. Clammor had to leave me a large stock of crunchables suitable for a descendant of the Earth Dragons, but I assure you I have enough to last for awhile."

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 08, 2014, 12:04:41 pm »

" Rexxis has admitted a full-blooded dragon into this pantheon, and plans to reinstate yourself truly into his own. " The dragon sneered. " While it is rather well known that he is easy to influence, he might be loosing touch with reality. Or maybe he is thinking such actions would be able to bridge over the bloody grudges from the past? Whichever it is, I can't imagine that he will succeed so easily... " Fishing a bismuth crystal from the plate, he slowly crushed it under his teeth. Unoxidised bismuth, a rare treat – while its taste was obviously more ore-some than his salad, it was also far more crude in comparison. After contemplating on the flavour for a moment, he swallowed the gritty remains and continued his talk.

" Well, time will tell, and I doubt we will be able to influence too much of it for the time being. " Auratus lightly shook his head, not intent on dwelling on matters which would lay further in the future than his own creation laid in the past.

" Speaking of things we can do, I can't imagine you to be busy with so few gods to attend to. Would you be loath to leave the castle on special occasion? Though I suppose nothing short of the yet undecided Kiatown Coronation, or Selma herself visiting her namesake would be ample enough reason to do so. " A humorous glint in his eyes, the dragon started to banter. " Actually, if you really feel like working, cooking up a feast for the besieged Kiatown army would not only give a much-needed raise to their spirits, they might even institute you as a saint afterwards. I doubt the bellian gods here would find any fault with it either! " Chuckling slightly at his own comment, the dragon still kept a discreet eye on Oinkiny's reaction.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 08, 2014, 12:36:26 pm »

Ketari took the elephant outside, then gently placed a hand on the beast's head.
]"You are thin, aren't you? I know what it's like to starve."she whispered to the beast. "You're mine now, though. I'll take care of you."
She focused her mind and let the power flow. The elephant would grow, age, until it was a mighty beast, fit for Ketari to ride upon.

Age the poison elephant to adulthood. If the first miracle fails, try again, but otherwise only use one.

"Veleno... that's your name."

She smiled.

----

No doubt long after the dragon had left, Ketari poked her head into the kitchens to see the pig-headed former god.
"Oinkiny? " The Barkers dragged in a pair of cages behind her - one had four chicks stuffed inside, while in the other a harpy warrior barely fit. "A gift. I leave it up to your expertise."

----

On her way back, she rapped on Ketemos' door.
"Scholar! You have something I would like to request!"

It was impressive what birds could overhear... or maybe they talked to the roaches and rats. Either way, she knew that ketemos had in his possession two fleshy patches - she felt like she should give Patches under Kiatown a visit. They had war to discuss. But first she needed that patch, as she'd seen the might of the portal when she'd followed the corpse-mangler.

Miracle to grow the elephant, Velenos. Interaction is going to be visiting Patches in Kiatown.
Remaining miracle stored.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 01:26:54 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 08, 2014, 03:05:58 pm »

" Rexxis has admitted a full-blooded dragon into this pantheon, and plans to reinstate yourself truly into his own. " The dragon sneered. " While it is rather well known that he is easy to influence, he might be loosing touch with reality. Or maybe he is thinking such actions would be able to bridge over the bloody grudges from the past? Whichever it is, I can't imagine that he will succeed so easily... " Fishing a bismuth crystal from the plate, he slowly crushed it under his teeth. Unoxidised bismuth, a rare treat – while its taste was obviously more ore-some than his salad, it was also far more crude in comparison. After contemplating on the flavour for a moment, he swallowed the gritty remains and continued his talk.

" Well, time will tell, and I doubt we will be able to influence too much of it for the time being. " Auratus lightly shook his head, not intent on dwelling on matters which would lay further in the future than his own creation laid in the past.

" Speaking of things we can do, I can't imagine you to be busy with so few gods to attend to. Would you be loath to leave the castle on special occasion? Though I suppose nothing short of the yet undecided Kiatown Coronation, or Selma herself visiting her namesake would be ample enough reason to do so. " A humorous glint in his eyes, the dragon started to banter. " Actually, if you really feel like working, cooking up a feast for the besieged Kiatown army would not only give a much-needed raise to their spirits, they might even institute you as a saint afterwards. I doubt the bellian gods here would find any fault with it either! " Chuckling slightly at his own comment, the dragon still kept a discreet eye on Oinkiny's reaction.

The pig god shrugs, "I've never been much more than a chef, even at my height, so schemes and revenge usually are not my department, unless of course somebody I despise is dumb enough to dine at my table..."

He smiles at the Dragon's suggestion of getting out and serving the Bellians. "Not a terrible idea. I'll have to improvise, as I can't just materialize cooking equipment anymore, but I'm sure I'll be able to figure something out. I haven't fed an army in ages. Chell told me that Tulwor was going out to visit the army soon... I might have to ask him for notes when he gets back."

No doubt long after the dragon had left, Ketari poked her head into the kitchens to see the pig-headed former god.
"Oinkiny? " The Barkers dragged in a pair of cages behind her - one had four chicks stuffed inside, while in the other a harpy warrior barely fit. "A gift. I leave it up to your expertise."

Oinkiny almost squeals with joy at the delivery. "Knowing you, these are to be served, yes? Any particular timing or occasion for this meal? I promise that you will not be disappointed."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 08, 2014, 04:28:21 pm »

Ketari laughed with him at his delight. "I can hope there'll be more to come as well. Good news, yes? No particular timing intended, no, but the last two I had were raw. Interesting to try a cooked flavour.

I look forward to it. Though I do have a request... I have an elephant that Dennis is caring for when I am not in the castle. I'd appreciate it if you helped feed it so the poor creature doesn't starve."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 08, 2014, 05:34:52 pm »

Ketemos opened the door.

"Yes?"
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39